Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

Wow, never seen/heard Ezra Furman before. That was brilliant.

Didn't see it last night but glad Ezra was good. Marc Riley on Six music has been championing him for a few years now and I think there is a session coming up shortly.

Definitely worth catching live - I saw him at the Joiners in Southampton last year and it was one of my gigs of the year.

Didn't have high hopes for last night due to Rudimental and Simply Red having top billing, and they were predictably poor, but Ezra Furman was brilliant, will definitely be checking him out some more. Plus Skepta obviously smashed it with Shutdown. So not the disaster it could have been.

lets not pretend that simply red doing money's too tight to mention, wasn't fantastic.

hucknall might be a total dick, but still a great singer. (his solo soul is stuff supposed to be decent)

ezra furman, one I will be looking into, as for the rest, not bad, and as I've said before, grime aint my thing, but skepta was at least captivating to watch.

star of the shows was the moustache on the singer on that first dreadful rudimental track!

Yep - Hucknall looked a wreck, but despite always hating him, I thought 'Money's Too Tight to Mention' was bang on the money - a top backing band as well.

Ezra Furman - crikey I thought it was a woman!! Interesting though.

Joan Armatrading doing Jimi Hendrix at the end of 'Me, Myself, I' was surprising and good......

Edited by Nickyboy

Last one of the series tonight but the lineup looks pretty decent, especially compared to last week. Muse, Melody Gardot, Giorgio Moroder, Sleater-Kinney, Seasick Steve, Peggy Seeger and Ala.Ni.

I really like Melody Gardot and pleased she's finally got some new material our :)

Last one of the series tonight but the lineup looks pretty decent, especially compared to last week. Muse, Melody Gardot, Giorgio Moroder, Sleater-Kinney, Seasick Steve, Peggy Seeger and Ala.Ni.

Best of the series on paper imo. Looking forward to it, Sleater Kinney especially.

Only caught Hucknall, jeezes, what has that man done to his face? I thought he'd been in an accident.

Still got a decent voice on him mind, not my cup of tea though.

You have to be really careful with spelling of cosmetic surgery or you can end up with Butox injections