Word Association Game

Prison -

If not seen this clip is from the most excellent film Samsara http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770802/. Cebu Prison in the Phillipines. God help the people of those islands right now.

My advice if Samsara is the kind of movie for you. Watch it from the start on the biggest screen with the best quality of player you have available and allow yourself enough time to not be disturbed by any outside influence for it's duration.

There's no dialogue, just images and sound. Sorry for rambling on but I loved that film so much and thanks Grumpyhack for giving me an opening to allow me to big it up a bit :)

As one film journalist noted, "That Samsara is instantly one of the most visually-stunning films in the history of cinema is reason enough to cherish it, but Fricke and co-editor Mark Magidson achieve truly profound juxtapositions, brimming with meaning and emotion. It sounds preposterous, but it's true: In 99 minutes, Samsara achieves something approaching a comprehensive portrait of the totality of human experience. If you're even remotely fond of being alive, Samsara is not to be missed."

Edited by whisty

Bedlam

bedlam.jpg

It wasn't just people from other continents who were put on display.
During the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries the inmates of the Royal Bethlehem Hospital in London, which had become known as Bedlam, were often used as a form of cheap entertainment and tickets were issued to people who would pay a penny to peer into the cells of the inmates and laugh at the freaks of the "Show of Bethlehem". Bedlam became infamous for the cruelty and brutal ill-treatment meted out to its inmates.
Harsh times indeed, but from these early beginnings the profession of psychiatry evolved into what it is today.

Bedlam

bedlam.jpg

It wasn't just people from other continents who were put on display.
During the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries the inmates of the Royal Bethlehem Hospital in London, which had become known as Bedlam, were often used as a form of cheap entertainment and tickets were issued to people who would pay a penny to peer into the cells of the inmates and laugh at the freaks of the "Show of Bethlehem". Bedlam became infamous for the cruelty and brutal ill-treatment meted out to its inmates.
Harsh times indeed, but from these early beginnings the profession of psychiatry evolved into what it is today.

Great word Bedlam.

Robert Hooke credited as architect was a very interesting person having undertook a lot of the work that Wren gets credited for amongst other scientific things, he did.accusing Newton of stealing his ideas on gravity. The Man Who Knew Too Much is a great biography as much in a historical context as about the man himself.

So Bedlam was built in a Baroque style. Baroque is my word.

Edited by whisty