Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Glastonbury girl shown on end of BBC 2 tea time show yday apparently

The clip of Glastonbury Girl was on YouTube last night, can't find it now. But - here are the lyrics (to tune of Factory Girl):

Waiting for a girl she was wearing cut-off jeans

Waiting for a girl and her wellies were bright green

I met her pee-ing in the stream

Waiting for my Glastonbury Girl

Gave her all my wet wipes washed off all her dirt

Lit her up a cigarette I gave her my clean shirt

Offered her my luxury yurt

Waiting for a Glastonbury Girl

Waiting on a hill sucking a balloon

Waiting for a girl gonna sing a high-pitched tune

I aint slept since Wednesday afternoon

Waiting for my Glastonbury Girl

Waiting for a girl helped her put up her tee-pee

Waiting for a girl she took all my ecstasy

Now she's off with Primal Scream

Waiting for a Glastonbury Girl

Still waiting for my Glastonbury Girl

Must've been a great moment :)

For me, The Stones nailed it! They couldn't have been better. It was so good to be seeing them live. Very happy with their show. Very happy indeed :)

Sorry not buying it...

The "coverage" was crap ?? How so ? And how was it crap for them but just fine for everyone else ? How could the BBC make them look bad ? lol! Jagger sounded like an hoover :P and the set was dull. Nothing to do with the coverage. OK not all of it was shown but what was shown was rubbish lol.

I think it just comes down to opinion / perspective... I was sat at home watching nothing more than the performance and you was probably half smashed in a field full of people buzzing with exceitment looking forward to watching them...

Maybe its your perception of reality which was wrong and the coverage was just fine :P

Yep - I wish I'd stayed at home because you really do get a much better idea of what things are like by watching them on TV :D

Ranks up with Paul McCartney's Glastonbury appearance as my favourite concert anywhere, ever.

Great, loud sound (to the right of the stage, just behind the set of hanging speakers) beautiful weather, room for a good boogie and some of the best songs ever played at an awesome venue.

Perfect

as a casual Stones fan ie the "hits" and having never seen them before, I thought they were fantastic, they totally nailed it and brought their game to Glasto. My only regret is that the crowd was just too big to get amongst it, so we were on the edge of the field standing on railway sleeper type things but still had an immense time. The crowd was ENORMOUS!

I was in the front pit, just to the left slightly, no fucking flags blocking the stage, I thought they were fantastic. If the crowd hadn't have been full of self-centered posh bastards then it would probably have been the best gig of my life. The moment everything kicked off and the crowd went berserk shouting "I WAS BORN IN A CROSSFIRE HURRICANE!" was the most euphoric moment of the festival. I loved hearing, Factory/Glastonbury Girl, Brown Sugar, Midnight Rambler, Honky Tonk Women, Wild Horses, Gimme Shelter, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Happy, Tumbling Dice, Satisfaction, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Doom and Gloom, You Got The Silver, Sympathy For The Devil, even shitters like Miss You, Start Me Up and 2000 Light Years From Home were brilliant. There was a bit of a lull during Paint It Black and It's Only Rock And Roll when I got really worried they were going to crash, but I think Keef must have come up when Mick Taylor came on stage which really gave the show it's legs. Best show of the weekend, felt like a really important moment in Glastonbury history as well.

Absolutely fantastic, how folks can moan and say they were shit i'll never know. These blokes are touching 70 FFS, give them a break.

Thanks for making my 5 Glasto the best yet.

To top it off I had the privilege of meeting and having my photo with Mr Eavis, cracking fella.

Fucking loved it, one of the best gigs I've seen. We were to the side of the sound stage, crowd were excellent, and it looked as if the band were really enjoying it too.

Find it funny that people who saw it on TV are somehow trying to convince people who were actually there in the crowd that it was shit, as if there might even be a debate over who has the most informed opinion!

They were insane.

Also can't believe how I got such a good spot. Went in about half 6 to see Primal Scream, we were then going to go back for the rolling stones to soak up the atmosphere/sit down/get some beers for the waiting time, however the crowd would not budge at all and not a single person left from primal scream so we decided to stay in the end.. so glad I did too 5th row!

Thought it was brilliant but they should never book a band as big as them again. Getting in and out was a fucking nightmare, I actually thought young kids were gonna pass out along the track at the back. I had to walk out to a police officer at one point and tell him to get officers in there before someone gets badly injured.

I walked in 20 mins before they came on stage and got a spot right in the middle of the crowd with a perfect view for 2 and a half hours.

Don't ask how, I don't even know how. But they were brilliant. I don't see how someone who wasn't there can say how good they were.

Sorry not buying it...

The "coverage" was crap ?? How so ? And how was it crap for them but just fine for everyone else ? How could the BBC make them look bad ? lol! Jagger sounded like an hoover :P and the set was dull. Nothing to do with the coverage. OK not all of it was shown but what was shown was rubbish lol.

I think it just comes down to opinion / perspective... I was sat at home watching nothing more than the performance and you was probably half smashed in a field full of people buzzing with exceitment looking forward to watching them...

Maybe its your perception of reality which was wrong and the coverage was just fine :P

Yeah mate, that's how it works.All the people who were there were wrong and you,the armchair pundit who can't understand a really basic concept like TV coverage being misrepresentative,were right. Hats off to you.

I was disappointed in Primal Scream massively. Bobby was the worst I've seen him and it took them so long to get the crowd going.

I love Primal Scream but Bobby was a bit of an ar&e as per 2007 and had moved on from his sometime political rantings to ranting at the crowd for not being sufficiently enthused by new material. Maybe that's why the songs which should have gotten people going (personally, I had no trouble getting going!) didn't take off.

As for the Stones, I thought they were awesome and I was somebody who, as a casual fan, considered binning them off due to crowds and hype but in the end, we didn't move after Primal Scream and had enough space to dance and move just up from the speakers on the left. Shame the experiences seems so mixed depending where you were (including sofas).