Barry Fish

Things that annoy you ?

5 hours ago, fred quimby said:

People keeping cats as pets is supposedly is reducing the amount of the bird population in the UK, one of those introducing too many predators into an environment un-naturally. Whether they are just killing the weak that would die anyway is the other side of the debate.

They're difficult to stop too. We used to put a bell on ours but she could still move without ringing it.

I love cats but I love seeing the birds too. A neighbour's cat tries to get at the nests in our hedge :(

Edited by feral chile

7 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I have 3 at the moment (too many, I know) and the amount of bird carcasses I have found in my house over the last month is disturbing.

3! We don't have a cat now, our last cat lived till 20 and I'm still missing her. I can't go through it again. Plus it'd probably outlive us!

16 hours ago, feral chile said:

3! We don't have a cat now, our last cat lived till 20 and I'm still missing her. I can't go through it again. Plus it'd probably outlive us!

They're not actually mine. I'm looking after them for a friend for a year. Got her dog too! It's far too many animals but her daughter is animal mad.

I love dogs but I really like cats. My cat died a few years back and I really do miss him and his little ways. It's nice having pets around at the moment but as I said, it's quite a lot to look after for one person.

We have a cat and did bugger all for our mouse problem last year. He stared at the place we knew they were getting in, but that's as much action as he takes.

Not brought anything back for a while, but he is a bugger for frogs! Brings them back live and unharmed. The first one he brought back was into the conservatory where we found said frog sat in his water bowl. No idea if cat put him there or he jumped in himself. Trouble is I hate frogs more than mice. Kids have to deal with them and take to nearby brook.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slash's hat said:

We have a cat and did bugger all for our mouse problem last year. He stared at the place we knew they were getting in, but that's as much action as he takes.

Not brought anything back for a while, but he is a bugger for frogs! Brings them back live and unharmed. The first one he brought back was into the conservatory where we found said frog sat in his water bowl. No idea if cat put him there or he jumped in himself. Trouble is I hate frogs more than mice. Kids have to deal with them and take to nearby brook.

I love cats, but one thing to consider is they like to bring you live gifts. So cats might be the source of a mouse problem if the furry little rodent escapes the cat.

patience. It annoys me.

It's like being 19 again and waiting for the always-unreliable man.

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

patience. It annoys me.

It's like being 219 again and waiting for the always-unreliable man.

I'm told it's a virtue :)

25 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I'm told it's a virtue :)

i'm not very virtuous. :P 

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

man-flu

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Man flu is real. I hope that you pull through. 

Speaking as someone who can't handle colds, never mind flu, I share these sentiments wholeheartedly.

Get better soon xx

Tamping.

Hidden disability must be like a broken leg, apparently.

Twice now.

I've seen a lovely outfit online that would really suit me.

Then discovered it's a Halloween costume.

And a lovely pair of glittery boots.

In children's sizes. Under 11's.

• Upvote 1

Aargh!

Episode 2 of the dreaded dentist!

The receptionist called yesterday. I missed my final fitting due to illness. They want the money. My teeth hurt I say. Too bad they say. But my teeth hurt with the denture out, so it's a torture device, I say. Aha so it's not the denture. Pay up they say. I will as soon as my mouth is sorted so I can get the final fitting I say.

Can't have further treatment till you finish your current treatment they say.

But I complained about my tooth before you extracted a completely different tooth so I ended up needing a denture, I say. How come you can move on but I can't? 

And round and round and round.

Slowfade....today. I'm £195 lighter, still hurts to bite. Nothing wrong on xray, no gum disease or tartar buildup. Just lump it, they say. They did confirm that I complained about pain a year ago.

They clearly thought I was making it up to avoid paying for my denture at first.

Aaaargh!!!@!!

Edited by feral chile

3 hours ago, feral chile said:

Aargh!

Episode 2 of the dreaded dentist!

The receptionist called yesterday. I missed my final fitting due to illness. They want the money. My teeth hurt I say. Too bad they say. But my teeth hurt with the denture out, so it's a torture device, I say. Aha so it's not the denture. Pay up they say. I will as soon as my mouth is sorted so I can get the final fitting I say.

Can't have further treatment till you finish your current treatment they say.

But I complained about my tooth before you extracted a completely different tooth so I ended up needing a denture, I say. How come you can move on but I can't? 

And round and round and round.

Slowfade....today. I'm £195 lighter, still hurts to bite. Nothing wrong on xray, no gum disease or tartar buildup. Just lump it, they say. They did confirm that I complained about pain a year ago.

They clearly thought I was making it up to avoid paying for my denture at first.

Aaaargh!!!@!!

Hello feral,

There are some nice dentists around, but then again, there would appear to me to be a whole load more just interested in the money. They're not like doctors, your dentist, as with them, it does seem to be mostly about profit. I'd put them up there with estate agents.

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

There are some nice dentists around, but then again, there would appear to me to be a whole load more just interested in the money. They're not like doctors, your dentist, as with them, it does seem to be mostly about profit. I'd put them up there with estate agents.

I now have a rather unpleasant  and expensive drawer ornament.

I phoned ttrading standards, who told me what to do. But since no other dentists are taking on nhs patients, I'm not sure I want to piss them off.

I actually had a massive rant yesterday without my sarcasm filter, and said it was all about money with them.

Edited by feral chile

43 minutes ago, feral chile said:

I now have a rather unpleasant  and expensive drawer ornament.

I phoned ttrading standards, who told me what to do. But since no other dentists are taking on nhs patients, I'm not sure I want to piss them off.

I actually had a massive rant yesterday without my sarcasm filter, and said it was all about money with them.

My dad nutted a dentist once, when I was just a kid. The dentist 'hit a nerve' and that was that. He must have been a bit of a bastard, because the receptionists were all on my dad's side.

On 10/20/2018 at 1:05 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My dad nutted a dentist once, when I was just a kid. The dentist 'hit a nerve' and that was that. He must have been a bit of a bastard, because the receptionists were all on my dad's side.

I must have missed this. I feel really aggressive too, I think our fight/flight mechanism doesn't take kindly to someone looming over us forcing a fist and sharp objects into our mouths!

In other news, my kindle hates me, ignores genuine typos and changes perfectly typed words into insults.

It called me pedantic just now, the bastard!

Edited by feral chile