Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

the fact they may be playing in a festival setting makes it so so more exciting , 100 thousand + crazy people shouting the words and dancing in a field many after a hell of a lot of cider or whatever , I barely even looked at the stage when stevie wonder was playing bestival to busy dancing and the atmosphere was fantastic . Doesn't matter if you think the stones are a bit past it , if they play Glasto you won't be able to hear micks voice for the crowds singing

I hope they play. Can't see it but I hope so. No way I'm paying the prices they're charging at the O2 so I'd really like to cross paths with them at something like Glastonbury

OK, apparently I needed to quote Arronbury specifically. Sigh. It's like The Shining in here. I'll stick to normal threads.

Shame really. I like reading your posts. You're clearly very passionate about the music you do and don't like. I even understand your hatred of Frank Turner even if I don't agree with you.

I hope you get to enjoy the Stones, I'm sure if they play it will be epic.

Go on then!

Thank you very much. I enjoy your banter. Good when you find people grown up enough to have an argument but not fall out. I'm just weak and find I get sucked into replying to obviously stupid points. My fault.

I will enjoy the Stones. 25th nov. tickets already sorted and I can't wait! Worth every penny. Opening night!

Go on then!

Thank you very much. I enjoy your banter. Good when you find people grown up enough to have an argument but not fall out. I'm just weak and find I get sucked into replying to obviously stupid points. My fault.

I will enjoy the Stones. 25th nov. tickets already sorted and I can't wait! Worth every penny. Opening night!

Amex pre-sale?

eFestivals, like may festival sites, lists rumours. Unlike other festival sites it gives those rumours grades to say how likely they may be and how strongly the site is behind them, and will to a degree explain that when asked. Unfortunately a number of people can't get their head around that, be bothered to make themselves aware of the grading system or are keen take a post by one of the admin as the official word of the site (a common problem) and run with information that isn't and never has been solid. Don't worry, everyone gets burned once, if you think there's a more accurate site out there good luck finding it (hint - there isn't).

For the band in question, Michael Eavis said that he wanted them to play so it was reasonable for efestivals to suggest that there was a chance that they might play. They didn't say that they would definitely be playing or that they had any inside info about it. When other things came to light that suggested that they would not be playing they were removed from the list and an explanation was given for why they now thought that they weren't playing.

As for Neil (the admin in question) he is fiery at times but he doesn't regularly abuse people who disagree with him. However if someone starts calling other people ignorant because they don't agree with his/her opinion then Neil is more likely than not going to step in to point out that this isn't acceptable and isn't likely to hold back on the swearing.

Hope that helps, welcome to efestivals.

I think you need to read back and see how polite I have actually been here.

Asking a simple question as to whether Neil had seen them. From his previous statements (which most on here seem to take as the word of God) it was pretty obvious he hadn't and with such easily influenced followers like yourself I just wanted to check he was well researched before depriving you from an amazing experience you won't be able to take advantage of for much longer.

Actually read back and see how he reacted.

Turns out His research was a friend of a friend didn't care for them much but I'm told to f off etc.

But not to worry.

Kept me quite entertained and hopefully a few others.

I deserve a ticket more than you because i like the rolling stones. Oh do fuck off. Ignorance doesn't quite cover your posts on this thread

Ignorance is not understanding my basic point.

I'm not going to be painted as some wannabe fascist dictator.

Taste and preference in music is one thing. Lack in understanding of cultural significance to think Mumfords (or similar) are a more suitable headliner is... Ignorant!!

For one of the precious tickets to be used up by someone seeing a band who will play every festival, every year until no one cares anymore is a waste. Come on but it is. If genuine music and Glastonbury fans were not denied tickets by those who "just want to tick it off the list" or think Mumford and Frank Turner were the highlight then I would be happier. Whether I was going or not.

That's not me knocking people's taste (unless they like Frank Turner in which case they know themselves deep down inside that they have awful taste) but to not be aware of what an important event they will be witnessing and to not realise how lucky they are to have taken a place millions would pay thousands for is a shame.

It is. That doesn't make me Hitler!

I think you need to read back and see how polite I have actually been here.

Then you shouldn't have a ticket.

I or one of the hundreds on here who failed to get lucky last Sunday should have your place.

Ignorant fools like yourself make me angry.

What a waste.

Not to mention insinuating that anyone who happens to agree with the site admin must be an 'easily led follower'. Yes , you are a veritable bastion of politeness .

a lot of fuss about a band that used to be good..

Watched them for a bit at IOW a few years ago, It was like watching someone taking the piss out of the stones...stuck it out for 3 songs and gave up. Would hate to think too much budget was thrown thier way.

I tend to agree with this. If they headlined I'd go along out of curiosity. I am what you would call a fan of their music and missed their best years but would be intrigued with them headlining and go along with an "it is what it is" attitude. Having said that, for me if it is to be then it must only happen on Glastonburys terms and not at the expense of the festival. No act is bigger than Glastonbury and the Stones not being able to accept that is probably the reason why it won't happen.

a real journalist tells it to you straight, which I just did.

appalling person who said "Then you shouldn't have a ticket" to anyone who disagrees with your stones opinion.

Straight is not miss quoting me and failing to understand my point.

Not to mention insinuating that anyone who happens to agree with the site admin must be an 'easily led follower'. Yes , you are a veritable bastion of politeness .

I really am stopping now. I have to, beyond my control. I will ignore all other digs at me but you need to read the quote I was replying to.

It was all about Neil, wasn't me saying "I haven't said nofin neva". You can read the rest of the forum to answer your other concerns.

Don't put words in my mouth!

I didn't say "anyone" who agrees with site admin, I just find it comical how many have a different tone when the teacher walks back into the room.

Edited by Arronbury

Actually it kind of does a bit. In your world Frank Turner fans (who I'm not one of btw) should be put in a gas chamber and wiped off the face of the earth. You are spouting ridiculous propaganda about a rock band that were good once! Quite a long time ago!! To expect everyone to fall to their knees in the presence of what are, in your eyes at least, mega Gods is a little fascist and I'm glad that you've been attacked for your views.

If the Stones do play Glasto I will check them out, but it won't make one jot of difference to me if they don't. Having opinions on these things is fine, but forcing those opinions on others is wrong, and abusing people over something so unimportant in the grand scheme of things is frankly the beginnings of music Nazism and I applaud Neil for stamping on it hard!! goodjob.gif

Arronbury

Judging by your comments.......Glasto will be a better place without you there next year so it's just as well you didn't get a ticket. I didn't get one either for the first time. I'm gutted too but it doesn't mean you should decide who is and isn't worthy of a ticket.

And who made you king anyway?

I don't personally like the Stones all that much. They aren't pants don't get me wrong but I have always preferred The Who and of course, the Beatles, from that era. Does that make me ignorant too?

Actually it kind of does a bit. In your world Frank Turner fans (who I'm not one of btw) should be put in a gas chamber and wiped off the face of the earth. You are spouting ridiculous propaganda about a rock band that were good once! Quite a long time ago!! To expect everyone to fall to their knees in the presence of what are, in your eyes at least, mega Gods is a little fascist and I'm glad that you've been attacked for your views.

If the Stones do play Glasto I will check them out, but it won't make one jot of difference to me if they don't. Having opinions on these things is fine, but forcing those opinions on others is wrong, and abusing people over something so unimportant in the grand scheme of things is frankly the beginnings of music Nazism and I applaud Neil for stamping on it hard!! goodjob.gif

Again... Don't put words in my mouth and actually try and understand.

Neil's done little but swear.

P.S. I'm sure you are one of the minority who didn't get that the Frank Turner line was a joke as obviously sounded very contradictory.

I'm stopping. I have to. I'm such a sucker for this but I cannot type anymore.

Just PLEASE stop putting words in my mouth.

Edited by Arronbury

Ignorance is not understanding my basic point.

I'm not going to be painted as some wannabe fascist dictator.

Taste and preference in music is one thing. Lack in understanding of cultural significance to think Mumfords (or similar) are a more suitable headliner is... Ignorant!!

For one of the precious tickets to be used up by someone seeing a band who will play every festival, every year until no one cares anymore is a waste. Come on but it is. If genuine music and Glastonbury fans were not denied tickets by those who "just want to tick it off the list" or think Mumford and Frank Turner were the highlight then I would be happier. Whether I was going or not.

That's not me knocking people's taste (unless they like Frank Turner in which case they know themselves deep down inside that they have awful taste) but to not be aware of what an important event they will be witnessing and to not realise how lucky they are to have taken a place millions would pay thousands for is a shame.

You say you're not knocking other peoples taste and then continue to do so in the same breath. And i really don't know how else to say it but disagreeing with your opinion doesn't make someone ignorant, no matter how strongly you hold that opinion

Straight is not miss quoting me and failing to understand my point.

I really am stopping now. I have to, beyond my control. I will ignore all other digs at me but you need to read the quote I was replying to.

It was all about Neil, wasn't me saying "I haven't said nofin neva". You can read the rest of the forum to answer your other concerns.

Don't put words in my mouth!

I didn't say "anyone" who agrees with site admin, I just find it comical how many have a different tone when the teacher walks back into the room.

Yes i misread the bit about followers , apologies . The rest stands though, you claimed earlier in the thread you were being polite and intelligent or words to that effect

Music snobbery at it's finest. If you don't like a band or a musician.....it doesn't automatically mean that everyone who does is a moron or ignorant.

Not everyone likes the Rolling Stones for one.....I don't mind them but can take it or leave it. No biggie for me. Their legend status doesn't equate to them being everyone's cup of tea and must see. And considering they are all in their late 60's early 70's it makes it even more unappealing for me anyway.

Like most other people....I'd much rather see somebody I actually liked who are perhaps current and don't have the same world wide Appeal as the Rolling Stones......Arcade Fire being one of them. Not on the scale of the Stones by any stretch of the imagination but a band that I have far more affinity towards.

It would be a boring world if everybody liked the same music.

Mick, don't you have better things to do thank create an account on here and slag people off?

Trust me, it's not going to get you any satisfaction. You will get more paying punters with Brown Sugar. But at least if ticket sales are low, and you end up at Glasto, it's not all doom and gloom.

And also, pay your bloody taxes.

Iv'e just read that in my head as a Jagger voice, Iv'e now just had to go back and read all his posts in this thread and they have a different slant when it's mick reading them out

And really, I don't give a shit what sort of person you think I am. You're the appalling person who said "Then you shouldn't have a ticket" to anyone who disagrees with your stones opinion.

don't think this comment had anything to do with him disagreeing to the stones. Anybody who would name these two bands as Pyramid headliners is either on the wind up or knows f all about music and probably should be going to one of the commercial festivals where you have to go to bed before midnight.

Mumford's.... every song sounds the same.!...... and how many people would turn up for the vaccines.?

Nobody can deny the impressive back catalogue the Stones have. Or the influence they have had on countless bands since the 60's .

No they cant play as good as they used to. Mcartney cant play as good as he used to and probably most people who have been doing it that long can't either.....Zeppelin would'nt be as good as they used to be either. But credit where its due to these bands and artists who are still around today for a reason .........because they were f'kin good in their day and their tunes have stood the test of time and will still will played and listened to in another 50 years. If the stones are there?....great... will definitely go see them... if not?? its f'kin Glastonbury ...there's plenty of other shit to do. That's why we buy tickets before we know who's playing.!