Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

Sleater-Kinney are amazing at what they do, and it's always a treat to see them perform on the telly, even with the weird sterile atmosphere they looked great. But there's no substitute for going to seeing them at their own gig, I saw they play live in Manchester for the first time earlier this year, I've seen hundreds of live bands in my life, but Sleater-Kinney stood out as one of the very best, a truly unique show that doesn't come along very often. I got into them right after they'd first split up, in the middle of my teens I'd just discovered this brilliant band that seemed like nothing I'd ever come across before, they just sounded so much more fucking vital and important than anything else I'd ever listened to. It always pained me that I'd never see them live. Then last year a new single appeared, they announced they'd be coming back and releasing a new album and going on tour. It was exciting, but worrying that it might be disappointing. I got tickets to the Manchester show, the album was fantastic, so that gave me hope it'd be great. I got really worked up and excited about the show in the weeks leading up to it, went along to the show and actually had butterflies in my stomach while waiting for them to come on. About 15 minutes before they started I had a big crisis of confidence, I thought I'd got too excited and I was building myself up for disappointment. Then they came on and fucking nailed it, in such unbelievable style, it was so much better than I'd ever expected. I didn't sleep at all that night, I was buzzing so much, one for the ages.

Defo best in the series for me.

Muse(yes, I like them), Sleater-Kinney, Seasick Steve, Brilliant stuff.

On the subject of Seasick Steve,for some reason I thought he was playing the festival.Can't find him on the poster or the rumours list, did I imagine it? or was he mentioned as a possibility so many times I took it that he was playing?

Sleater-Kinney are amazing at what they do, and it's always a treat to see them perform on the telly, even with the weird sterile atmosphere they looked great. But there's no substitute for going to seeing them at their own gig, I saw they play live in Manchester for the first time earlier this year, I've seen hundreds of live bands in my life, but Sleater-Kinney stood out as one of the very best, a truly unique show that doesn't come along very often. I got into them right after they'd first split up, in the middle of my teens I'd just discovered this brilliant band that seemed like nothing I'd ever come across before, they just sounded so much more fucking vital and important than anything else I'd ever listened to. It always pained me that I'd never see them live. Then last year a new single appeared, they announced they'd be coming back and releasing a new album and going on tour. It was exciting, but worrying that it might be disappointing. I got tickets to the Manchester show, the album was fantastic, so that gave me hope it'd be great. I got really worked up and excited about the show in the weeks leading up to it, went along to the show and actually had butterflies in my stomach while waiting for them to come on. About 15 minutes before they started I had a big crisis of confidence, I thought I'd got too excited and I was building myself up for disappointment. Then they came on and fucking nailed it, in such unbelievable style, it was so much better than I'd ever expected. I didn't sleep at all that night, I was buzzing so much, one for the ages.

Alright soz

On the subject of Seasick Steve,for some reason I thought he was playing the festival.Can't find him on the poster or the rumours list, did I imagine it? or was he mentioned as a possibility so many times I took it that he was playing?

He has a lone gig in Bristol on the 26th then a couple of free days to make an appearance. Wouldn't be a surprise if he is announced.

Yep - agreed - by far the best show of the series. I liked Muse, SK, Seasick and Ala ni - all great stuff.

• 3 months later...

weekend ...shit ....did you notice he hadno backing singers but there was alot of backing singing ......shit  2nd song even worse than first

gilmore...shit

libs get on old sons good to see them back great pete knocking the mik over

strange wailing people ...better than the weekend shit but pritty shit all the same

gilmore ...just out to make more money nowadays go and retire and relax old son

and that was it fucking over ....quicker than glasto tixs on sunday lol

good luck to everyone btw

byee

strange wailing people ...better than the weekend shit but pritty shit all the same

There I was dozing off in the armchair and these came on (Dakhabrakha from Ukraine)

- like nothing I'd heard before. I'm not sure if I liked them or not, but so what in this world of mediocrity in music there has to be a place for the strange and the wailing.

There I was dozing off in the armchair and these came on (Dakhabrakha from Ukraine)

- like nothing I'd heard before. I'm not sure if I liked them or not, but so what in this world of mediocrity in music there has to be a place for the strange and the wailing.

My little one said "Did he mean to do that?" at the end their performance.  I think she was referring to his final smurk and tambourine bing.

I liked them.  Good cello playing.