Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

The stones have an announcement on Planet Rock tonight

"The Stones have a surprise in store for you....

For all fans of Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie we have a surprise announcement!

Want to know what it is?

Well you'll have to listen in to Nicky Horne tonight at 7pm to find out!

Safe to say, however, that the Stones have something very exciting planned for this summer...."

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/rolling-stones-announcement/

The stones have an announcement on Planet Rock tonight

"The Stones have a surprise in store for you....

For all fans of Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie we have a surprise announcement!

Want to know what it is?

Well you'll have to listen in to Nicky Horne tonight at 7pm to find out!

Safe to say, however, that the Stones have something very exciting planned for this summer...."

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/rolling-stones-announcement/

Is iths US or UK based?

The announcement for the November / December dates was done via the band's own social media channels - Twitter and Facebook accounts and principally via a specially recorded promo on YouTube.

I'd be surprised to see them not do something similar this time around. Handing an exclusive to a (presumably) digital oldies station with few listeners doesn't strike me as realistic.

I'd be surprised to see them not do something similar this time around. Handing an exclusive to a (presumably) digital oldies station with few listeners doesn't strike me as realistic.

what might be going on is them having picked up on something wider than them. I've just had something from someone which has suggested much the same.

Am trying to find out more.

Isn't it unlikely that they announce UK dates tonight and put them on sale this Friday, especially as it's Good Friday? More likely on sale next week, after more publicity and presales etc.

Doesn't stop them annoucing Glastonbury tonight though I suppose.

I would have thought that AEG would want the Hyde Park shows on sale first before anything gets announce for Glasto?

Isn't it unlikely that they announce UK dates tonight and put them on sale this Friday, especially as it's Good Friday? More likely on sale next week, after more publicity and presales etc.

Doesn't stop them annoucing Glastonbury tonight though I suppose.

Nope, Good Friday is a very good day. A lot more people than usual will be off of work etc so the scramble to find the (friend) that has the time off to grab the tickets for them isn't as needed.

I would have thought that AEG would want the Hyde Park shows on sale first before anything gets announce for Glasto?

I don't think if it's at the same time, it'll majorly matter. Neil might be able to confirm this, BUT, I'd hazard a guess that if The Stones are announced for Glasto tonight, the amount of people not paying their Glasto balance off, which being an already sold out event, will be minimal.

You might not totally be able to go by the figures of Glasto interest but if it's around the 7-800,000 people that had registered interest in a ticket for this year, selling 80k+ tickets won't be a problem.

Albeit, people would not have registered for Glasto just for The Stones, like I didn't. But for many, myself included, it is an added incentive.