Word Association Game

I wish I were still in my 50s carlosj.  But this Sunday I'll be feeling the F5 button in the hopes of a resale ticket that would make an old man happy.

In the meantime I have to make do with classic Glasto performances I've seen.

He's another bunch of oldies showing that as well as feeling they can SEE.

Close but no cigar was a phrase used at Fairgrounds to punters who almost won the prize - often a cigar - but just failed and weren't perfect.

So a bit of FAIRGROUND Attraction.  Eddie Reader is still touring and may see her in June.

HALLELUJAH

Another Grumpy Gonner, but still one of the finest performers I have ever seen live.  Sadly his Glasto appearance wasn't broadcast.  And I think this was also a Shrek song - albeit not the LC version.

RAIN

I remember Everybody's Talkin' from the film Midnight Cowboy which featured a stunning performance by Dustin Hoffman.  A real tear jerker.

This clip is from a great set by John Fogerty at Glastonbury - though why I post Glasto clips when I don't have a ticket this year I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a bit of pedantry, according to Wikipedia Dr Feelgood was formed in Canvey Island in 1971 by Johnson, Brilleaux and Sparks, who had all been members of existing R&B bands, and soon added drummer John Martin. They took their name from a 1962 record by the American blues pianist and singer Willie Perryman (also known as "Piano Red") called "Dr. Feel-Good", which Perryman recorded under the name of Dr. Feelgood & The Interns. The song was covered by several British beat groups in the 1960s, including Johnny Kidd & The Pirates. The term is also a slang term for heroin or for a doctor who is willing to overprescribe drugs.

The Feelgoods still perform but with no original members as far as I know.  Better still catch Wilko Johnson, especially if he's with Norman Watt Roy on bass, as that will give you more of a Feelgood feel.

oh and the link word is JOHNSON

Edited by grumpyhack