Word Association Game

• 2 weeks later...

RIDE  

You and I must be of an age Carlos.  I've very happy memories of ? and The Mysterians, although where to file the record in my collection was always difficult.  From the simple to the overblown.

HORSES

One of the most under-rated South Wales bands who were unfairly tagged as one hit wonders after this number.  But live they were superb with great guiitar work from Graham.  Sadly lead singer Morty is now another of Grumpy's Gonners. 

FRANCE

Happy memories of my first visit to France when I was 14.  In a life changing month I discovered girls, wine, cigarettes and got away from my mum for a first taste of freedom in a lovely country.

You'll have to hold the fort for a while Carlosj as I'm off tomorrow for a five week visit to Australia with Mrs GH to see her sister and extended family.  Flying via Kuala Lumpur then doing Melbourne, Hobart, Perth and Margaret River.

GREEN

Taking a break from packing - almost all done - so I thought I'd slip this one in.  Great song written by an Australian and I've actually visited the tiny graveyard where Eric Bogle sat and wrote the song.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:26 PM, grumpyhack said:

HORSES

One of the most under-rated South Wales bands who were unfairly tagged as one hit wonders after this number.  But live they were superb with great guiitar work from Graham.  Sadly lead singer Morty is now another of Grumpy's Gonners. 

sorry to intrude on the conversation but i just have to say that these guys were pretty good. They were the fist band i saw when i went away to Leicester Polytechnic...….in 1977...…. ? They played the 'freshers ball', never saw nor heard much of them since but they have always have had a warm place in my heart. Great, great,  times.  Anyway carry on...  ?

On 3/14/2019 at 1:29 PM, chuckles07 said:

sorry to intrude on the conversation but i just have to say that these guys were pretty good. They were the fist band i saw when i went away to Leicester Polytechnic...….in 1977...…. ? They played the 'freshers ball', never saw nor heard much of them since but they have always have had a warm place in my heart. Great, great,  times.  Anyway carry on...  ?

Chuckles, You're not intruding.  I'm glad my post brought back some happy memories.  Please feel free to join the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Toothbrush

@chuckles07

:bye:  think of a word to continue from the last word and a video to go with it.

(Pink) flamingo > (pink) Toothbrush*, a childhood memory from Ed Stewpot's Saturday show.

*er, this is a really tenuous link, sorry.

FAIRIES

As a kid if your tooth came out you put it under the pillow and the tooth fairy would come in the night and leave some money.  (I gather that it's up to £5 a tooth for kids these days).  So a band that dates from about the same time as Uncle Max, the Pink Fairies.  They played the first Glastonbury and are still staggering on.

Fairies were PHOTOgraphed in the famous hoax.

And this band is touring again, back in Leeds soon.

GH, are you sorted for the FB group, ready for resale day? Did you have a good break?

PICTURE

Joe Brown had a big hit with a Picture of You and he introduced his friend George Harrison the ukulele.  This was his appearance at the Concert For George.  Not a dry eye in the house.  I've seen him do it live on other occasions and it still brings people to tears.

Yes I had a great time in Australia but the flight home - four hours to Kuala Lumpur then 13 to Heathrow was a killer. Luckily we managed to fly Business Class after Mrs GH found some half price seats but I'm done with long-hauling.

Hopefully I'm on a couple of FB groups for the resale but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by grumpyhack