WWE

lharris92

1 hour ago, Goer190 said:

Surely it's gonna have to be some sort of multi man match at Mania, can't see any possible singles matches.

The road to 'mania starts at Rumble and that was less than a week ago. There's plenty of time (there is still two PPVs before 'mania) to build a feud with someone but tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it is AJ vs Bryan. AJ is contract negotiations at the moment and there's a snag as apparently after a lighter schedule so WWE might be giving him a title match at 'mania to keep him sweet and away from AEW. I can easily see him going to AEW, they are offering good money with less dates and AJ has connections with them and fits their style. He's one of the few people who can use his own name there which would make him more attractive to them too.

48 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I saw this earlier, thought I’d share.

Dean Ambrose seems the obvious answer but I’ve seen a lot of people saying it’s Finn.

The big question is will AEW become another TNA or be a genuine competition for WWE in time?

A90428D5-2587-4699-811F-DDC34392E0B1.jpeg

I don't think they can approach Finn as he's under contracted, if they approached a contracted WWE star then WWE can run through AEW through the courts for ages. Nakamura and AJ both have expiring contracts and are already have connections to the guys in AEW so I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of them.

Edited by jump

4 hours ago, jump said:

I don't think they can approach Finn as he's under contracted, if they approached a contracted WWE star then WWE can run through AEW through the courts for ages. Nakamura and AJ both have expiring contracts and are already have connections to the guys in AEW so I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of them.

I don't consider Nakamura big time WWE superstar. AJ could be, especially if wants less travel and a lighter schedule. 

49 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

I don't consider Nakamura big time WWE superstar. AJ could be, especially if wants less travel and a lighter schedule. 

It doesn't really matter if they are big time or not as it's all part of the hype at this point until the name has dropped. Tbh I'd consider Nakamura bigger than Finn.

Dolph Ziggler is another one with a contract coming up, also I think Matt Hardy's is technically free to sign but he has a backstage role at WWE atm.  

On 2/7/2019 at 1:10 AM, luckysalt said:

Just saw Impact are announcing on Friday [on Impact] a former World Champion [in impact] returning to the company in April. 

Very strange they won't be returning until April... 

People are thinking Aries, RVD or Storm, but can't see why they would be held off until April unless its an injury. 

RVD & Sabu v Lucha Bros. Should be a fun match! 

3 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Apparently Nia vs Dean at a live event is on the way.

I wonder why Ambrose wants to leave WWE when they are giving him stuff like this lol

It's official Omega has turned down WWE to join AEW. The first AEW PPV looks promising, Jericho vs Omega, Neville/Pac vs Page and The Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros. 

4 hours ago, jump said:

I wonder why Ambrose wants to leave WWE when they are giving him stuff like this lol

It's official Omega has turned down WWE to join AEW. The first AEW PPV looks promising, Jericho vs Omega, Neville/Pac vs Page and The Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros. 

I would argue they are giving him stuff like this because he is leaving. 

I personally don’t see anything in Nia, they are trying to make her the next Chyna, but she isn’t close to that level

47 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I would argue they are giving him stuff like this because he is leaving. 

I personally don’t see anything in Nia, they are trying to make her the next Chyna, but she isn’t close to that level

Nah they have always given him rubbish, at one point he had a potted plant called Mitch as his sidekick.

Edited by jump

Nia is currently the worse thing on Raw, no charisma, reckless worker and below average in ring.

Fans boo her not because she's a heel, but because they genuinely know that she sucks and is there because of her family. 

I reckon Nia get's a lot of attention as she's on Total Divas. Even with the "Women's revolution" WWE have always made sure one of the women wrestlers who gets screen time on Raw/Smackdown is from Total Divas and with the Bellas part time now, Naomi having had her push (she's is a tremendous talent tho), Nattie being a safe hand rather than a headliner and Paige retired now there's no else to highlight from there atm. 

Apparently it's bullshit anyway and WWE have said it's not happening.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I actually agree with them using people like Nia as I think its important to show that female bodies come in all shapes and sizes rather than selling an unobtainable dream to all females. I just feel there must be better bigger females around. 

I'm not sure if you're implying it or not but no one is saying she's shit because she's big, they are saying she's shit because she's shit. WWE doesn't really hire models and turn into wrestlers like they use to, they go for athletes first and turn them into wrestlers. There's still a few leftover from those days like Mandy Rose & Lana but newer recruits like Belair & Alexa Bliss etc were hired from body building and crossfit contests. 

Awesome Kong (used to be called Kharma in WWE), Viper and Aja Kong spring to mind as bigger wrestlers. They have hired Jazzy Gabert (she was in the Mae Young Classic) who has a Chyna vibe about her, 6ft+ and built like a brick shithouse, although I'm expecting her to be an evil foreigner when she debuts.

24 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm not sure if you're implying it or not but no one is saying she's shit because she's big, they are saying she's shit because she's shit. WWE doesn't really hire models and turn into wrestlers like they use to, they go for athletes first and turn them into wrestlers. There's still a few leftover from those days like Mandy Rose & Lana but newer recruits like Belair & Alexa Bliss etc were hired from body building and crossfit contests. 

Awesome Kong (used to be called Kharma in WWE), Viper and Aja Kong spring to mind as bigger wrestlers. They have hired Jazzy Gabert (she was in the Mae Young Classic) who has a Chyna vibe about her, 6ft+ and built like a brick shithouse, although I'm expecting her to be an evil foreigner when she debuts.

Im not implying peoples views are related to her size,  just stating a fact that I think they should have female wrestlers who are different sizes particularly if they are trying to appeal to more young females.  WWE may not hire models but the average female still cannot look like your average WWE female wrestler. If WWE can find better then they absolutely should.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Im not implying peoples views are related to her size,  just stating a fact that I think they should have female wrestlers who are different sizes particularly if they are trying to appeal to more young females.  WWE may not hire models but the average female still cannot look like your average WWE female wrestler. If WWE can find better then they absolutely should.

The same argument can be said about the men's division, even the tiny 205 guys are jacked. 

I do remember watching WWE a few weeks ago and my girlfriend glanced at it (she fucking hates wrestling) and then she was surprised that Bayley had some bellyfat that was noticeable when was in a certain position in the ring and made a comment about how she thought they were all so suppose to be skinny as fuck.

6 hours ago, jump said:

The same argument can be said about the men's division, even the tiny 205 guys are jacked. 

I do remember watching WWE a few weeks ago and my girlfriend glanced at it (she fucking hates wrestling) and then she was surprised that Bayley had some bellyfat that was noticeable when was in a certain position in the ring and made a comment about how she thought they were all so suppose to be skinny as fuck.

I think the mens division would also benefit from a bit more variety. However I think younger females feel a bit more pressure than males to look a certain way.

10 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think the mens division would also benefit from a bit more variety. However I think younger females feel a bit more pressure than males to look a certain way.

You have some strange views on the women's division at times, one moment you talk about how they need more bra and panties matches since no one is interested in women's wrestling and then talk about how they need more fat women so girls wont feel bad about never being in shape.

Raw is screwy again. On one hand The Revival are finally getting to be the tag champs but are gonna be left in the situation of not having anyone to have great matches with, the bulk of the talented tag teams are on Smackdown who themselves are left with nothing to do since Shane and Miz are champs. Ambrose and Elias have just turned for seemingly no reason after just turning a few months ago. The anticipated headline 'mania match between Ronda and Becky of who is the baddest and best has now been turned into Becky vs The McMahons with Charlotte being their avatar during the Ronda match.

11 minutes ago, jump said:

You have some strange views on the women's division at times, one moment you talk about how they need more bra and panties matches since no one is interested in women's wrestling and then talk about how they need more fat women so girls wont feel bad about never being in shape.

I think there is room for a bit of everything. I think WWE is at its best when there is more variety.

So many people getting worked by this Charlotte stuff and it is hilarious :lol: 

Charlotte is the best female athlete WWE has ever seen and makes any match she is in better. This will be no different. I like her inclusion. She’s there to take all of the boos off Ronda and be the corporate heel. Becky is going to be in the match and she is going to close out Mania with the title, there’s no doubt about that. They’ve gone full Austin on Becky and it’ll be a great moment come April. 

Im looking forward to Becky beating the crap out of Ric Flair at his birthday celebration on RAW in a couple of weeks. I’ve always, always hated him and love whenever he gets a good hiding from someone. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

So many people getting worked by this Charlotte stuff and it is hilarious :lol: 

Charlotte is the best female athlete WWE has ever seen and makes any match she is in better. This will be no different. I like her inclusion. She’s there to take all of the boos off Ronda and be the corporate heel. Becky is going to be in the match and she is going to close out Mania with the title, there’s no doubt about that. They’ve gone full Austin on Becky and it’ll be a great moment come April. 

Im looking forward to Becky beating the crap out of Ric Flair at his birthday celebration on RAW in a couple of weeks. I’ve always, always hated him and love whenever he gets a good hiding from someone. 

I disagree as I was looking forward to a contest of alpha females between Becky and Ronda, it was simple and hyped enough that it worked already but with Charlotte's inclusion it means that match is not happening now and with rumours of Ronda leaving after 'mania it looks like it wont happen at all. If there's a follow in the next PPV with Becky vs Ronda then yeah great, have Charlotte in there too.

It'll probably be a waste of Ronda's undefeated streak, I'd rather see it in an one on one match rather than a triple threat with excuses. It'd be like the first Rock vs Austin 'mania match and all of a sudden they include Triple H or Kane just so they can take the pin.

I wouldn't personally say Charlotte is the best ever, don't get me wrong as she's fantastic but she has had a few dud matches (with Carmella and Ruby Riot) unlike Sasha Banks who always seems to get great matches from everyone. Then again I'm a mark for Sasha and personally I'd rate her as the best from the current women's division.

5 hours ago, jump said:

It'll probably be a waste of Ronda's undefeated streak, I'd rather see it in an one on one match rather than a triple threat with excuses. It'd be like the first Rock vs Austin 'mania match and all of a sudden they include Triple H or Kane just so they can take the pin.

I would say its slightly different as they had a strong heel in the Rock V Austin match. I personally think putting Charlotte in makes the match better as she can play the heel role.  Im  not as keen on the build up, it looks too much of a rip off of Austin v Vince, but I dont watch Raw so maybe I am missing something.