Things that annoy you ?

Barry Fish

Just been chatting to my son, who's working in New Zealand. And he asked me what The Valleys is about, because when he's told people he's from Wales, that's their point of reference for media portrayal of us Welsh.

Luckily we're also known for our rugby.

Urgh grim news. The worst thing is seeing the umm "stars" of the show strutting around Cardiff like they own the place. w*nkers.

Premiership rugby matches being scheduled on international weekends. I'm a Leicester fan. We had 8 players we weren't allowed to play against another top of the table side who had 4.

Funnily enough they won.

It penalises us for producing young English players and advantages Saracens for buying a load of mercenary foreigners!

Saracens scored 32 points. 27 were scored by players qualified for England.

Leicester scored 27 points. 17 points were scored by a single english player, your 2 tries came from foreigners.

Saracens scored 32 points. 27 were scored by players qualified for England.

Leicester scored 27 points. 17 points were scored by a single english player, your 2 tries came from foreigners.

Isn't the point that Leicester's English players couldn't score points for Leicester as they were on international duty?

Facebook baffles me a bit. What's it for? It seems it's a tool of hate and seperation rather than unity.

Everyone is so pissed off and offended, all the time, about everything. Everyone hates each other. 'Urgh another post from him sharing that what a pleb', 'Don't you hate it when people post quotes', 'Don't you just hate people who do or say anything?'. Then you go to work and hear people gossiping and bitching about the people they hate. Everyone is a c**t and none of our own shit stinks! It's fucking hilarious!

'Urgh another meme'

'Urgh another political rant'

'Urgh not football again'

''Urgh not another picture of his kid'

'Urgh he's swearing in his update'

'Urghnot another gym post'

'Urgh I just don't like him'

Then you post your own: 'Had a nice lunch bla bla bla' which is just another open invite for everyone to hate you some more. If it's self promotion in any way you're annoying if it's self deprecating you're a loser. If its clever it's arrogant, if it's flippant it's retarded.

Marketing and self-centred me-me-me culture has a lot to do with it. The hypocrisy of people who claim not to be fascists and yet profess we should all do what they do never ceases to raise a chuckle. It brings out the absolute worst in everybody, even people who don't even use it (because they get all smug and self congratulatory about it)

We're fucked :lol: Do what you like and end the hate it'll mess you up (what's funny is I've probably pissed people off just for saying that).

Edited by Purple Monkey

Facebook baffles me a bit. What's it for? It seems it's a tool of hate and seperation rather than unity.

Everyone is so pissed off and offended, all the time, about everything. Everyone hates each other. 'Urgh another post from him sharing that what a pleb', 'Don't you hate it when people post quotes', 'Don't you just hate people who do or say anything?'. Then you go to work and hear people gossiping and bitching about the people they hate. Everyone is a c**t and none of our own shit stinks! It's fucking hilarious!

Marketing and self-centred me-me-me culture has a lot to do with it.

We're fucked :lol:

It's surprising how easy you can turn around a bitchfest. Just gently change the mood. Try it, it's fun.

facebook though - it's just attention and sympathy seeking. The equivalent of primate grooming. They just want their nits picked and their fur stroked.

Isn't the point that Leicester's English players couldn't score points for Leicester as they were on international duty?

That is exactly the point.

And Sarries bench is stronger because they are not having to use their bench to replace the players playing at international level.

Funnily enough the times Sarries generally win at welford road are during international weekends. The time we were allowed to play our full strength side we won...

It's in no way a level playing field. How would a Man U fan react if they suddenly had to play chelsea missing Rooney, rvp, a central midfielder, entire back 4 and the goalie because the governing body wouldn't allow them to play cause they were playing internationals?

He was complaining about Saracen's 'foreign mercenarys' which I showed to be complete bull shit.

For me, the main point being made was premiership fixtures being played at a time when players were lost to internationals.

Undoubtedly, this effects some clubs more than others.

Would never happen in football, and the national team suffers as a result. Conversely, it undoubtedly has improved the national side in rugby. Though you can understand the annoyance if you're a club supporter losing out.

He was complaining about Saracen's 'foreign mercenarys' which I showed to be complete bull shit.

Are you saying its a level playing field? Cause that's what I was saying...

I'll take the word foreign out strettle and Charlie ain't getting back to playing for England (and strets hasn't looked like regularly doing so since Sarries signed him)

Could Sarries field a competitive side of England qualified players? Apart from a 7 I'm pretty sure we could...

The fact remains that during every international window we are disadvantaged by having England qualified players, inevitably more so than the opposition.

Honestly, I couldn't give a shit about the national team, I'd rather my teams players could actually play for my club week in week out.

I should make clear it ain't specifically the Sarries game, they did well and we dropped too many tackles.

Crickets the same, must affect league placings.
At least in cricket there's no salary cap so teams who have lots of players playing internationals can buy quality backups!

Biggest problem with cricket is the teams with test venues get massive injections of cash so all the good players go there instead of staying at the clubs that developed them. Those smaller clubs can't get anywhere near their big neighbours. Out of interest do the ECB pay all the counties an equal amount for England players or do those with more players get more cash? (Cause the RFU split it equally across all the prem clubs regardless of how many England players you have...)

At least in cricket there's no salary cap so teams who have lots of players playing internationals can buy quality backups!

Biggest problem with cricket is the teams with test venues get massive injections of cash so all the good players go there instead of staying at the clubs that developed them. Those smaller clubs can't get anywhere near their big neighbours. Out of interest do the ECB pay all the counties an equal amount for England players or do those with more players get more cash? (Cause the RFU split it equally across all the prem clubs regardless of how many England players you have...)

Also, in cricket England have central contracts. Players that play a significant amount of internationals get their salaries paid by the ECB, not the county teams (beyond the time they're actually playing for their county).

In terms of what counties get for producing England players, the ECB pay some money for those they're contracted to, and some as a 'development' award towards the county that produced the player at the start of the career.

A new course I was to be teaching failed to get off the ground last night for lack of sufficient bums on seats. So that's 15 weeks of work (well three hours a week for 15 weeks down the pan).

Never mind summer's coming so more time to spend on the garden.

The fact that I'm a gnat's bollock away from real happiness and something inside me is preventing me taking that final step - that's annoying me. I don't know what piece of bastardry is governing this thing. It's all far too stupid. One little step and I get bliss. I guess at the bottom of it all is wondering whether I deserve that. It may not surprise you too much to learn that I had a Roman Catholic upbringing. The only thing I was ever taught was to feel as guilty as fuck. Fortunately in later life I have re-dressed the balance by actually being guilty as charged. The last episode found me telling two members of the constabulary to go fuck themselves. They don't like this I can asssure you. Got off it though by telling them the whole story that led up to me telling them to fuck off.

• Upvote 2

tv licence ....................just turn on bbc 1 and its that fake Britain ...nice show BUT ive seen it before i mean we pay for this shite at least leave it 2/3 years before showing the same thing ....

and after jimi ...........i dont think we should pay for tv any more all other channels have adverts why cant bbc just do the same .

by the way yoghurt old son did you reach bliss

i dont think we should pay for tv any more all other channels have adverts why cant bbc just do the same .

because the TV we'd get would even worse for repeats and for quality - or do you think that ITV and Sky blow the BBC with fewer repeats and much higher quality? :lol:

Not only that, you get a choice whether to pay for the BBC or not. You get absolutely no choice over your funding of commercial TV whether you watch it or not, because you pay for it via everything you buy. Don't give me that "I don't buy any of the products advertised on TV" bollocks, because all the oil companies advertise and everything you buy requires oil in its process.

I am annoyed with some if the people I work with. Mainly it is envy that has turned into anger. The other night during a break I was talking to a driver who said he was retiring. I asked him about his pension and after 45 years he gets a 95k lump sum and 13k a year as well as his state pension. I genuinely said well done and wished him all the best. However some of the other casuals overheard this and the resentment is terrible almost to the point of hatred. It all seems to stem from folk over 40 and more specifically a guy who is 64. Last night I was trying to be rational and just said because we have either made bad choices or had bad luck does not mean we have to feel ill will against someone more "fortunate".

Anyway everyone has turned on me now. Someone even pointed out that I wore an official company hi viz and not the yellow one that agency wear. Then it was accusations if preferential treatment as they never see me around during work as I work in a team of permanent staff. (I always ask if I can do that job). I can handle the crap but I am annoyed at the way people need resentment and to make a "them and us" situation.

I am annoyed with some if the people I work with. Mainly it is envy that has turned into anger. The other night during a break I was talking to a driver who said he was retiring. I asked him about his pension and after 45 years he gets a 95k lump sum and 13k a year as well as his state pension. I genuinely said well done and wished him all the best. However some of the other casuals overheard this and the resentment is terrible almost to the point of hatred. It all seems to stem from folk over 40 and more specifically a guy who is 64. Last night I was trying to be rational and just said because we have either made bad choices or had bad luck does not mean we have to feel ill will against someone more "fortunate".

Anyway everyone has turned on me now. Someone even pointed out that I wore an official company hi viz and not the yellow one that agency wear. Then it was accusations if preferential treatment as they never see me around during work as I work in a team of permanent staff. (I always ask if I can do that job). I can handle the crap but I am annoyed at the way people need resentment and to make a "them and us" situation.

I can relate to this a bit at the moment. As a contractor I don't behave like normal 9 to 5 employees. I pretty much decide what hours I work, when I work them, take holidays when I want etc. but it leads misinformed perement staff to get annoyed and question why I get away with so much lmao. Despite the fact I don't even work for the company. I only go on site as I need access to their equipment for installs etc :P

You thought they would get it seeing as I am only on site two days a week at best :)

People should just concentrate on there own duties and stop interfering in others.

Preferential treatement? What the fuck has it got to do with them anyway... I would let w*nkers like that go. No good for any company that sort.

Edited by Barry Fish

That's horrible rufus. Just goes to show how easy we get turned against each other.

Having been a victim of this sort of scapegoating myself, I know how frustrated and let down it can make you feel.

Just goes to show how easy we get turned against each other.

except of course we've got a govt encourgaging people to do just that at the moment.

There's another load of research around welfare payments just come out, that again has most welfare recipients believing they're entitled to the welfare payments they receive whilst also believing that nearly everyone else is taking the piss.

This is how stupid and unthinking the people of this country are.

Meanwhile, the banks remain unreformed and our glorious Chancellor Gideon goes to the EU to insist that the bankers continue to be allowed to run off with all the money.

The bankers run away with more money each year than is spent on all welfare payments. But welfare is the problem, hmmm, OK.

PS: half the welfare payments are to pensioners. Are all of them taking the piss too?

Edited by eFestivals