Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

There's also the chance that with that uncertainty they may not want to be on live TV, which negates the 'increased exposure' selling point. Eavis said that the TV was the sticking point with U2 for a long time for example. I can see plenty of reasons why the Stones would say no.

I also suepct if they do it, the other two headliners will be acts who may do it for relatively little, e.g. (guessing here) Arctic Monkeys, Mumfords, Kasabian, even RHCP

I could cope with The Rolling Stones, Kasabian and The Arctic Monkeys. Won't happen though

I'm guessing the majority of people (like me) who dont want that paper quoted feel as strongly as they do based on their coverage of what happened at Hillsborough.

I'm not asking you to agree with it, I'm just telling you why I suspect the majority of people feel that way.

From Planet Rock's Facebook page - posted an hour ago (DR on air 2-6 Monday) probably the O2 gigs

Well blow me down ,,Darren Reddick just called me to say he's on the phone with Mick Jagger and Mick will call in on the DR show tomorrow afternoon for a big stones gig announcement ,,..Darren gets all the best times

From Planet Rock's Facebook page - posted an hour ago (DR on air 2-6 Monday) probably the O2 gigs

Well blow me down ,,Darren Reddick just called me to say he's on the phone with Mick Jagger and Mick will call in on the DR show tomorrow afternoon for a big stones gig announcement ,,..Darren gets all the best times

Are we to inference it's the big G?

Are we to inference it's the big G?

No...

As shineongas said, probably 02 gigs, if anything

If, and its a bif if, the stones play glasto i can't see it being announced till well into the new year, if not the spring, as its fairly obviously negotiations will not be anything like booking someone like coldplay which i'm sure is a 2 sentence negotiation process:

Michael: Wanna play glasto next year?

Chris: Ok

Mr V. Reliable is a v. well known character on these forums..... Everyone seems to know him and he seems to claim that there are 15 different headline acts! Only thing I know 100% is that for the last week, I have a confirmed ticket pogranichnik.gif

announcement tomorrow will be the 02 gigs as this image is now up on ticketmaster's seating plans under 'Stones'. Current rumours are cheapest ticket (probably standing) will be £105 - £400 for most expensive. Notice the stage looks remarkably like the famous tongue...

13989s.gif

Didn't watch/listen but Oxfam did something with Michael Eavis today I think. Oxfam retweeted this...

Oxfam (@oxfamgb) tweeted at 9:36 PM on Sun, Oct 14, 2012:

RT @SamGrace9: Did Michael Eavis just let slip... the Stones headling Glasto 2013?? #Glasto #oxfam8stories

(

RT @SamGrace9: Did Michael Eavis just let slip... the Stones headling Glasto 2013?? #Glasto #oxfam8stories

— Oxfam (@oxfamgb)

October 14, 2012
)

Does anyone know what was said?

No...

As shineongas said, probably 02 gigs, if anything

If, and its a bif if, the stones play glasto i can't see it being announced till well into the new year, if not the spring, as its fairly obviously negotiations will not be anything like booking someone like coldplay which i'm sure is a 2 sentence negotiation process:

Michael: Wanna play glasto next year?

Chris: Ok

Haha! The thought of it being exactly like that is just brilliant!

£105?! How will they sell that out? I mean, there's no doubt they will but even so, how ridiculous. Also, I've just noticed the real lack of standing, so there'll be an incredibly limited number of £105 tickets anyway.

I'm assuming this tour will be less extensive then? i.e 2 dates in London, a few in the US, some next year (+ possibly Glasto)

Edited by GlastoSimon