Pitch Fees For Food Traders

Guest Climate Camper

I have been researching mobile catering for some time now and I'm putting the finishing touches to my business plan just ahead of when I take early retirement next year. My two bibles have been Profitable Mobile Catering (NCASS) and Street Food Revolution (Richard Johnson). The one thing that has alluded me thus far however is the cost of pitches at festivals and events around the country. I have telephoned around but promoters are either very reticient to talk figures or they claim pitches are already taken for the next 2-3 years! Clearly pitch fees vary from size to size and event to event but if anyone has any knowledge or guidance in this area and are prepared to share it then please let me know. Thank you. Incidentally, I do not expect to get rich quick or work short hours but I would like to give up the day job and share my passion for quality food and maybe pass something on to my children.

I have been researching mobile catering for some time now and I'm putting the finishing touches to my business plan just ahead of when I take early retirement next year. My two bibles have been Profitable Mobile Catering (NCASS) and Street Food Revolution (Richard Johnson). The one thing that has alluded me thus far however is the cost of pitches at festivals and events around the country. I have telephoned around but promoters are either very reticient to talk figures or they claim pitches are already taken for the next 2-3 years! Clearly pitch fees vary from size to size and event to event but if anyone has any knowledge or guidance in this area and are prepared to share it then please let me know. Thank you. Incidentally, I do not expect to get rich quick or work short hours but I would like to give up the day job and share my passion for quality food and maybe pass something on to my children.

Thank you for the advice. I'm going to the UK Street Food Awards tomorrow in London and hope to pick up some more tips. My particular interest is in a mobile bakery supplying speciality breads to other traders thus cutting down their costs with regards to transport, storage, site traffic, environmental footprint, etc. There are some excellent vendors of top quality meat out there but often their choice of bread is very poor.

• 1 year later...