Things that annoy you ?

Barry Fish

Door staff who wouldn't let my daughter into a club with her citizencard, she's been there before and it's been accepted but today apparently she's a stupid cow for buying that Id and not being able to afford a passport. Now got to go and find her into in the pouring rain in floods of tears And try to reassure her. The guy on the door needless to say refused to give his name or number so it won't be easy to follow it up.

On 12/11/2015 at 0:15 AM, atomised said:

Door staff who wouldn't let my daughter into a club with her citizencard, she's been there before and it's been accepted but today apparently she's a stupid cow for buying that Id and not being able to afford a passport. Now got to go and find her into in the pouring rain in floods of tears And try to reassure her. The guy on the door needless to say refused to give his name or number so it won't be easy to follow it up.

Yeah I had issues when I first started going clubs and a few places decided it was fake/wouldn't accept it I know you shouldn't have to but provisional licenses are cheaper and better than losing a passport to use as ID.

On 16/12/2015 at 11:05 AM, 5co77ie said:

that pain behind your eyes that paracetamol won't shift, and the feeling of thinking through treacle you get shortly before coming down with (what I'm sure is) a cold

Colds are bollocks, my bloody son has had one the last few days and tonight I can taste it coming on, just before a long week of overtime shifts (I don't celebrate xmas so clean up on triple time and that pays for my glastonbury next year in one week).

23 minutes ago, feral chile said:

putting dishes away off the draining rack. All I did was move one plate, it caused an avalanche and smashed 2 glasses, including a gift from a friend :(

Shame about your friends gift getting smashed. My wife suffers from dyspraxia so breakages are common place. I've gone a bit zen about it all now. A case of having to.

54 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Shame about your friends gift getting smashed. My wife suffers from dyspraxia so breakages are common place. I've gone a bit zen about it all now. A case of having to.

a fellow rep suffers from it, I keep meaning to look into it, because she described a lot of things that I related to.

eta: just read some stuff about it, I do have problems with motor skills coordination, and perception difficulties. I have a lazy eye, had to have a squint straightened as a child, so it's well possible that my brain failed to develop spatial skills.

And I recently caused my new manager much mirth as she watched me struggling to put my coat on. I am massively clumsy and uncoordinated, even this morning, my only memory is of lifting one plate from the rack, it does make me wonder how other things seemed (to me) to randomly topple,

Edited by feral chile

I think I should have stayed in work instead of taking Christmas leave.

One thing was resolved, after a fair bit of stress. I recently invested in a quality food processor, over £300 worth. I went to use it for only the second time, and a rather crucial part was missing from the box - the blade support thingy, without which I have £300 worth of scrap. I eventually discovered it amongst lots of other kitchen clutter.

Then, I discovered a leaky boiler this morning, so it's had to be drained, and replaced (on Monday). Luckily we're tenants, so we don't have to foot the bill.

it was, however, seriously embarrassing as I had decided to use my leave to start my New Year resolution early and declutter my house .So not only do we have the inconvenience of no hot water and 2 fan heaters till Monday, the plumber also had to drain the radiators in some seriously messy bedrooms, that are housing overflow clutter and mess, to make room for Christmas visitors. The whole house looks like a multiroomed shed at the moment, made even worse by the fact that I'm trying to declutter, so even stuff that's usually packed away is all over the place.

:(

I need some cyberhugs.

:(

Edited by feral chile
hug request

1 hour ago, swede said:

I haven't been posting on here as regularly as usual. I've just noticed my reputation is at -104, someone has been down voting nearly every post I've made for months.

Very annoying that someone thinks that's a great use of their time, sad bastard whoever it is.

I was hugely tempted to downvote this :P

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, swede said:

I haven't been posting on here as regularly as usual. I've just noticed my reputation is at -104, someone has been down voting nearly every post I've made for months.

Very annoying that someone thinks that's a great use of their time, sad bastard whoever it is.

I went with my first thought and up voted your post. It's a drop in the ocean, but it's a start.

2 hours ago, swede said:

Its more sad you are actually bothered about it lol

Edited by Barry Fish

6 hours ago, swede said:

If I could see your previous posts, which I don't know how to do, I'd be able to see who was down voting you. I think I'll try to have a bash at finding out for you, or do you know who it is already?

Well, I've gone through two pages of your posts and there does appear to be one main person doing it. I don't know how representative two pages is though. I also don't know if you want to know or not? If you do then you'll understand that it would be via a PM and not publicly - because I don't know if I steaming in where I shouldn't.