Does Download do 'Day only' tickets?

Guest SERRIDGER

I thought it was the case that they only release day tickets if weekend tickets don't sell out by a certain date, and that if they could sell out with weekend tickets then they would and wouldn't bother with day tickets? Or is that Soni?

Edited by mrtourette

They always end up selling Day tickets and will continue to, their licsence is that they can have more people in the arena than in camping by far, so its only weekend only tickets that affect day tickets going on sale not camping, so camping could sell out on day one but they would still be able to do day tickets easily, they just push for weekend only tickets which is stupid really as they make more from day tickets than they do weekend only.

Think they will go onsale earlier this year as theres no weak headliner, as in 2010 they went on sale early too. But they ARE pushing the deposit scheme and if you have a weekend ticket I guess you're going to spend more money on site than if you just come for a day, guess theres some business logic in there as well from their part.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I'm also thinking to buy a one day ticket to the second day 15/6

(Iron Maiden,AIC,Mastodon)

when do you think there will be one day ticket?

maybe it is possible to buy one full ticket for all 3 days and share it with other people 1 or 2 so everyone will go only to day he want

if someone want to do so or knows someone else who might want contact me

there should be a pinned FAQ in this forum, this question comes up every year (at least 2-3 times)

yes they usually do, and they are usually about £80+, they normally go on sale by about easter - but sometimes earlier if weekend ticket sales are slow, and later if weekend sales are good. and no - you arent allowed to camp onsite with a day ticket.

• 2 months later...

that was exactly my thinking. I was well up for R+ but when I saw the undercard I thought "fuck that", couple that with my desire to not take any time off of work, and the aforementioned bands all on the main stage in pretty much a straight run made my mind up for me. I'm also not even gonna make my decision until I know what the weather is gonna be like. I've got a few mates who are going, and they can pick me up a day ticket from the box office based upon the weather, or get one off of a tout. We have had the last 3 downloads fucked up by the weather, I cant be arsed with another one.

• 1 month later...