Word Association Game

BROOM

Walter Trout one of the great guitarists and all round good bloke with a CV to die for (Canned Heat and John Mayall's Bluerbreakers)  Sadly he nearly did from liver damage after a life of booze on the road.  Thankfully on the road to recovery.

BAD

Having done a morning's weeding of my veg patch I'm off for a game of boules this afternoon.  Our musical backgrounds and tastes are fascinatingly different and you're opening my eyes to music I've not encountered before.  Thanks.

MANNERS

Hope you enjoyed your game. Yes, different tastes but a lot of the older stuff you post it's been great to hear- some stuff like the Animals and Springsteen already know and love others been good to discover. 

RUDE

I grew up on a diet of folk and blues.  The Troubadour Folk Club in Bristol I went to regularly included Al Stewart as a resident.  Then I discovered US West Coast music, Pink Floyd and Prog Rock and I've been largely in those ruts ever since with blues still my favourite.

A good game of boules - won one game 13-9 and lost one 13-12.  Now back to weeding the veg patch for another hour.

BOYS

I have been through a number of musical phases. Liked the usual pop when I was really young (Adam and the Ant's especially) bit of a short rock/metal phase. Then an indie kid before getting into electronic/house/Techno and clubbing but still going to gigs too. But always had a wide a varied taste and seen old legends like Neil Diamond as well as more obscure stuff. That's what is great about Glastonbury the variety it offers

CRY

Eden Kane, brother of Peter Sarstedt (Where do you go to my lovely?).

I agree re Glastonbury.  I always make it a rule to catch a fair number of bands I've never heard of and have come across some crackers as a result.  Possibly one of my biggest surprises was Gogol Bordello - amazing gypsy punk.

PRUNE

Cheating but you could say that prunes have a hue.  The real reason for these two are that they were the first band I saw at a proper gig in 1967 at Bath Pavillion.  Until then I'd just been to folk clubs.  The promoter Freddie Bannister put on amazing bands just getting going like Led Zepp and Pink Floyd and loads of US West Coast bands like Jefferson Airplane.  He also put on the Bath Blues Festival and the Shepton Mallet Festival, both of which were attended by Michael Eavis and were the inspiration for Glastobury.  He later went on to start Knebworth.

More on Freddie (to whom I owe my love of music and festivals) here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Bannister