Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I was quite looking forward to seeing the Stones until I read this thread. Now Im worried I might end up being stood near Arronbury.

Don't worry, He Didn't get a ticket.

The stones at glastonbury to me is like the footballer who plays his entire career at a massive club and then wants his little last hurrah at his local/childhood club that he's always wanted to play at. You know while he still can. His local club isn't exactly tiny but they could never pay the wages that he was used to, so at the back of his mind it would just be a nice little ending to do the things he always wanted (but you know never wanted that much).

In those situations I always think why indulge them?

I'd play the young guy just out the youth ranks whose scored a few and is just breaking into the international team.

Said it in another thread, If the stones shows do prove to be a 'success' and they earn the reported £16m from it, then 12 shows is £50m, 8 more in the summer and they are laughing. I think if that happens they'll reduce their price astronomically for Glastonbury. I'd expect the shows to be in July yime, so when they do play, it'll be right after the publicity of Glasto, and they're attention at Peak. So any tickets unsold will sell!

Put it this way, through the publicity, they'll earn more than £4m from the single show. Easy money.

I For One am not a huge fan of the stones, just not my cup of tea, but some of my friends are, and for that i'd really like to see them play, providing the price was right.

Jagger told the evening standard the live dates are "a fuck off moment". Presume hes not referring to the ticket price.

And here the last songs they rehearsed.

'She's So Cold'

'You Got Me Rocking'

'All Down The Line'

'Respectable'

'Tumbling Dice'

'Honky Tonk Woman'

'Beast Of Burden'

'Wild Horses'

'Can't Always Get'

'It's All Over Now'

'Lady Jane'

'Route 66'

'Little Red Rooster'

'Miss You'

'Not Fade Away'

'She's So Cold'

'Start Me'

'Sweet Virginia'

'Worried About You'

'Paint It Black'

'The Last Time'

'Ruby Tuesday'

'Midnight Rambler

Well I have never in my life wasted twelve hours having so much fun with such a bunch of self-opinianated and easily-drawn plonkers.

You are all allowed to have YOUR say and most of you worshipers at the eFestering shrine must surely either be related to Neil, in his employ, owing him money or joined to him at the hip.

Your debating style and tolerance of others' opinions and tastes is to be admired. Anyone who disagrees with your Vaccinemumford clique is either sworn at or called a knob-head.

Neil is God. Good old Neil. Love you Neil. It's now October 16th with no mention of Bodger and Badger and any chance of Prince and Stevie Nicks again this year please Neil?

The technique for rumours is simple. Neil slaps on anyone who might be releasing a new album, has been mentioned in the Sun (which I guess he sneaks a look at on the WH Smith stand while out on day release train spotting) or is maybe in Europe around the Glastonbury period. Then he takes them off his list either when another festival confirms them or Emily says they're a certain no-no. (SR = Stone Roses) The only thing that I have been hugely impressed by is that I have had a response from the son of the great Troy McClure. Love the show Troy, any chance of a signed photograph?

Well I have never in my life wasted twelve hours having so much fun with such a bunch of self-opinianated and easily-drawn plonkers.

You are all allowed to have YOUR say and most of you worshipers at the eFestering shrine must surely either be related to Neil, in his employ, owing him money or joined to him at the hip.

Your debating style and tolerance of others' opinions and tastes is to be admired. Anyone who disagrees with your Vaccinemumford clique is either sworn at or called a knob-head.

Neil is God. Good old Neil. Love you Neil. It's now October 16th with no mention of Bodger and Badger and any chance of Prince and Stevie Nicks again this year please Neil?

The technique for rumours is simple. Neil slaps on anyone who might be releasing a new album, has been mentioned in the Sun (which I guess he sneaks a look at on the WH Smith stand while out on day release train spotting) or is maybe in Europe around the Glastonbury period. Then he takes them off his list either when another festival confirms them or Emily says they're a certain no-no. (SR = Stone Roses) The only thing that I have been hugely impressed by is that I have had a response from the son of the great Troy McClure. Love the show Troy, any chance of a signed photograph?

Taking this way too seriously!

Edited by hawkzred

who really cares about rumours? Try not to worry about things so much

No, Troy is dead. I'm his son.

Edited by SonOfTroyMcClure

yeah, everyone just loves me here, Just ask them and they'll tell you. :lol:

How right you are. It's clearly the case that anyone whose tastes differ to yours is not deserving of their Glastonbury ticket. How dare they prefer to see the Vaccines if they want to than The Stones.

funnily enough, myself, I'll be seeing the stones and not either of the vaccines or mumfords, cos I think they're shit. And I'm expecting the stones to be pretty shit too - because that's even what loads of their fans say they are (or at least, the fans with ears), so I probably won't bother staying. i'll go and see something good instead.

didn't you know? Bodger's been culled, and Prince doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

if it's so easy I'll look forwards to seeing your method above beat my own very different method. Off you go. :)

No claims this time about how you're a music biz big shot? Awww, shame.

Jagger told the evening standard the live dates are "a fuck off moment". Presume hes not referring to the ticket price.

And here the last songs they rehearsed.

'You Got Me Rocking'

'Tumbling Dice'

'Honky Tonk Woman'

'Beast Of Burden'

'Wild Horses'

'Can't Always Get'

'It's All Over Now'

'Route 66'

'Little Red Rooster'

'Miss You'

'Not Fade Away'

'Start Me'

'Sweet Virginia'

'Paint It Black'

'The Last Time'

'Ruby Tuesday'

'Midnight Rambler

That'll do, Mick. That'll do.

Incidentally, I like the last three albums. Not as good as Keef's solo stuff but some great tunes in amongst them.

yeah, everyone just loves me here, Just ask them and they'll tell you. :lol:

How right you are. It's clearly the case that anyone whose tastes differ to yours is not deserving of their Glastonbury ticket. How dare they prefer to see the Vaccines if they want to than The Stones.

funnily enough, myself, I'll be seeing the stones and not either of the vaccines or mumfords, cos I think they're shit. And I'm expecting the stones to be pretty shit too - because that's even what loads of their fans say they are (or at least, the fans with ears), so I probably won't bother staying. i'll go and see something good instead.

didn't you know? Bodger's been culled, and Prince doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

if it's so easy I'll look forwards to seeing your method above beat my own very different method. Off you go. :)

No claims this time about how you're a music biz big shot? Awww, shame.

You are rubbish at this!

But you don't care about my opinion so carry on.