Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I was just gonna ask who do we think is gonna guest on Gimme Shelter but I've been beaten to it. Do we think it'll be someone already playing or someone external? (Thank heavens Florence isn't on the bill for this exact reason).

I think they'll have a load of special guests joining them for songs, they'll know this is more than just a normal gig and I reckon we'll get a show a big like the Shine a light documentary

Mr Eavis on the radio just said that the Stones weren't confirmed until 3pm Thursday.

ha jesus christ. the lineup announcement really was resting on the Stones confirmation wasn't it?

i wonder what they would've done if the Stones had said no? Mumfords obviously weren't the backup like Neil thought and surely they couldn't bump up Primal Scream. wonder if they had another band on the sidelines just waiting to step in

Think the interview 6music just played was recorded a day or two ago so he probably meant 3pm Monday or Tuesday.

I'm listening to 6music and I missed that. :wacko::lol:

But yeah, sounds like it must have been before yesterday - cos someone in the stones camp was telling all and sundry about them playing and Glasto announcing from a good while before 3pm yesterday.

This was the O2 setlist.

Get Off of My Cloud
I Wanna Be Your Man
The Last Time
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Lady Jane
Champagne & Reefer
Live with Me
Miss You
One More Shot
Doom and Gloom
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
(with Bill Wyman)
Honky Tonk Women
(with Bill Wyman) (followed by band introductions)
Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy for the Devil
Encore:
You Can't Always Get What You Want
(with the London Youth Choir)
Jumpin' Jack Flash
I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

not sure whether to believe that 'same rate' story... unless the Stones actually REALLY wanted to do Glastonbury

Regardless of the final paycheque, they clearly want to play it. If only to try to put one over on U2.

Joking aside - it might be as simple as that. At this stage they're the only of the mega-bands that haven't done it and it maybe feels like one last entry in the list of achievements when they throw in the towel.

As for that O2 setlist, I'd really like them to play Lady Jane.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo