Bogie Nights?

Not bad.

It's raining phlegm?

While my catarrh gently weeps?

Meanwhile, NHS logic:

Rolled up to the GP surgery at 08.55 for a walk in appointment 

"As you're here before 9, you have to stay and wait. 2 hours."

"Can't I just come back in 5 minutes, book then go home?"

"No. Them's the rules. There have been people waiting in the already overflowing surgery since 8".

After 9, they let you go home to wait. Joking aside, I suppose it's to deal with first come first served,  I could never remember if you were supposed to trundle along at 8 or 9.

Early birds take the germ, eh?

Edited by feral chile

34 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Not bad.

It's raining phlegm?

While my catarrh gently weeps?

Meanwhile, NHS logic:

Rolled up to the GP surgery at 08.55 for a walk in appointment 

"As you're here before 9, you have to stay and wait. 2 hours."

"Can't I just come back in 5 minutes, book then go home?"

"No. Them's the rules. There have been people waiting in the already overflowing surgery since 8".

After 9, they let you go home to wait. Joking aside, I suppose it's to deal with first come first served,  I could never remember if you were supposed to trundle along at 8 or 9.

Early birds take the germ, eh?

And now I'm getting dirty looks from other patients for coughing uncontrollably.

It's not my fault guys, I don't want to be having this communal germ experience either.

But I'm supposed to see a GP for anything lasting over 3 weeks.

And it's been more like 3 months.

(I did see one by appointment before this).

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

And now I'm getting dirty looks from other patients for coughing uncontrollably.

It's not my fault guys, I don't want to be having this communal germ experience either.

But I'm supposed to see a GP for anything lasting over 3 weeks.

And it's been more like 3 months.

(I did see one by appointment before this).

The GP I'm waiting for is running  30 minutes late.

I've already had to step outside to choke as I'm coughing till I couldn't breathe.

I feel like Typhoid Mary.

This is an insane process.

Correction to my earlier fever ridden botch of the saying.

The early bird catches the germ.

Never fear, I shall keep you all updated with my snivelling self pithy reports.

Edited by feral chile

The 8 o'clock patients have now been seen, and have run relieved away from me.

I now have a new batch of unwitting patients to infect, the ones in the know that booked beforehand, or after 9.

They are in a much better mood, as they have no inkling of the danger lur(k)gying in their mi(d)st.

Yet.

😈🤢

On the plus side, I haven't been physically assaulted.

Yet.

🤢😱

Edited by feral chile

I just spoke to a patient who has wisely kept a safe distance the entire room length away, and loudly apologised for subjecting them to my germs for the last 2 hours, and explained that I had volunteered to wait elsewhere but was not allowed.

Take that, receptionist!

(The receptionist has retreated and is frantically rubbing hantibacterial hand gel over her hands).

I think my message was heard and the implications received.

Passive aggression for the win!

Edited by feral chile

Yay! Straight after that last post,I got called in, got it confirmed that it was a sinus infection as I suspected (whose colds last 3 months and coincide with tooth issues?), and got my antibiotics 🙂

And thanks to venting here (and tbh getting a result), I was able to let the surgery staff and the chemist staff know how much I appreciate them being here for the likes of me.

Thank you NHS. You might be getting old, vulnerable and a bit slow now, but you're still soldiering on.

🥰

2 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Glad you got there in the end Feral. Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly.

Thanks Ommadawn.

Hopefully, none of my cough is virally contagious and I haven't infected half of my home town.

🤮

The eyesight saga continues. I thought I would buy spring rolls. Turned out to be potato croquettes. To help at the moment I think I will use my phone on camera mode and zoom in. I live on a main road and I am starting to worry about crossing the road. 

Fucking cancer, it’s shit. That annoys me. That’s my dad away. Such bullshit. He loved a good tune so he did. 

29 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Fucking cancer, it’s shit. That annoys me. That’s my dad away. Such bullshit. He loved a good tune so he did. 

My sincere condolences metallimuse.

My dad's on his way out too.  We've been at loggerheads many a time, and it would be safe to say that we're both treading on eggs shells still now. I don't know if I'm going to be wracked with guilt when he 'goes' or stick to my own principles that he was / is an outrageous bully. 

7 hours ago, metallimuse said:

My condolences also, metallimuse.

Cancer is indeed a total bastard.

Hugs xx

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My sincere condolences metallimuse.

My dad's on his way out too.  We've been at loggerheads many a time, and it would be safe to say that we're both treading on eggs shells still now. I don't know if I'm going to be wracked with guilt when he 'goes' or stick to my own principles that he was / is an outrageous bully. 

Hugs for you too xx

• Upvote 1

Tickets going on sale before the advertised time.

Fuck you Viagogo.

Plus about a dozen pages of crap to wade through. Worst ticket buying experience ever.

13 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Tickets going on sale before the advertised time.

Fuck you Viagogo.

Plus about a dozen pages of crap to wade through. Worst ticket buying experience ever.

Aaaaand It appears that I've really fucked up here (and I'll bet some of you'd noticed).

I googled "act name tour" about 20 minutes before said gig was meant to go on sale and just clicked the first link that came up. Panicked a bit when I saw they were already (apparently) on sale and just went for what seemed like a good seat.

Reckon I've paid about four times what I needed to. With the possibility of being turned away if they decide to get arsey about where said ticket is from.

Always go straight to the venues website.

FFS what a cock up. It's not like I'm new to buying gig tickets. Don't do ticket buying with a hangover while down on sleep is the lesson to be learnt here.

Seriously embarrassed and worrying if I'm going senile or something. It's a schoolboy error.

At least it was only the one ticket. A positive to come out of being single on Valentine's Day ;) :ph34r:

• Like 1

Was it here we talked hearing aids?

Turns out my loud gig days have caught up with me, and I've been quoted £2400 to £5000

😳

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

Turns out my loud gig days have caught up with me, and I've been quoted £2400 to £5000

😳

wow not a great quote to get

15 hours ago, feral chile said:

😳

are you sure you heard him correctly?

:P 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

are you sure you heard him correctly?

:P 

Haha. I wish.

Written down, unfortunately. The choices were based on star ratings. They started at £1600, but that was unsuitable for me, she says. Then all you get to decide is a range of options for different elements of hearing loss, based on number of stars. You don't get told the models, features, service provision, nothing.

So I'm off to the NHS.

On a side note....

The audiologist swears I misheard "fish" as "man".

Since it felt like some sort of weird word association test (I can't hear consonants, so "bomb"/"from", "dice"/"dyke" etc.), I'm struggling to think why my brain chose "man" from "fish".

I think she's either mistaken or....that's actually the only thing I can wrap my logic around. Maybe I was slow in responding so was responding to a different word.

Or Aquaman. I'd respond to Jason Momoa right enough.

Edited by feral chile

On 12/31/2019 at 2:45 PM, feral chile said:

Thanks Ommadawn.

Hopefully, none of my cough is virally contagious and I haven't infected half of my home town.

🤮

I hope they've reviewed their appointments system in view of coronavirus.

3 hours ago, feral chile said:

Haha. I wish.

Written down, unfortunately. The choices were based on star ratings. They started at £1600, but that was unsuitable for me, she says. Then all you get to decide is a range of options for different elements of hearing loss, based on number of stars. You don't get told the models, features, service provision, nothing.

So I'm off to the NHS.

On a side note....

The audiologist swears I misheard "fish" as "man".

Since it felt like some sort of weird word association test (I can't hear consonants, so "bomb"/"from", "dice"/"dyke" etc.), I'm struggling to think why my brain chose "man" from "fish".

I think she's either mistaken or....that's actually the only thing I can wrap my logic around. Maybe I was slow in responding so was responding to a different word.

Or Aquaman. I'd respond to Jason Momoa right enough.

Hello feral,

Was this a private audiologist you visited?

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

Was this a private audiologist you visited?

Yes, it was my local optician. They're a pretty expensive optician, but they do a good job. And I choose the lenses, frames etc., so know what I'm paying for.

This audiologist is in partnership with them or something.

I want to know more about what I'm buying than a star rating.

20 hours ago, feral chile said:

Yes, it was my local optician. They're a pretty expensive optician, but they do a good job. And I choose the lenses, frames etc., so know what I'm paying for.

This audiologist is in partnership with them or something.

I want to know more about what I'm buying than a star rating.

Sounds like the audiologist was trying to skank you to me. Then again I'm a natural cynic.

I suppose what I'd have done in those circumstances would be to ask for the literature on the expensive make and model of hearing aid that they recommended, and then search for it on line to see if you could get it way cheaper.

I said, I suppose what I'd have done in those circumstances would be to ask for the literature on the expensive make and model of hearing aid that they recommended, and then search for it on line to see if you could get it way cheaper.

Apologies for the corny joke, but I just couldn't resist it.

50 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Sounds like the audiologist was trying to skank you to me. Then again I'm a natural cynic.

I suppose what I'd have done in those circumstances would be to ask for the literature on the expensive make and model of hearing aid that they recommended, and then search for it on line to see if you could get it way cheaper.

I said, I suppose what I'd have done in those circumstances would be to ask for the literature on the expensive make and model of hearing aid that they recommended, and then search for it on line to see if you could get it way cheaper.

Apologies for the corny joke, but I just couldn't resist it.

Ha!

Well I don't have that kind of money to spare, so I'll try the NHS first xx