Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

yeah those few songs between Gimme Shelter and Emotional Rescue (or Honky Tonk Women, depending on how you look at it) need to be chosen wisely or they could lose a lot of the crowd. best sticking with the likes of Wild Horses and other better known songs rather than album tracks / covers i'd have thought. though i guess it depends on who they've got as guests etc. from the first song after Gimme Shelter up until Honkey Tonk will be a lot of people's beer and bathroom breaks (if others have analysed the setlists as much as we have... which they probably haven't)

Unlikely! Amazing to think there will be people there without a clue what they're going to play :sarcastic:

And Bitch. And Angie.

Angie is surely a must for Glastonbury/ Hyde Park - hope so anyway. Let it Bleed would be a dream there too...

Unlikely! Amazing to think there will be people there without a clue what they're going to play :sarcastic:

ha, i know. i'll be standing there knowing exactly what's coming on next and expecting everybody else to be in the same boat. how i envy those who still have the element of surprise for this set

ha, i know. i'll be standing there knowing exactly what's coming on next and expecting everybody else to be in the same boat. how i envy those who still have the element of surprise for this set

Me too! Especially now it's shaping up to be decent.

Still, they might pull a surprise - Change 'Miss You' to 'Fix You' in homage to Glastonbury's house band, for instance.

I'm half hoping they do "Rescue" at Glasters. I want the panto to hid Widow-Tw*nky levels.

If they alter the setlist they could keep it panto free. Proper gig.

And if Mick is reading this - just fucking get over yourself and do Sweet Virginia, Loving Cup and get Ry Cooder out for Sister Morphine.

Please.

Edited by The Nal

Though, from a certain POV, Sweet Virginia is also a funny ha ha, camp-as-Christmas pastiche of a music that the Stones have little hope of rendering in an authentic manner.

Though obviously that's cobblers - it's a bobby dazzler of a tune.

Their entire career could be summed up like that. Little Red Rooster, Carol and Not Fade Away as a few of their first singles?

Their entire career could be summed up like that. Little Red Rooster, Carol and Not Fade Away as a few of their first singles?

Indeed - Miss You and Emotional Rescue are arguably just an extension of the same modus operandi.

I made that point to tonyblair several dozen pages back and I don't think he was buying it either.

Dunno if they've *ever* played either of them live, fella. Certainly not Winter, at any rate.

We Love You, Jigsaw Puzzle, Let It Loose, Soul Survivor, Memo from Turner, Dirty Work.

Theres a craptonne of ace tracks theyve never given an airing.