Working

Guest DL50

How many shifts do you have to do for litter picking ? I guess most of the shifts are over the weekend itself rather than during the run up. Can you let us know what it was like for you last year ?

Edited by dondo

Thanks for the post Dondo, very informative. I'm not bothered about the bands really, although I might be bothered about one in particular next year if the rumors come true. I guess I would be classed as an old timer these days too !

A few final questions, if you're working the weekend when do you get access to the site ? Do you get fed if you work a shift and do you get crew facilities like showers and separate campsite, also can you take a campervan ?

Thanks for the post Dondo, very informative. I'm not bothered about the bands really, although I might be bothered about one in particular next year if the rumors come true. I guess I would be classed as an old timer these days too !

A few final questions, if you're working the weekend when do you get access to the site ? Do you get fed if you work a shift and do you get crew facilities like showers and separate campsite, also can you take a campervan ?

Unfortunately I don't think it works that way- the post festival work you don't apply for beforehand- you just turn up on the Monday and stay on. The litter pickers who do get a ticket are the ones who work during the festival- there is a pre-festival team but that's allocated to people that have worked a fair few times before

I didn't get a ticket for 2011 and had resigned myself to missing it until I saw that Shelter were looking for bar staff, ended up getting a workers spot in March of that year and we had until May to pull out and get a percentage of our deposit back, think they would have kept £10 admin charge.

We went down on the Tuesday, had a lovely campsite with showers, nice toilets and free breakfast and got some pretty good shifts working in the Park Bar which meant I got to see Pulp and Radiohead whilst working! If you can't get a ticket I would recommend working 100% just keep your eyes peeled on the various Glastonbury sites and forums and you can pick it up relatively easily I found

Hi very informative stuff in your posts, so thanks for that. Do you know how easy it is for a first timer to get on the team (assuming they contact the nice Fiona, who got back to my email even though she was on holiday, when she advises). Are most the jobs taken by people who have done it before, or, if there are new jobs, are they first come first served, or a lottery? Am currently trying to convince my mate that this is a good idea, and especially now I know its as late as 6 am (I thought it would be something mad like 4) I am very keen. It would help greatly to know its a realistic option. All positive news welcome - I am determined to remain in denial after failing to get a ticket for a while yet.

Cheers

Hey sorry haven't looked at this for a while

Thanks Dondo for the information, i emailed Fiona pretty much as soon as tickets sold out, she said contact her early January so i'm literally gonna email her on the 1st and try and get it sorted ASAP

I didn't get a ticket for 2011 and had resigned myself to missing it until I saw that Shelter were looking for bar staff, ended up getting a workers spot in March of that year and we had until May to pull out and get a percentage of our deposit back, think they would have kept £10 admin charge.

We went down on the Tuesday, had a lovely campsite with showers, nice toilets and free breakfast and got some pretty good shifts working in the Park Bar which meant I got to see Pulp and Radiohead whilst working! If you can't get a ticket I would recommend working 100% just keep your eyes peeled on the various Glastonbury sites and forums and you can pick it up relatively easily I found