Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

I've just come to the discovery that I quite like St Vincent. I don't think i've ever heard anything by before but I liked that alot! Will be correcting this tomorrow :D

Thought Ezz-eh was a bit weaker than I imagined it would be live, but could be just cause its Jools. Prefer it on record.

Bumblebee sounds pretty damn decent actually!

Disregarding the quality of the music on the programme for one minute, Jools is still a crap presenter. How many years has he been in the TV game? His ability to fill and ad-lib is cringeworthy.

We saw it at the end of the last show with Eno and the the other week with Neil Finn.

His interview technique is rubbish too. I feel embarrassed for him and sometimes have to fast forward through it to stop the pain.

I love the programme and have discovered many bands as a result but the quality of the presenting is almost a joke.

If there was any sort of alternative to Jools he wouldn't last, I suppose I can put up with his annoying style if he attracts in good bands, which to be fair to him he had done well over the years.

Really enjoyed St Vincent, will have to make more effort as I didn't get into the album she made with David Byrne.

Kasabian OK, but it's just the two of them really, has the drummer and bassist ever been known to speak in public or be anything but in the background in band photos?

Had a good chuckle at Kasabian. Reckon they'll be something funnier on in the cabaret tent though if I fancy a laugh on Sunday night.

St Vincent was brilliant, as ever. I first came across her last time she was on and was completely blown away.

• Upvote 1

Lot of love for bumblebee here, have to say I'm surprised cause I thought it was shit, especially that scream the guitarist did at the end.

Loved St Vincent. Regarding that head turn, she always seems to add querky stuff into her live show, I enjoyed it thought it added a bit of personality. Hope we get birth in reverse on Friday!

Lot of love for bumblebee here, have to say I'm surprised cause I thought it was shit, especially that scream the guitarist did at the end.

Loved St Vincent. Regarding that head turn, she always seems to add querky stuff into her live show, I enjoyed it thought it added a bit of personality. Hope we get birth in reverse on Friday!

yeah the screamy bits in Bumblebee seemed a bit silly - seemed like Sergio was shouting a lot purely so it looked like he was doing something other than dancing around like a tit

Listened to Digital Witness and Strange Mercy and watched a 45 min Utube video she did performing Strange Mercy. Great stuff. Good find on Jools again as I had not heard any of her stuff and to cap it all it fills a Sunday afternoon void( albeit with any changes when the times come out) , happy :)

Disregarding the quality of the music on the programme for one minute, Jools is still a crap presenter. How many years has he been in the TV game? His ability to fill and ad-lib is cringeworthy.

We saw it at the end of the last show with Eno and the the other week with Neil Finn.

His interview technique is rubbish too. I feel embarrassed for him and sometimes have to fast forward through it to stop the pain.

I love the programme and have discovered many bands as a result but the quality of the presenting is almost a joke.

I disagree, I find his bumbling style quite charming. It's a damned site better than some slick presenter going through the motions. I do agree the program gets some great acts though. I suspect that has rather a lot to do with Jools...