Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

This post has haunted me over the last hour or so since I read it. People think we're all mad to build our thoughts, hopes and dreams around these mere 'pop stars'... But you're so right Cally. In the blink of an eye they will be gone.

I'm so proud to say I was there two weeks ago. An iconic gig. Only the 4th or 5th I've ever attended from hundreds of shows and dozens of festivals.

Another great post Wooderson.

I'm thinking of ignoring all the other shit on this forum and just sticking to this thread from now on! :)

Just did a quick seach on Google images for decent copy. I have my own canvas printing business, so had it printed, framed & up on the wall by the Tues after Glasto :D

How much for one bruv? I'd imagine you'd have a few takers on this thread alone.

How much for one bruv? I'd imagine you'd have a few takers on this thread alone.

Its one of the all time great stage shots of Keef.

MD. I think can do it for you. Well, my old man can I think/hope. Ill be round the folks tomorrow. Will let you know.

Edited by The Nal

Two weeks on I still can't actually believe I've seen the rolling stones, and just how good they were.

Certainly one of my all time favourite gigs. As it stands the only one I'll say was definitely better was Paul McCartney in the o2 academy in Liverpool.

I was at that gig a few years ago, managed to get a ticket via my nephew who was working there at the time. What a gig, felt honoured to be there seeing him in such a small venue. Heaven knows what those who saw him at the cavern in 99 felt like! Edited by Mud Dweller

btw I absolutly loved The Stones at Glasto.

We got near the front during Primal Scream & the atmosphere was electric.

Been watching live music for about 35 years now & this is definitely in my top 3 gigs ever.

Just downloaded the DVD thats linked on this thread-great to watch back & relive what was an epic day for me.

My mum saw them last night, said they even better than at Glastonbury, which she thought was excellent (although was in an area with the sound issues for part of it).

Mick said it was the last show of the tour, so presume there will be no new dates for a while. Seems a shame considering the form they are in, and they seem to be absolutely loving it at the moment too

Not sure if the Mods allow this but my website address is www.rockartwork.co.uk

I can do a 40" X 24" for £45 which includes free varnishing & postage-Bargain!

I'll definitely be interested, but currently waiting on payday funds.

I like the other ones on your site aswell, so will be investing in them also.

Didn't I read somewhere that George Harrison asked to play the festival a couple of years before he died? It was very late in the day and Michael couldn't find a suitable place for him.

That would have been a 'must see' performance as well.

When I read this post I automatically said "WTF!, how could such a legend not be able to get on the bill, even if so last minute.............and then I thought of a certain Pink Floyd and continued reading the thread until.................

I think the amazing thing with Glasto is how many seemingly obvious bookings never got made. George Harrison should have been all over the site and on the Pyramid with Hare Krishna backing dancers and vocalists; without wanting to provoke Wooderson too much, the fact that The Dead never played is ridiculous; that Floyd never made it is incredulous, particularly given this http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/oct/07/pink.floyd.keyboardist.denied.last.wish .

I wouldn't have relegated Kings of Leon for them, either. I'd have cancelled them. It does show that they have genuinely not been able to fit huge acts in at times, though.

Damn you Jimmy! :wild: I have tried so hard to block this from my mind.............this will always scream utter tragedy in my mind when I think of it............I always (and probably unfairly) pose the question in my mind as to why did they not approach KOL and/or the Verve (as lets face it Jay-Z was always going to play :() and say "hey a living legend who has cancer would like to play Glasto before he goes and would you do him a solid and let him and his little band take your slot? We will of course guarantee you a headline slot in 2009............I know this would have ruined the mega headline line-up for 2009 but man it would have been so worth it!....................Oh and it also pains me that Jay-Z played the year that Pink Floyd wanted to...........So thanks a bunch Jimmy for bringing it all back to the surface! :(;)

Damn it - two of the songs I most wanted to hear! Ah well, you can't always get what you want...

Nice little post! :lol:

Another great gig on Saturday. If I had to rate i'd say the first Hyde Park show and (obviously) Glastonbury were better. Ruby Tuesday and Street Fighting Man were nice surprises.

Fixed my gaze avidly on them as they left the stage thinking it might be their last time (there were tears in Keith's eyes by all accounts) but then again I did exactly the same in 2006 and 2007. The Stones being my 2nd favourite band (after The Smiths) I never thought I'd get the opportunity to see them once (I'm 23) let alone 6 times - and 3 times in as many weeks - including a set at my favourite place on the planet. It's been some Summer!