Barry Fish

Things that annoy you ?

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if they annoy you, just think how I feel about it. ;)

Yeah I feel sorry for you at the minute, hopefully you can get rid of them. 

5 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Yeah I feel sorry for you at the minute, hopefully you can get rid of them. 

the korean spammers are by-far the worst I've encountered - they've been relentless a few times before.

As a consequence of previous attacks much of SE Asia's IP addresses are blocked, tho of course I can only really block addresses as they use them, and they keep finding new ways thru.

Hopefully they'll give up soonish.

15 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Always said you were too good for them.

Never nice and only time heals that

Guess so but I work with her haha and have F1 tickets that were for her birthday. 

6 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

being dumped :(

I was dumped for the first (and only) time (quite a few years ago now) in a very unceremonious manner. The lady in question (who I'd been going out with / living with for 5 years) just turned around and told me, out of the blue, that she'd found someone else, and that he was coming around that evening to collect her and some of her stuff. 

Anyway, turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me relationship wise. Gone was the abusing sociopath out of my life. To this day I don't know why I put up with her behaviour throughout our relationship. Anyway, I then spent a certain number of years on my own (7!!!). Then I met my now wife, the real person that I'd been searching for all my life. Had I not been dumped I'd never have got together with her.

PS - While spending that 7 years on my own, I discovered (in 2011) efestivals. I'd not have done that had I not been on my own bored out of my mind.

So, being dumped, can be for the better.

Hope that you can see it that way, and that you are not too down. Just think, summer's here and you are a free spirit. Not a bad position to be in!

All the best.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was dumped for the first (and only) time (quite a few years ago now) in a very unceremonious manner. The lady in question (who I'd been going out with / living with for 5 years) just turned around and told me, out of the blue, that she'd found someone else, and that he was coming around that evening to collect her and some of her stuff. 

Anyway, turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me relationship wise. Gone was the abusing sociopath out of my life. To this day I don't know why I put up with her behaviour throughout our relationship. Anyway, I then spent a certain number of years on my own (7!!!). Then I met my now wife, the real person that I'd been searching for all my life. Had I not been dumped I'd never have got together with her.

PS - While spending that 7 years on my own, I discovered (in 2011) efestivals. I'd not have done that had I not been on my own bored out of my mind.

So, being dumped, can be for the better.

Hope that you can see it that way, and that you are not too down. Just think, summer's here and you are a free spirit. Not a bad position to be in!

All the best.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm sorry to hear about the way you were treated, even if it did end up being a good thing, still horrible to go through that sort of break up.

So far we're both okay with each other and haven't fallen out so that's one thing I guess.

42 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Thanks for the kind words and I'm sorry to hear about the way you were treated, even if it did end up being a good thing, still horrible to go through that sort of break up.

So far we're both okay with each other and haven't fallen out so that's one thing I guess.

Happy to hear that you both haven't fallen out. It really is unpleasant when it goes down that road.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, pryce said:

Mortgages, Solicitors, buying a house

argghhhhhhhhhh

Yes, that's a great stress inducing combo, that one.

You have my every sympathy.

Not sure if you are planning on using removals people when you do buy your house. If you are, then choose wisely, which doesn't necessarily mean the very cheapest. I have only used a removals company once, and went for the cheapest (£200 less than their competitor) and boy oh boy did I regret it. 

3 hours ago, pryce said:

Mortgages, Solicitors, buying a house

argghhhhhhhhhh

I absolutely dread this, not that I'm anywhere close to any of those yet.

A young solicitor was buying my last house last August. Boy was he dragging it out and playing the game. Making me jump through all sorts of hoops etc. The when it was finally time for him to pay up he got in touch with the estate agent and indicated that he wanted to drop the price by £9.5K because of the works that needed doing to the house (in his builders inflated opinion). I knew that he was going to do this, because it's an old method of making people drop their price - torture them with minute detail, drag it on and on, and then hit them with a major price reduction when they are on their last legs.

So, the estate agent told me that he wanted to drop the price by £9.5K. However, I was prepared. I had known his name and what type of job he did (he was a solicitor. He was using another solicitor for conveyancing because they can't do it themselves). Anyway, I wrote back to the estate agent and told her that unless he came back at the agreed price within 24 hours, then I'd put the price up by £3.5K, not drop it by £9.5K. I also told her that I expected better of Mr X, what with him being an employee of XYZ. I also knew that he'd been renting accommodation for over a year, and was as much in need of stopping that rental loss (when it could have paid a mortgage).

Net result - he capitulated and the next day agreed to pay the originally agreed sum. 

Best hand of poker I've ever played that one.

Would I have gone all the way back to the beginning and wasted a full year of it being on the market? I certainly couldn't afford to as I literally had about £50 left to my name, or thereabouts. However, I would have done it. No fucker will 'blackmail' me, ever. I would rather cut off my own nose to spite my face than give in to that kind of shit.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick