WWE

lharris92

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't think he is hated. I think it's just a case of the crowd going along with the show and booing the pantomime villain. The best heel in the wwe over the last year is Ciampa so they will probably bring him to the main roster as a babyface.

He's got people jumping over the barrier to get him which is old skool wrestling which hardly happens anymore.

Even if the crowd are going along with the shows that is still more than the other heels in the company.

I enjoyed the NXT takeover, but it wasn't the best one. There didn't seem to be a great build, but I also appreciate they are building to the mania show.

As always the tag match was great and I wish the main show could deliver those matches, I don't think it's due to lack of talent. The only problem I have with these NXT shows is I sometimes find the wrestlers/matches a bit samey. Fast paced, loads of high impact moves, every finish kicked out of etc.

Watched Takeover live at weekend and Rumble today.

Takeover, solid enough, great tag match, NA title match was spot city, over and over no one selling each others moves WHATSOEVER, until the very end spot, took away from the match for me. Rest of the card was just alright.

Onto Rumble, Asuka v Becky. Such a fantastic match, I was into it a lot, really did well here.

Tag Match, meh, was what it was, was never going to get anything amazing here, it was ok, I don't get this Miz storyline AT ALL, its stupid.

Ronda v Banks, first half of the match was dull, but it really picked up, Sasha had great feuds with Charlotte but has just been so vanilla since, but she sold really well in this match, I get they tried to tell a story with the injured arm, it was a decent match, I got into the finish, wouldn't like to see this become a feud however.

AJ v Bryan, hey, it was solid from these two, the crowd was absolutely DEAD though, took away from the match so much, the Rowan thing at the end, weak as FUCK finish, a chokeslam, jesus. Be interesting to see what they do with this partnership though moving forward.

Lesnar v Balor, I wasn't looking forward to this, I thought there would be lots of rest holds, but this was a great match, told a awesome story, only bad part was post finish Lesnar not selling his injury whatsoever, I mean wtf, did the bell cure you? I loved the finish as well prior to that.

Womens Rumble, WAY better than last year, some really nice spots, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Mens Rumble, fucking sucked. Well, maybe a bit harsh, theres been much worse, but it was overall a drag, some really stupid booking in here, I didn't like who was made to look strong and who wasn't, why the hell was Shelton in for so long? Nia Jax thing was fucking DUMB. I HATED it. Dunne and Black got a little bit of action but overall they were wasted, as was Gargano. 

Overall a decent PPV. I enjoyed it, lets see where we go with the Mania build. 

I really enjoyed the AJ v Bryan match. They started slowly, but built up as it progressed. Two very experience wrestlers who understand psychology and can do something a bit different.

Two rumbles is overkill as there is only so much you can do. I was disappointed by the surprise entrys. The inventive way to stop your feet hitting the ground is also getting old.

I think Rollins is a bad choice to main event mania. He does cool moves and has a cool look, but that is it. Poor understanding of psychology, mediocre on the mic and has already stunk out his previous big match of recent times. A lesnar v Rollins feud doesn't interest me at all.

I thought Rowan popping up at the end of the AJ Bryan was a bit weak, I was hoping that this was the end of the feud but another dodgy ending is likely to extend it. I suppose it depends on how they build on top of it, if it leads to a New Bryan-Wyatt family vs AJ with Gallows and Anderson for support I can get excited about it even thou this feud has been going on for ages.

I though the Men's rumble was lacking a few surprise spots, JJ was fine but Nia seemed like a boking decision from 10 years ago. It was a okish rumble tho and at least Rollins will be more relevant going forward than Orton or Nakamura.

Oddly I thought the Women's Rumble was booked better than last year with feuds from the past year connecting into it well, along with a good finish but I enjoyed last years more.

38 minutes ago, jump said:

As much as I enjoy AJ and Bryan it's been going on since Oct, it will be 6 months at 'mania but hopefully they can try a fresh angle with the feud.

I don't have a problem with it going more than 6 months. Look at the rumble match it was a very different match to what they have done before and will do after. They both knew their spot on the card, how the crowd were and were aware of the fact that the crowd needed something left for the last rumble match.  These 2 are good enough to makes things work, particularly if you add others into the mix.

Amazing watching how little heat Ambrose has got. I would have though with him having a break people would be interested to see him back, but the fans don't seem to be bothered at all. Also watching Gargano in the Rumble he looked really small, I don't know how different the average height is in NXT compared to the main roster, but I really noticed the difference.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't have a problem with it going more than 6 months. Look at the rumble match it was a very different match to what they have done before and will do after. They both knew their spot on the card, how the crowd were and were aware of the fact that the crowd needed something left for the last rumble match.  These 2 are good enough to makes things work, particularly if you add others into the mix.

Amazing watching how little heat Ambrose has got. I would have though with him having a break people would be interested to see him back, but the fans don't seem to be bothered at all. Also watching Gargano in the Rumble he looked really small, I don't know how different the average height is in NXT compared to the main roster, but I really noticed the difference.

Since Ambrose's turn they have tried to stick some really weird stuff on him like being a germ-phobe and his "swat" team which have just stunk. When he was staying quiet and just attacking Rollins he was more over. They never seem able to make the most of him when he's on a roll. 

51 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Maybe for the best, I'm not sure if it is the booking or him (or probably combination of both) but it isn't clicking.

In that case most of the roster will be gone then, its become the exception rather than the norm for them to actually click.

Thinking about it Dean Ambrose will be one of the harder people to replace as he's a guy that can jump from mid-card to main event or vice versa whilst being relevant as in can elevate those in the mid-card he faces but also looks legit with the main eventers.

5 hours ago, jump said:

In that case most of the roster will be gone then, its become the exception rather than the norm for them to actually click.

Thinking about it Dean Ambrose will be one of the harder people to replace as he's a guy that can jump from mid-card to main event or vice versa whilst being relevant as in can elevate those in the mid-card he faces but also looks legit with the main eventers.

I actually think the opposite. I think it’s the upper mid carders you need to get rid of, to make room for those coming from NXT. Getting rid of the likes of ascension, Titus, Dillinger etc  won’t make any difference.

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Ambrose, he's the closest they had to being the next Austin IMO. He just had that vibe about him, but they didn't let him be him and they pushed him below others. 

I still remain that that Rollins - Ambrose feud when Rollins was champion was bloody fantastic. 

His lunatic fringe thing made as little sense as Seth the architect. I don’t see any comparison with Austin who was a much (particularly before broken neck) wrestler and had way more charisma. 

28 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I actually think the opposite. I think it’s the upper mid carders you need to get rid of, to make room for those coming from NXT. Getting rid of the likes of ascension, Titus, Dillinger etc  won’t make any difference.

That's not really opposite to what I said. If you were to put a NXT call up straight into a main event PPV it'll likely fail as you haven't built them up. You need established talent like Ambrose to help build folk up which WWE is lacking.

29 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Ambrose, he's the closest they had to being the next Austin IMO. He just had that vibe about him, but they didn't let him be him and they pushed him below others. 

I still remain that that Rollins - Ambrose feud when Rollins was champion was bloody fantastic. 

I remember when he was in his feud with Rollins he did come across as a skinny Foley Austin love child. He really would have done well in the attitude era, being a lunatic in the PG era that doesn't work.

14 minutes ago, jump said:

That's not really opposite to what I said. If you were to put a NXT call up straight into a main event PPV it'll likely fail as you haven't built them up. You need established talent like Ambrose to help build folk up which WWE is lacking.

I actually think that is the part of the roster where they are stacked and they still have Bray and Owens to come back. 

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I actually think that is the part of the roster where they are stacked and they still have Bray and Owens to come back. 

Being in a feud with Bray means nothing, he's probably the best example of WWE not being able to make talent into stars.