Latitude 2013

Gingerbond

Everything Everything, Fixers, Peace, Toy, Savages, Lucy Rose, The Cast Of Cheers, Django Django, Of Monsters And Men, Caribou, Band Of Horses (sub?), Animal Collective, Explosions In The Sky, Foals, Tame Impala, Tribes, Temper Trap, Dry The River, Atoms For Peace

I think all could be there.

Edited by Chrisw16

Everything Everything, Fixers, Peace, Toy, Savages, Lucy Rose, The Cast Of Cheers, Django Django, Of Monsters And Men, Caribou, Band Of Horses (sub?), Animal Collective, Explosions In The Sky, Foals, Tame Impala, Tribes, Temper Trap, Dry The River, Atoms For Peace

I think all could be there.

Lots of great choices there. I agree Editors could well be headlining and also maybe Bloc Party?

I was going to suggest Bloc Party, the only thing that stopped me was the fact that they didn't play any UK festivals last year, so I can see the big ones: Glasto, R&L, T in the Park etc going for them.

If however they'd prefer to headline a festival, then I'd say Latitude or Bestival are the most likely.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Well the XX only did Bestival 2012 as an exclusive, so I should imagine all the big players will be after them for next year as they're not over exposed.Essentially I guess it's up to festival republic as to where they want them to play though, they could headline Latitude & then headline the nme stage at R&L I guess, as well as an appearance somewhere at Glastonbury.

I can see there being 2 newish headliners & then a more classic act along the lines of David Byrne, Flaming Lips or Morrissey as well, following the bookings of Suede & Paul Weller to close the previous two years.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Meh about the Pet Shop Boys, I don't have too much interest in them, hopefully Foals can headline the Word Arena against them. Foals are possibly the best live act in Britain at the moment and I fully expect them to be somewhere on the bill.

I'd love to see Morrissey headline, that'd be perfect for me, I also want to join in with saying the Specials would be a fantastic booking. The Flaming Lips were mentioned a few posts back, not really the kind of festival I'd associate them with, but thinking about it now I think they'd do a wonderful job.

BBC Sound of 2013 nominations are up (Iink), Latitude seems to pluck more than a few acts from these award nominations, Mercury Prizers too. I like the sound of that Haim outfit, myself.