Latitude 2013

Gingerbond

Does anybody remember how much they paid per ticket last year? I remember £165, this year I've paid nearly £190 each for 4 tickets, and that's presale! I think it's a sign Latitude is moving up in the world and gaining ground, although the newspapers will have you believe the festival bubble has burst, nobody goes to them anymore, just sit at home on their ipatches.

Does anybody remember how much they paid per ticket last year? I remember £165, this year I've paid nearly £190 each for 4 tickets, and that's presale! I think it's a sign Latitude is moving up in the world and gaining ground, although the newspapers will have you believe the festival bubble has burst, nobody goes to them anymore, just sit at home on their ipatches.

I've always perceived it to be a 'higher class' festival and thus they can charge more (I've always thought they charge more than the line up is worth tbh) although that's probably just me massively generalising because of the people I know who go :P

Longitude is Phoenix - Vampire Weekend - Kraftwerk, so yeah Kraftwerk have to be either Friday or Saturday. YYYs are playing the Sunday too

The site is of a fantastic quality, maybe there aren't big names, but the diversity of the acts and how much there is to see and do across the weekend much more than justifies the price.

Yeah, there's always that, but then at Reading last I didn't do anything except watch bands, drink & sleep (that may have been because it was my first fest :P) so I don't know how much stuff like that would interest me.

You don't know until you go, I guess.

The site is of a fantastic quality, maybe there aren't big names, but the diversity of the acts and how much there is to see and do across the weekend much more than justifies the price.

Totally agree, think it is amazing festival, it's one of the reasons we swapped from Reading to Latitude. Very happy to buy tickets in per-sale not knowing who will be there but knowing will have a great time. Remember it's not just about the headliners, though if Neil is right (100% certain!) will be very happy as really want to see Kraftwerk, Foals have become a fave since saw them in the tent at Latitude two years ago and whenever have seen Bloc Party or Kele have been excellent.

Happy days

Edited by jamesrfisher

Modets Mouse's uk tour ends 18th July, so they could well be playing...

Concorde 2, Brighton, Mon 8th Jul 2013
Bristol Trinity, Tue 9th Jul 2013
Koko London, Thur 11th Jul 2013
The Cockpit, Leeds, Fri 12th Jul 2013
The Sage 2, Gateshead, Sun 14th Jul 2013
Academy 2, Manchester, Tue 16th Jul 2013
Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, Wed 17th Jul 2013
The Library at The Institute, Birmingham, Thu 18th Jul 2013

Too many people confuse Latitude with other 'music festivals' however only 60% of Latitude is about the music so people should base their wishes on 60% too!

Latitude doesnt have the 90 odd thousand punters that allow so called top acts to be booked for the music stages to headline, however, I am normally pretty plastered by 10 pm so I actually dont really care who headline, its all about the stuff beforehand for me and after nearly 30 years of going to festivals, still the best for me in respects to people, feel and space.

Modest Mouse are one of my favourite ever bands, but they are never bigger than Bloc Party, certainly not in the UK any road.

Getting tix to see Modest Mouse in Manchester, but I still want to see them at Latitude, and Glastonbury for that matter, I'll be annoyed if they play sodding T in the Park and none of the festivals actually worth going to.