Things that annoy you ?

Barry Fish

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My mom went down the NHS route. It took some time for her to get what she needed, but they nailed it in the end.

Glad they sorted it for her. I'm falling apart bit by bit, not even 60 yet!

I've had fun wearing my body out though 😈

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 10:00 AM, feral chile said:

If you have people you keep meaning to reconnect with, old friends, family, do it now.

While there's still time.

💔💔💔

We have, in the last 5 minutes, gien our ex neighbour our fully stocked camper van to drive away. He was on a plane back from Spain a few days ago, and told to self isolate. We are doing that ourselves anyway, but having just sold his house our ex neighbour literally had nowhere to go. It is a time to reach out and help others, if you are able. We got a hold of some toilet paper earlier, and have just given our new neighbour half of that. On top of that we've given our other OAP neighbour our telephone numbers if she needs her dog walking, wants shopping done etc.

We now have a choice - and it's to be selfish, or to be as selfless as we can. I know what camp I'd rather be in.

• Upvote 1

Well done Yog.  Little acts, or in this case big acts, of kindness will make all the difference.  I'm a bit confused about your ex-neighbour though.  Where had he been intending to stay had he not been told to self-isolate?

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We have, in the last 5 minutes, gien our ex neighbour our fully stocked camper van to drive away. He was on a plane back from Spain a few days ago, and told to self isolate. We are doing that ourselves anyway, but having just sold his house our ex neighbour literally had nowhere to go. It is a time to reach out and help others, if you are able. We got a hold of some toilet paper earlier, and have just given our new neighbour half of that. On top of that we've given our other OAP neighbour our telephone numbers if she needs her dog walking, wants shopping done etc.

We now have a choice - and it's to be selfish, or to be as selfless as we can. I know what camp I'd rather be in.

Yog you are a true gent xx

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Well done Yog.  Little acts, or in this case big acts, of kindness will make all the difference.  I'm a bit confused about your ex-neighbour though.  Where had he been intending to stay had he not been told to self-isolate?

Hello grumpy,

Long time, no talk.

Hope you are happy and well, given the circumstances.

The thing is, this bloke (my ex neighbour) had worked on his house for 11 years, sold it, made a bigger profit than he imagined, and then wanted to start playing. So, off he popped to Spain, a while ago. Then all shit broke loose and he had to get back here again, which he just about managed. Then he stayed at his parents for a few days, as they were away. Then he asked us about the camper. The rest is history.

By the way, he said that we haven't seen the half of it, compared to what he'd just been through. He couldn't get food or drink for 4 days, and people crossed the street when they saw him. 

If that shit wasn't enough, I've been told that the army have been put in to position should it kick off in London. 

It continues;

We are now going to be putting up a young lad who's been kicked out of Vietnam (where he was teaching English). He's been told to self isolate but had nowhere to go. So, we've given him the use of our cabin which we normally rent out via Airbnb.

On top of that I actually got a packet of toilet paper yesterday. We ended giving it to our new neighbour (a nurse) as she has three kids and was down to her last two rolls.

I should imagine that the pope will be canonising me and my wife soon! 

21 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It continues;

We are now going to be putting up a young lad who's been kicked out of Vietnam (where he was teaching English). He's been told to self isolate but had nowhere to go. So, we've given him the use of our cabin which we normally rent out via Airbnb.

On top of that I actually got a packet of toilet paper yesterday. We ended giving it to our new neighbour (a nurse) as she has three kids and was down to her last two rolls.

I should imagine that the pope will be canonising me and my wife soon! 

Aww yog well done!

Most helpful thing we did today was give next door's little girl her ball back and try to reassure our kids about our health.

😇

I have tried to reach an old friend I'm worried about, I can't exactly write to her now, and she's not replying to texts and voicemail. She does this anyway, as v. poorly. What do I do? Got family sending me dire warnings about staying in and avoiding risk. She does have carers, but we haven't heard from her since January 😔

Edited by feral chile

9 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I've decided that each day I'll ring a different old friend I haven't spoken to for a while.  So that should keep me busy for all of seven days.

Good thinking.

I lost a friend recently, for the first 30 years of my life she was family. We lost touch, I can't even remember how it happened. Maybe train times, before we both had cars. Every memory I have of my youth,  she was present.

And now, so much grief and regret. Last time I spoke to her was Feb 12th, I reminisced with her on social media, about meeting AC/DC when we were 16, and how hilarious that night was. When her daughter told me she was dying, she said she had been talking about her memories, and this particular one was the last time her daughter heard her laugh.

I'm glad I had at least messaged her, but so much time lost :(

On 12/31/2019 at 11:04 AM, feral chile said:

I just spoke to a patient who has wisely kept a safe distance the entire room length away, and loudly apologised for subjecting them to my germs for the last 2 hours, and explained that I had volunteered to wait elsewhere but was not allowed.

Take that, receptionist!

(The receptionist has retreated and is frantically rubbing hantibacterial hand gel over her hands).

I think my message was heard and the implications received.

Passive aggression for the win!

On 12/31/2019 at 11:34 AM, feral chile said:

Yay! Straight after that last post,I got called in, got it confirmed that it was a sinus infection as I suspected (whose colds last 3 months and coincide with tooth issues?), and got my antibiotics 🙂

And thanks to venting here (and tbh getting a result), I was able to let the surgery staff and the chemist staff know how much I appreciate them being here for the likes of me.

Thank you NHS. You might be getting old, vulnerable and a bit slow now, but you're still soldiering on.

🥰

Not so funny now 😥

They finally posted a surgery uodate on 18/03/2020 telling people not to attendvwalkin surgery, when that was the only option to see a GP previously. I really hope they rethink afterwards. 2 or more hours with a crowd of sick people....

Came to vent:

Husband down with sudden dry continuous cough, aches and fluey.

Friend's funeral at 12, only 5 could attend, luckily I wasn't one of them. 😔

It didn't seem lucky yesterday, obv. But it would be nightmare if we had been able to be there, only to be quarantined last minute and let her family down. They're devastated enough already not being able to have the funeral they planned 😔

Edited by feral chile

On 3/27/2020 at 11:17 AM, feral chile said:

Came to vent:

Husband down with sudden dry continuous cough, aches and fluey.

Friend's funeral at 12, only 5 could attend, luckily I wasn't one of them. 😔

It didn't seem lucky yesterday, obv. But it would be nightmare if we had been able to be there, only to be quarantined last minute and let her family down. They're devastated enough already not being able to have the funeral they planned 😔

Had a scare yesterday as husband was starting to struggle with his breathing, it's eased today.

GP phoned back yesterday, another week self isolating, it's likely mild Covid-19.

So far, nobody else here seems to have caught it 🤞

18 hours ago, feral chile said:

Had a scare yesterday as husband was starting to struggle with his breathing, it's eased today.

GP phoned back yesterday, another week self isolating, it's likely mild Covid-19.

Hope you and the family are ok Feral.  Stay as safe as you can and hope Mr Feral is feeling better soon.

19 hours ago, feral chile said:

Hope that you are wrong in the diagnosis of your husband's condition feral.

My wife thought she might have caught the virus two days ago, as she had several of the symptoms. However the next day she felt fine again. It'll may be difficult for us to diagnose in any instance as we both take speed continuously throughout the day and night. This means that we'd probably keep going when under normal circumstances when we should have been confined to bed.

1 hour ago, gary1979666 said:

Hope you and the family are ok Feral.  Stay as safe as you can and hope Mr Feral is feeling better soon.

51 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hope that you are wrong in the diagnosis of your husband's condition feral.

My wife thought she might have caught the virus two days ago, as she had several of the symptoms. However the next day she felt fine again. It'll may be difficult for us to diagnose in any instance as we both take speed continuously throughout the day and night. This means that we'd probably keep going when under normal circumstances when we should have been confined to bed.

Thanks both. I think the lack of testing might be an issue, he's convinced he had it and might get lax with social distancing.

While I'm hoping that I really had the sinus infection that I was diagnosed with last January 🙁

• 2 months later...

Fucking twats on ebay, I've sold £120 worth on ebay the last week and I've had less than £30 worth of payments. The buyers don't pay and don't responded to me or I'm hearing stupid excuses about it being an accidental bid.

On 6/4/2020 at 1:49 PM, jump said:

Fucking twats on ebay, I've sold £120 worth on ebay the last week and I've had less than £30 worth of payments. The buyers don't pay and don't responded to me or I'm hearing stupid excuses about it being an accidental bid.

I've had that treatment before a number of times on ebay. I got so incensed at one 'purchase' from an ebayer who failed to pay, that I actually decided to take it down the complaints route within ebay. Well, that was a waste of time because they did exactly nothing. As in nothing at all. 

Why people do it remains a mystery to me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 6:58 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

After drama getting new flasses a few months back it now transpires I have cataracts and I can expect a 6 month wait for an appointment. 

That's bad news Rufus. However, maybe waiting 6 months before going in to a clinical environment / hospital setting might be the safer option with coronavirus.  I don't know if early eye intervention is best though, medically speaking.