Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

Pretty gassed for the Daptone Soul Revue. Sharon Jones is one of the best performers in the industry, and with the added bonus of Charles Bradley and Antibalas, the call is too strong

I'm gutted I'm missing that (admittedly for Glasto though so not the end of the world). I'm guessing Charles Bradley/Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings might be making an appearance at Glastonbury seeing as they're over here at the same time?

I'm gutted I'm missing that (admittedly for Glasto though so not the end of the world). I'm guessing Charles Bradley/Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings might be making an appearance at Glastonbury seeing as they're over here at the same time?

They're confirmed are they not?

http://daptonerecords.com/the-daptone-super-soul-revue-european-summer-tour/

Edited by coma girl

isn't that usually what the bigger bands do - one new'un and one of their older hits

I thought they usually just did new songs to promote them. The only bands I can remember playing their hits are older acts where no one's really bothered about their new songs, like Paul McCartney last year.

I guess BK playing gold in the ceiling was a combo of things.

Probably want to keep a lid on new stuff so will only play two new songs, fever and turn blue, and as tuesday night is live maybe they didn't feel ready to play turn blue live on TV.

May see turn blue on friday as you get a couple of goes at those songs if I remember rightly.

Have The Black Keys not been on before? Or Not for ages?

Bands making their first appearance for a while are often invited to play an old number, I recall Pearl Jam doing Alive, Green Day doing Basket Case, and Pixies doing Wave of Mutilation in recent years.