WWE

lharris92

3 minutes ago, jump said:

Being in a feud with Bray means nothing, he's probably the best example of WWE not being able to make talent into stars. 

It means no less than being in a feud with Orton, rusev, Mysterio, Ambrose, Owens, Balor Joe or anyone else that position on the card. I think only feuding with Brock, Cena or Reigns really elevates someone

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It means no less than being in a feud with Orton, rusev, Mysterio, Ambrose, Owens, Balor Joe or anyone else that position on the card. I think only feuding with Brock, Cena or Reigns really elevates someone

Nah, Mysterio last few matches has helped push Andrade where Bray has just become irrelevant. At this point Bray needs wins more than the likes of Keith Lee, Kassuis Ohno or whatever random NXT guy gets called up.

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Daniel Bryan's vegan title belt is PENG.  

What does everyone think will be the WWE title match at Mania? 

That promo about the belt and the crowd were brilliant. He brings out a trashcan and the crowd chants "RECYLCE" at him and then crowd chant "THANK YOU DAISY" when he tells the story.

It'll probably be AJ and Bryan again. Unless there's someone like Cena is coming back or a new signing like Omega I can't see who it can be as there aren't many suitable faces. Miz will be with/fighting Shane, Mustafa would be too rushed, Mysterio/Hardy is possible but they don't seem built up enough. I'd fancy someone from New Day to take him on as they are perfect opposite to him, which might be the reason why he's recruited Rowan as New Day would outnumber him which isn't really a face thing to do.

The US title and Rusev was a fucking joke last night!

1 minute ago, jump said:

That promo about the belt and the crowd were brilliant. He brings out a trashcan and the crowd chants "RECYLCE" at him and then crowd chant "THANK YOU DAISY" when he tells the story.

It'll probably be AJ and Bryan again. Unless there's someone like Cena is coming back or a new signing like Omega I can't see who it can be as there aren't many suitable faces. Miz will be with/fighting Shane, Mustafa would be too rushed, Mysterio/Hardy is possible but they don't seem built up enough. I'd fancy someone from New Day to take him on as they are perfect opposite to him, which might be the reason why he's recruited Rowan as New Day would outnumber him which isn't really a face thing to do.

The US title and Rusev was a fucking joke last night!

If it wasn't for Orton being heel I would have a horrible feeling that he would be facing Bryan. 

49 minutes ago, jump said:

I'd fancy someone from New Day to take him on as they are perfect opposite to him, which might be the reason why he's recruited Rowan as New Day would outnumber him which isn't really a face thing to do.

I know WWE consider the smackdown title the inferior one. I think sticking a mid carder from new day is taking it too far. I think the best option is to stick AJ v Bryan.

46 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I know WWE consider the smackdown title the inferior one. I think sticking a mid carder from new day is taking it too far. I think the best option is to stick AJ v Bryan.

It's unfair to label the New Day as mid-carders, they are one of the biggest draws in the company but they happen to be in the tag division. They are one of the company's biggest merch sellers (allegedly they have sold the most merch at multiple 'manias), they have been over for years now, represent the company outside the of the ring and they are also able to reach multiple audiences (they are big with the black community, geekdom and kids) whilst a lot of other wrestlers aren't able to that.

Big E and Kofi are more than capable of putting on a great show with Bryan and the road to 'mania is a perfect time to position them as a mean event fraction rather than a tag team.

The feud writes itself, Bryan complains about waste and New Day throw pancakes around, Bryan hates consumerism and New Day sell the tackiest shit from light up unicorn horns to Booty Os, Bryan is very serious and New Day are very goofy etc.

Edited by jump

46 minutes ago, jump said:

It's unfair to label the New Day as mid-carders, they are one of the biggest draws in the company but they happen to be in the tag division. They are one of the company's biggest merch sellers (allegedly they have sold the most merch at multiple 'manias), they have been over for years now, represent the company outside the of the ring and they are also able to reach multiple audiences (they are big with the black community, geekdom and kids) whilst a lot of other wrestlers aren't able to that.

Big E and Kofi are more than capable of putting on a great show with Bryan and the road to 'mania is a perfect time to position them as a mean event fraction rather than a tag team.

The feud writes itself, Bryan complains about waste and New Day throw pancakes around, Bryan hates consumerism and New Day sell the tackiest shit from light up unicorn horns to Booty Os, Bryan is very serious and New Day are very goofy etc.

I dont agree at all. The term mid carder is probably unfair but the perception is that they are not main eventers. I dont think any have ever main evented a ppv apart from the multiple person ones such as elimination chamber, Hell in the cell, survivor series etc. This is not a normal show its their biggest one of the year, Styles is perceived by the audience as a main eventer and New day are not. It would probably take several months to build them up. but you still wouldnt take this gamble outside one of the smaller monthly shows.

To give the smackdown title credibility it needs to be treated at the same level as the raw title.  We know the raw title would never put someone outisde the main event in the title match, the smackdown title therefore has to be treated the same.  it has to be Styles v Bryan in my view due to lack of alternatives. The feud you write could work, but its not a mania main even feud.

52 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I dont agree at all. The term mid carder is probably unfair but the perception is that they are not main eventers. I dont think any have ever main evented a ppv apart from the multiple person ones such as elimination chamber, Hell in the cell, survivor series etc. This is not a normal show its their biggest one of the year, Styles is perceived by the audience as a main eventer and New day are not. It would probably take several months to build them up. but you still wouldnt take this gamble outside one of the smaller monthly shows.

To give the smackdown title credibility it needs to be treated at the same level as the raw title.  We know the raw title would never put someone outisde the main event in the title match, the smackdown title therefore has to be treated the same.  it has to be Styles v Bryan in my view due to lack of alternatives. The feud you write could work, but its not a mania main even feud.

Neither the men's Smackdown or Raw main event title will be main eventing, that's going to Ronda and Lynch. There's been others like The Miz who's first headlined PPV was at (properly headlining) 'mania and tbh even AJ and Bryan rarely headline a PPV. For this scenario it's less are they main eventers or are they stars which they very much are.

The Raw title literally just had a mid card challenger for it, it wasn't even that long ago Kane was challenging for it too and given how rarely it's actually defend that says lot.

Edited by jump

17 minutes ago, jump said:

Neither the men's Smackdown or Raw main event title will be main eventing, that's going to Ronda and Lynch. There's been others like The Miz who's first headlined PPV was at (properly headlining) 'mania and tbh even AJ and Bryan rarely headline a PPV. For this scenario it's less are they main eventers or are they stars which they very much are.

The Raw title literally just had a mid card challenger for it, it wasn't even that long ago Kane was challenging for it too.

The womans match will go on last, but they will treat the 3 matches as main event.  This is mania its not just another show, can you think of them ever doing something similar at Mania? Miz was already world champion when he was in the title match. I cant remember them ever plucking a random challenger, they probably have but the fact I cant remember suggests it probably didnt end well.

Edited by pink_triangle

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The womans match will go on last, but they will treat the 3 matches as main event.  This is mania its not just another show, can you think of them ever doing something similar at Mania? Miz was already world champion when he was in the title match. I cant remember them ever plucking a random challenger, they probably have but the fact I cant remember suggests it probably didnt end well.

What do you mean by random? Without build up has been done before like with Cena in the Edge vs Big Show match or a fresh challenger like Nakamura who still hasn't headlined a PPV?

1 minute ago, jump said:

What do you mean by random? Without build up has been done before like with Cena in the Edge vs Big Show match or a fresh challenger like Nakamura who still hasn't headlined a PPV?

More parachuting someone in without having treated them as a main eventer up to the rumble.  Nakamura challenged for the world title the previous summerslam, was built up as a contender for the rumble and then won the rumble.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

More parachuting someone in without having treated them as a main eventer up to the rumble.  Nakamura challenged for the world title the previous summerslam, was built up as a contender for the rumble and then won the rumble.

Nakamura wasn't built up strong before the Rumble, he challenged for the title at Summerslam but that's about it.  He was the first one eliminated at the Survivor Series, lost in the first round of the Mixed Match Challenge, lost that PPV tag match against Owens and Zayn so they could keep their jobs etc. 

7 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Itami is leaving WWE now as well. I remember when he came in the hype for him, absolutely utterly misused by WWE. 

In fairness he spent a lot of time injured. It's a shame they never had him go up against CM Punk (I think he joined just before Punk left?) over who has the right to use Go To Sleep or win the NXT/Cruiserweight belt.

4 hours ago, jump said:

Nakamura wasn't built up strong before the Rumble, he challenged for the title at Summerslam but that's about it.  He was the first one eliminated at the Survivor Series, lost in the first round of the Mixed Match Challenge, lost that PPV tag match against Owens and Zayn so they could keep their jobs etc. 

Well it certainly wasn't a rock/Austin/Cena push. However fighting for the world title at SummerSlam and winning the Rumble, is a big step up from never fighting for the world title and not getting close to winning the Rumble.

The closest I can think in terms of big jump to the main event was JBL, but that was a completely different character and he wasn't parachuted into one of the huge shows. You could look at tag guys like Booker, Steiner, Edge, hardy etc, but they won mid card single titles first.

The small chance New Day had to fight for the title at Mania ended the day they didnt win the rumble.

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Itami is leaving WWE now as well. I remember when he came in the hype for him, absolutely utterly misused by WWE. 

I think it's one of those situations where nobody is at fault. He was injured at a bad time and got overtaken by others. I suspect if he stayed fit he would have panned out differently.

25 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Well it certainly wasn't a rock/Austin/Cena push. However fighting for the world title at SummerSlam and winning the Rumble, is a big step up from never fighting for the world title and not getting close to winning the Rumble.

The closest I can think in terms of big jump to the main event was JBL, but that was a completely different character and he wasn't parachuted into one of the huge shows. You could look at tag guys like Booker, Steiner, Edge, hardy etc, but they won mid card single titles first.

The small chance New Day had to fight for the title at Mania ended the day they didnt win the rumble.

There's been plenty of wrestlers who have had sudden big pushes from nowhere Jinder Mahal, Mark Henry etc. An example that comes to mind is Eddie Guerrero, a few months before 'mania he was in Los Guerreros, the PPV before 'mania he wins the belt (on his first ever title shot I believe?) and then goes into 'mania as champ.

Both Big E and Kofi have held single gold before.

At t he end of the day The New Day are stars and the feud with Bryan makes perfect sense. The bigger question as to if this would happen isn't would WWE start pushing people but would they risk ruining New Day by having it focussed on one member rather than the group?

17 minutes ago, jump said:

There's been plenty of wrestlers who have had sudden big pushes from nowhere Jinder Mahal, Mark Henry etc. 

None have had their first challenge at the biggest show of the year. I have no doubt your idea could be trialled at one of the smaller monthly shows.

20 minutes ago, jump said:
24 minutes ago, jump said:

. An example that comes to mind is Eddie Guerrero, a few months before 'mania he was in Los Guerreros, the PPV before 'mania he wins the belt (on his first ever title shot I believe?) and then goes into 'mania as champ.

Both Big E and Kofi have held single gold before.

His first title match wasn't in the biggest show though. He is probably the best comparison, but he held the secondary title the SummerSlam before. Big E and Kofi haven't held singles titles for years, the time isn't there to build them up

25 minutes ago, jump said:

At t he end of the day The New Day are stars and the feud with Bryan makes perfect sense. The bigger question as to if this would happen isn't would WWE start pushing people but would they risk ruining New Day by having it focussed on one member rather than the group?

The reason they wont headline is that they have a ready made headliner in Styles who be in the title match because of great talent and lack of alternatives. He is the safe option and I predict they will stay safe. It may make sense to you, but it is completely inconsistent with anything wwe have done in mania before. Things change, but I don't think this will be an example of change.

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

None have had their first challenge at the biggest show of the year. I have no doubt your idea could be trialled at one of the smaller monthly shows.

His first title match wasn't in the biggest show though. He is probably the best comparison, but he held the secondary title the SummerSlam before. Big E and Kofi haven't held singles titles for years, the time isn't there to build them up

The reason they wont headline is that they have a ready made headliner in Styles who be in the title match because of great talent and lack of alternatives. He is the safe option and I predict they will stay safe. It may make sense to you, but it is completely inconsistent with anything wwe have done in mania before. Things change, but I don't think this will be an example of change.

They've had Reigns challenge for the title on his first try at 'mania before.

You keep mentioning headlining even though you are one of the first on this site to shit on the idea anything not finishing last isn't the main event. They have even had the Smackdown title has opened 'mania before.

You do realise at no point have I ever said this is what's going to happen? Considering that this is a scripted show which allows for spur of the moment changes and sporting achievement that defy the odds it's kinda boring to expect only the routine events and shout down anything else.

14 minutes ago, jump said:

They've had Reigns challenge for the title on his first try at 'mania before.

After fighting in the main event of other ppv in the last year and winning the rumble. My main point is that wrestlers who have not done anything as single wrestlers over 12 months ever get put in a world title match at mania. Wwe booking would require split up and probably a mid card title, there isn't time.

19 minutes ago, jump said:

You keep mentioning headlining even though you are one of the first on this site to shit on the idea anything not finishing last isn't the main event. They have even had the Smackdown title has opened 'mania before.

Opening is a pretty good slot in a 5 hour show. I would be tempted to place Bryan v styles there. Both are worthy of headlining, but are of the statute that they belong in a title match anywhere on the card.

23 minutes ago, jump said:

You do realise at no point have I ever said this is what's going to happen? Considering that this is a scripted show which allows for spur of the moment changes and sporting achievement that defy the odds it's kinda boring to expect only the routine events and shout down anything else.

There's 30 plus years of evidence of the scripted show and the same man is in charge as was from year 1. It's not a case of shouting anything down, but a realisation of how Vince works.

I believe your idea could work fine on a non top 4 show. However in the number 1 show I think it looks weak. It would take probably 6 months build to get them to the level of strong contenders.

20 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

My main point is that wrestlers who have not done anything as single wrestlers over 12 months ever get put in a world title match at mania. Wwe booking would require split up and probably a mid card title, there isn't time.

Not true, as there was Savage vs Hogan. Hogan spent the entire year before in a tag team :P

18 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They can’t prolong AJ vs. Bryan until Mania. WWE haven’t done long, sprawling feuds well for a number of years and their rivalry is at the point that it needs to end for me. 

Surely it's gonna have to be some sort of multi man match at Mania, can't see any possible singles matches.