WWE

lharris92

23 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ric Flair doesnt come out of the latest one smelling of roses

No one does really. RVD casually mentions how it's normal for wrestlers to use date rape drugs on the local girls, Tommy Dreamer comparing having a ponytail to being sexually assaulted, Lesnar flashing at women etc plus the scenes with the air stewardess were really sad.

One thing I think that was missed was Vince was on the plane the entire time and did nothing as it was all going on.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I watched that the other day. Definitely a hard watch. If you haven’t already, check out Jake on Joe Rogan. He mentions some of it there and it’s shocking but there’s also plenty of funny moments over the couple of hours. He’s a real interesting character and I was gripped the whole time. 

I'm never sue how to take Rogan. Sometimes I think he's cool, sometimes I thinks he's a knob and others I think he's just stoned.

Edited by jump

• 4 months later...

Royal Rumble time! I've had a look to see what I've missed in the last few months only to .find both Roman and Brock are champs, WWE never changes. lol

I'm surprised so many of the wrestlers have been announced already, someone like Micke James who's Impact champ or Lita should have just come out for the surprise value.

26 minutes ago, jump said:

Royal Rumble time! I've had a look to see what I've missed in the last few months only to .find both Roman and Brock are champs, WWE never changes. lol

I'm surprised so many of the wrestlers have been announced already, someone like Micke James who's Impact champ or Lita should have just come out for the surprise value.

My wwe consumption the past few years has been only the Rumble and Mania, but I still pick up on things online. I saw speculation that Mickie could win the Rumble, then go on to a champion v champion match at Mania. Would sound unbelievable, but AEW has put the wind up them, so they're looking for marketing gimmicks and industry friends. WWE women's champ goes over, everyone gets something out of it.

6 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

My wwe consumption the past few years has been only the Rumble and Mania, but I still pick up on things online. I saw speculation that Mickie could win the Rumble, then go on to a champion v champion match at Mania. Would sound unbelievable, but AEW has put the wind up them, so they're looking for marketing gimmicks and industry friends. WWE women's champ goes over, everyone gets something out of it.

I was thinking it would be more Mickie gets knocked out in 3 secs and then get laughed at as she is only the little league champ which is more WWE style. I'd love see Mickie win though, apart from her NXT matches with Asuka her last run was a bit shit. But there's too many options for the Women's match, rumours of Paige, Ronda, Asuka, Sasha Banks AND Bayley coming back plus Alexa Bliss or Rhea Ripley looks likely on the current active roster.

For the Men's Rumble, fuck knows. It looks like the plan was for a Brock vs Roman at 'mania before Roman got covid so one of them lose their title match and then win the Rumble? I'd love to see Big E win to cement him as a main eventer or maybe AJ just to add it to the list of his accomplishment. It's annoying as alot of the guys I've liked on the roster have all been released in the last year or two so I'm not sure who can jump to main eventer now, they will probably just bring Goldberg back to win. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

I was thinking it would be more Mickie gets knocked out in 3 secs and then get laughed at as she is only the little league champ which is more WWE style. I'd love see Mickie win though, apart from her NXT matches with Asuka her last run was a bit shit. But there's too many options for the Women's match, rumours of Paige, Ronda, Asuka, Sasha Banks AND Bayley coming back plus Alexa Bliss or Rhea Ripley looks likely on the current active roster.

Wouldn't put it past WWE to embarrass her (again), but I think with Mickie leaving under a bad PR cloud the last time (when they returned her locker contents in a bin bag) they might sort her out.

WWE's got one eye on Impact's library too.

The Bloodline will screw Brock out of the WWE Title, he will enter the Rumble later and win it to set up Roman vs. Brock part 54 at Mania for the Universal Title. 

Women’s Rumble, I think it’ll either be Lita who wins for one last hurrah or Ronda making her return to set up her vs. Becky 1v1 at Mania. 

It amazes me that this Brock-Roman feud has been going on and on and on for years now but I can’t actually describe it as there’s been no big moments. Maybe the first match with Rollins cashing in at ‘mania or Hayman switching to Brock but I’m struggling to think of what else.

Didn't watch it live, but reading peop2les reaction it sounds like an all time dud. I only keep up to date with WWE these days via recaps and what not, but even I called Lesnar losing the title then winning the Rumble. Gather the match itself was hopelessly booked and executed. Feel for Big E being thrown out like a jobber. Shane McMahon in the final 3? Seems like the two highlights were the celebrity appearances and Ivory rocking the RTC gimmick. The company is creatively (and morally) bankrupt. Haven't watched properly in a good few years but now I don't see myself ever watching a WWE show back to front again. 

Not knowing what was going on, it was confusing. Mostly trying to figure out who was face and who was heel in the men's and women's title matches. Feel sick whenever I see Shane McMahon shitting up the place. Great for commentary reminding us he hasn't been seen since last year's Mania, when he risked his life to do a big spot to make a guy they have since laid off seem big and tough. Incredible company.

Cutting back on the stars of the past will pay off in future years, when the surprises will mean more. Very amusing how flat most of the entrances were.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Cody Rhodes as WWE Champion incoming. 

Seen him live a lot over the years, as Randy's lad, Dashing, and even Stardust. But when I saw him carrying himself like a top guy, with his wife as his second, on a WCPW show, he really felt like something. Returning to WWE and becoming a top star there will prove him right for leaving aeons ago.

Imagine if he'd never left? A few gimmick changes, a few different tag teams, a 24/7 title run, then probably fired at some point over the past 2 years.

16 hours ago, Ozanne said:

It's quite unbelievable that Cody will return to WWE after all he's said about them, I guess money does talk though.

It's more the fact it seems a major reason for the fall out is Khan taking full reins of creative. Cody at least had creative control over his own character in AEW, now he's going to WWE where he'll be handed a script and that's that. He seems to care more for the Cody brand than anything else, but again in WWE its not about workers getting over, the only name value that's cared about is WWE. 

It seems Cody's recent booking of himself has been completely tone deaf and rather than some meta, long term heel turn he genuinely has been booking himself as some sort of face, Brandi too. Which is incredible really and long term I think it's a good thing for AEW he's left. If he genuinely didn't see any reason to turn full fledged heel given his recent run, then he really has lost touch with the current product. 

Cody going full Homelander-style heel would have been awesome. Him carrying on this quasi-tweener shtick would be a complete waste of airtime. I genuinely hope he lands on his feet in WWE but fear he'll be given an initial big push then will just disappear into the midcard ranks before the year is out.

6 hours ago, kingbadger said:

It's more the fact it seems a major reason for the fall out is Khan taking full reins of creative. Cody at least had creative control over his own character in AEW, now he's going to WWE where he'll be handed a script and that's that. He seems to care more for the Cody brand than anything else, but again in WWE its not about workers getting over, the only name value that's cared about is WWE. 

It seems Cody's recent booking of himself has been completely tone deaf and rather than some meta, long term heel turn he genuinely has been booking himself as some sort of face, Brandi too. Which is incredible really and long term I think it's a good thing for AEW he's left. If he genuinely didn't see any reason to turn full fledged heel given his recent run, then he really has lost touch with the current product. 

Cody going full Homelander-style heel would have been awesome. Him carrying on this quasi-tweener shtick would be a complete waste of airtime. I genuinely hope he lands on his feet in WWE but fear he'll be given an initial big push then will just disappear into the midcard ranks before the year is out.

My ideal bit of booking was Cody finally turning heel by hitting the Pedigree on Hangman as he beats him for the World Title, the heat would've been off the charts. Sadly that won't happen.

I can't see Cody being fulfilled creatively in WWE, unless you are Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar they barely bother.

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

My ideal bit of booking was Cody finally turning heel by hitting the Pedigree on Hangman as he beats him for the World Title, the heat would've been off the charts. Sadly that won't happen.

I can't see Cody being fulfilled creatively in WWE, unless you are Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar they barely bother.

Always thought that the last 12-18 months of his booking would actually go somewhere, but it's clear he's just been bumbling from one tone deaf story to another. The 50/50 booking and things like the Agogo farce was Cody indulging in his worst excesses, something the other VPs have managed to restrain themselves from doing for the most part. There's so much talent on the AEW roster that I think it'll do the company good to free up time for other workers to get some spotlight. 

On 2/16/2022 at 4:50 PM, Ozanne said:

It's quite unbelievable that Cody will return to WWE after all he's said about them, I guess money does talk though.

Not sure why you think that, there are loads of wrestlers who have said/done worse and come back. At the end of the day he is a businessman using his leverage to get the best deal possible.

I like Cody but not hugely so I won't miss him.

There's lots of talk of apparently Stone Cold is coming back. After the shit show with Shawn Michaels return match, Goldberg's various fucks ups, memories of Bret Hart vs Vince and 'taker's matches being painful to watch at the end my main thoughts on this are fuck no to be honest.

5 minutes ago, jump said:

There's lots of talk of apparently Stone Cold is coming back. After the shit show with Shawn Michaels return match, Goldberg's various fucks ups, memories of Bret Hart vs Vince and 'taker's matches being painful to watch at the end my main thoughts on this are fuck no to be honest.

I would sign up to the network just to watch this. I guess if they offer enough money he would be tempted.

20 minutes ago, jump said:

One thing Austin's got going for him is his match style. He could come back and work the exact same way he did after he broke his neck in the 90s. It's the charisma and what he projects that makes it.

57 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

One thing Austin's got going for him is his match style. He could come back and work the exact same way he did after he broke his neck in the 90s. It's the charisma and what he projects that makes it.

Agreed. The entrance and personality will be there. Used to love his podcast, hope it comes back one day.

2 hours ago, jump said:

The entrance and personality is one thing but they will give Austin 30 mins matches and it will show how out of it he his as they haven't learnt their lessons from all the old timers from the last few years. 

If that happens will it really matter in the long run? People will moan online, but their reputations will be intact and the wrestlers get a good payday. 

If Austin has a poor match it won't taint his legacy one bit. He will still be remembered as one of the great WWE wrestlers, for legendary feuds with Vince and Rock and (in my view) the greatest match of all time with Brett Hart.