Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

But it's the same half-dozen names on here again and again. Clear consensus on the top-ranking shows over the last decade.

Yeah....although it's mostly the same people discussing it!

But then, a huge part of a great Glasto gig is the crowd and the atmosphere they make so it's not surprising that people end up remembering the same gigs.

Not much love for Bruce's show still, mind, despite some huge love for the man himself on these here boards! And can there be anyone who's going to argue for Ash or Skunk Anansie or Basement Jaxx?!!

Yeah....although it's mostly the same people discussing it!

But then, a huge part of a great Glasto gig is the crowd and the atmosphere they make so it's not surprising that people end up remembering the same gigs.

Not much love for Bruce's show still, mind, despite some huge love for the man himself on these here boards! And can there be anyone who's going to argue for Ash or Skunk Anansie or Basement Jaxx?!!

Bruce was a missed opportunity. He either misjudged the first hour or was in bad form on the night.

Bruce was a missed opportunity. He either misjudged the first hour or was in bad form on the night.

I probably should go and see him again to get rid of the bitter after-taste his Glasto set left me with. You and a couple of others on here have almost persuaded me it might be worth it - although I'm a casual enough fan to want the whole of Born in the USA over any of his other albums!

Having seen The Stones for the last two Saturdays, I have to say that their Glasto gig was one of the best I've seen. I thought Macca wouldn't be beat but that was something really special. The boys nailed it! I was having too much of a good time to video it, but it i got the start, and the crowd singing "I was born, in a Crossfire hurricane" will stay with me a long long time.

Hyde Park was also awesome (despite Keef's bum riff at the start) but how many bands would turn a set upside down a week later cos they can. Fair play to them!!

Now trying to justify NOT going again this Saturday to see them again.

It's only rock 'n' roll, but it's the fecking Stones!!!!

Bootleg DVD right?

Edit: http://theultimatebootlegexperience7.blogspot.de/

Claims it's the full pro-shot version of the gig, but there wasn't one!?

Stones DVD in the pipeline I reckon - has to be.

Did the BBC even film the stuff that was broadcast? Or were they just 'allowed to show' stuff that was filmed by the Stones own film crew?

The feed is from the BBC it has the logo on it. Apparently whoever has got hold of this is either a ) Working for the BBC and has managed to record it from a production truck or b )When it was getting transmitted back to BBC HQ has decoded the signal.

I think the BBC have filmed the whole thing but only allowed to show certain bits on TV

Edited by Mud Dweller

Having finally seen the Stones stuff on the beeb, you can see why people who weren't there have slagged it off, well at least the first half of what was shown, they do come across as ropey. I thought they were brilliant, but Macca was better in my eyes.

Having said that, the last half of the coverage shows just how great they were! I even filled up at the end of Satidfaction, because they look like they absolutely loved it

Edited by Trebor