Backdoor Entry? Direct to booking form?

Guest newagehippie

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much Neil.. your the man :)

Edited by jamiejc

should I have put a # sign before the added text?

Edited by jamiejc

To those asking if this will work in future re-sales etc: the answer is no, the only reason it worked this time is because See cocked up the DNS entry so that one server was being completely unused, which is the one we managed to access by altering our host files.

Unless they do this again in the future, the trick will not work again.

Thanks Neil! We changed the host file and we got through straight away - top marks for you sir! Also - and I hope others have noticed - eFestivals stood strong throughout the whole ordeal!

Sent you a donation, not much but should buy you a pint at the Ciderbus!

Edited by verrymerry

yeah a few moments where it was a bit slow but nothing major.... Hey Neil what were the stats like? anywhere close to highest amount of site traffic ever?

highest ever is 6,200-ish. I'm not sure what it peaked at today, but i saw 5,570 on here at one point, and I'm fairly confident it got more busy shortly after that ... so I guess it must have got pretty close to that.

But the very big difference today is that the server load was hugely less than it's been on previous occasions (due to recent upgrades) - no one will have seen the 'busy' message, and while things slowed down a little at one point it never got too bad at all. :)

highest ever is 6,200-ish. I'm not sure what it peaked at today, but i saw 5,570 on here at one point, and I'm fairly confident it got more busy shortly after that ... so I guess it must have got pretty close to that.

But the very big difference today is that the server load was hugely less than it's been on previous occasions (due to recent upgrades) - no one will have seen the 'busy' message, and while things slowed down a little at one point it never got too bad at all. smile.png

But the very big difference today is that the server load was hugely less than it's been on previous occasions (due to recent upgrades) - no one will have seen the 'busy' message, and while things slowed down a little at one point it never got too bad at all. smile.png

Don't understand why See felt the need to set the confirmation emails to appear to be delivered from an email address belonging to glastonbury.co.uk , especially when that site isn't even connected to the festival! Reading the various threads on here it seems I wasn't the only person spooked by that one! Especially when many email programs will detect that the sender isn't actually authorised to send mail from that domain and may flag the message up as suspiscous!

Neil - Next time you speak with your contact from See I would say a suggestion might be for them to set the confirmation email to come through from a standard seetickets.com address.

Edited by Jie Bie

Unfortunately by the time I worked out how to use this backdoor it was all over twitter (even though I spotted Neil's message as soon as it was posted - my crap IT skills lol) and never managed to get on :(. Worse still was that my brother got on and put registration numbers in and one of them was invalid as when it had been texted through to us a 9 had been put in as an 8 - gutted!!

Unfortunately by the time I worked out how to use this backdoor it was all over twitter (even though I spotted Neil's message as soon as it was posted - my crap IT skills lol) and never managed to get on sad.png. Worse still was that my brother got on and put registration numbers in and one of them was invalid as when it had been texted through to us a 9 had been put in as an 8 - gutted!!