Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

http://www.nerve.com/entertainment/music/ranked-rolling-stones-albums-from-best-to-worst

Chap seems to know his stuff. Placement of Bigger Bang and Exile rattles his credibility somewhat tho.

Placement of most of it seem to rattle his cred! Exile at 10?! Weepin Jesus on the cross. Interesting though. Liking his love for a Bigger Bang!

Anyway, setlists. I'd love to see one or two curveballs. "The Storm" would be great. As would "The Singer, Not The Song"

Others they should play instead of their usual parody "numbahs" like Only Rock and Roll, Start Me Up etc

Under My Thumb

I'm a King Bee

No Expectations

Parachute Woman

I'm Free

Little Red Rooster

Let It Bleed

Monkey Man

Bitch (with Mick Taylor)

Sweet Virginia

Lovin Cup

Shine a Light

The Storm though. What a filthy sounding tune. And they reused it for "Back of My Hand" off A Bigger Bang. The cheeky fooks.

Edited by The Nal

6.45pm to 8.30pm was the closing party for 'Bill Wyman---Reworked' at Rook And Raven Gallery,7 Rathbone Place,London W1.

As expected the closing night did not have the buzz of that amazing opening night i went to on 26 Feb which was attended by Bill Wyman and family,Mick Hucknall,Chris Rea,Mitch Winehouse,legendary photographer Terry O'Neill,Mark Knopfler,Twiggy,Pattie Boyd and random sightings of two football managers with Roy Hodgson(England) and Alan Pardew(Newcastle United).

Complimentary beers here for all.

Bill Wyman and his wife are here.Last time he was busy with celeb friends and photographers but tonight is much more relaxed as he signs stuff and poses for photos.

We have a nice few words with him too.

Us--'Will you be joining The Stones at Glastonbury?'

Bill--'I will 100% per cent be playing Glastonbury'

Us--'That will be great'

Bill---'Not with The Stones but I will be playing with The Rhythm Kings'

Us---'You still a bit peeved The Stones only asked you to join them for two songs at The 02 Arena gigs?'

Bill---Yep i should been involved a bit more'.

Us---'Would you play with them at Glastonbury if they asked?'.

Bill---'Not bothered,they can fuck off'.

Exhibition continues to 30 March 2013.

http://www.raysgigs.com/index.php?p=188

Anyway, setlists. I'd love to see one or two curveballs. "The Storm" would be great. As would "The Singer, Not The Song"

Others they should play instead of their usual parody "numbahs" like Only Rock and Roll, Start Me Up etc

Under My Thumb

I'm a King Bee

No Expectations

Parachute Woman

I'm Free

Little Red Rooster

Let It Bleed

Monkey Man

Bitch (with Mick Taylor)

Sweet Virginia

Lovin Cup

Shine a Light

The Storm though. What a filthy sounding tune. And they reused it for "Back of My Hand" off A Bigger Bang. The cheeky fooks.

Great post. Whilst I do like the idea of a parody-free Stones show, this ain't gonna happen. There'll be the same "nambahs" as usual - yes all the ones you hate chief.

Few obvious ones in your list - few less than obvious too. To these and to the suggestions I made further up thread I'd add "Tell Me", "Let it Loose" and the brilliant "Jigsaw Puzzle".

Great post. Whilst I do like the idea of a parody-free Stones show, this ain't gonna happen. There'll be the same "nambahs" as usual - yes all the ones you hate chief.

Few obvious ones in your list - few less than obvious too. To these and to the suggestions I made further up thread I'd add "Tell Me", "Let it Loose" and the brilliant "Jigsaw Puzzle".

Obvious ones they don't play! Yeah add your three in there. 100%. Thats a setlist.

Ain't gonna happen though as you said.

When the chips are down I still think Wyman might show.

And Let It Loose is my favourite Stones song by a country mile but I could probably live without hearing them try to do it live. Bit of a tricksy one to pull off.

Though let it be said that their setlists in the last 15 years have been *way* more varied than they ever were back in the day. I never thought I'd see them doing thinhs like Sway and She Was Hot.

Really? Jesus thats poor. I wonder how many other cracking tunes they've never played. No wonder Mick says he gets bored after 20 gigs on a tour if they're not playing curveballs.

I doubt he/they can remember that many songs. They are pretty old. Reminds me of that scene in Stella Street where Mick and Keith are preparing to go on tour and Mick can't remmeber the words to Jumping Jack Flash.

"I was born...er...across the road from me Nan! Well alright!"

Anyone had seen a leak of the tour dates? Interested to see how they pan out around Glasatonbury

Yup.

Stonesnews.com predicts this.

May 2 KeyArena, Seattle, WA

May 4 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA

May 6 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA

May 9 United Center, Chicago, IL

May 11 United Center, Chicago, IL (maybe)

May 14 (or 19) Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON

(or Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA) and/or (maybe)

May 16 Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA

(or May 15 TD Garden, Boston, MA)

May 18 XL Center, Hartford, CT (or

May 17 TD Garden, Boston, MA)

May 21 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

May 24 Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA

May 27 Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA

May 30 (or 19) Verizon Center, Washington, DC

June 1 American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL (maybe)

June 4 (or May 30) Time Warner Cable Center, Charlotte, NC or

June 5 (or May 30) Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA

and/or (maybe)

June 6 AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX or AA Center, Dallas, TX

June 8 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV

June (10 or) 11 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

June (12 or) 13 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

June 15 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV

(or June 14 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA)

June 29 Glastonbury Festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, UK

July 6 Hyde Park, London, UK

July 13 Hyde Park, London, UK

(maybe) July 20 or 27 Plains of Abraham, Quebec City, QC

Mhmm. Agree with the thoughts on their ability to keep the setlists fresh.

On the 7 dates from December they played 40 different tracks and only 8 songs were repeated each night. On the Bigger Bang tour they played 80 different tracks. There were less than a dozen "ever presents" as far as I can tell.

Granted the tracks I would be chuffed to hear then do regularly were rare as hens teeth.

19th Nervous/No Ex - played once in 140 odd shows

Loving Cup/Shine A Light - played three times

Sweet Virginia - six times

Monkey Man - ten times

Ha! Was only buzzing with The Nal about this earlier. One of the vintage summers for gigs for me too.

Public Enemy
Alt J
John Grant
Mastodon
Neil
Glasters
Bruce Limerick
Bruce Belfast
Bruce Kilkenny 1
Bruce Kilkenny 2
Blur
Roger Waters

Oy vey. My summer is currently looking like:

13/06 - Neil Young in Glasgow

15/06 - Stone Roses in Glasgow

18/06 - Springsteen in Glasgow

26/06 - 30/06 - Glastonbury

06/07 - Stones In The Park I

13/07 - Stones In The Park II

20/07 - The Boss in Belfast

Brutal :-/

Don't you do any indoor gigs?

Don't you do any indoor gigs?

Yup. Loads - including the Crazy Horse one above. Like most sane people, I prefer them - this summer just seems a bit OTT in terms of big outside shows by bands I really like. As most of those also require flights and hotels I'm going to be broken financially and physically by the end of it all.

Particularly as the Edinburgh Fringe starts early August..

Stones a much more spontaneous outfit live than people give credit I think. Me included.

There are 7 or 8 tracks that *always* feature - JJF, Satisfaction, HTW, Brown Sugar, Sympathy, etc.

After that, it really is all up for grabs, though I'd guess at Glasto they'll err on the side of caution and include more of the big guns like YCAGWYW, Paint It, Black and Gimme Shelter rather than yer Rip This Joints and Crazy Mamas and whathaveyous.