WWE

lharris92

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I told my mate about this and sent him the pictures. He replied: “What’s the point in the ring on the roof?” and I had to agree :lol: 

I was assuming all the matches will be on the roof but only the MITB starts on the ground floor. 

Has anybody been watching Dark Side Of The Ring? Episodes like the Montreal Screwjob job are skippable as its been talked about to death but the others are really interesting, particularly the Benoit and Schultz episodes. It’s also amazing how Cornette comes off as sensible in these until he talks about wanting to murder Vince Russo.  

Edited by jump

3 hours ago, jump said:

Has anybody been watching Dark Side Of The Ring? Episodes like the Montreal Screwjob job are skippable as its been talked about to death but the others are really interesting, particularly the Benoit and Schultz episodes. It’s also amazing how Cornette comes off as sensible in these until he talks about wanting to murder Vince Russo.  

Yeah watched a few and found them really good. I'm surprised they put the Russo stuff in, like the Montreal Screjob, Cornette vs Russo has been heard a million times.

On 5/2/2020 at 4:45 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

Did i just read that the MITB matches are happening at the same time?

Yeah, it makes sense to me. They start at the beginning of the PPV and then you can cut in scenes between matches. They may as well make full use of the editing rather than just followIng guys on the stairs.

Not having Jeff Hardy in this is disappointing, he’s done the cinematic match thing before and I really want to see him swanton off the roof.

I mean its better than fucking Lesnar.. at least now I'm pretty interested in where they go with Otis.

I'm pretty sure he ain't winning a world title anytime soon, but I'm curious to see what they do. They could do something with Mandy (Mandy using the briefcase on Bayley? They could probably get away with saying thats allowed), with Mandy turning heel again. Or alternatively I'd like to see the briefcase change hands a few times, keep the suspense up a bit because people wouldn't know who would be cashing it in, never mind when.

2 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I mean its better than fucking Lesnar.. at least now I'm pretty interested in where they go with Otis.

I'm pretty sure he ain't winning a world title anytime soon, but I'm curious to see what they do. They could do something with Mandy (Mandy using the briefcase on Bayley? They could probably get away with saying thats allowed), with Mandy turning heel again. Or alternatively I'd like to see the briefcase change hands a few times, keep the suspense up a bit because people wouldn't know who would be cashing it in, never mind when.

He's going to get done over by a heel. No way Otis cashes in.

It's either gonna be a wedding special (as Vince loves them) where he cashes in at the ceremony and becomes champ just to lose it a week later or Mandy costs him it whilst turning heel.

Tbh I'd like to see Otis as Champ, he has personality beyond prize fighter or tough guy. One of the things I didn't like about Kofi's reign was they never embraced the New Day-ness of it and just had him as a straight baby face fighting champ.

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

Thought the main event was good, lot of fun and different. Much better than seeing a match without an audience. Otis is great, funny in a childish way but done well enough to still be a good laugh for adults. Perfect for WWE really

I hated it and when you think about it a little bit it really made no sense. Loved the Boneyard, should have tried for something like that again.

Huge news coming out of WWE Raw tonight, Congratulations to Becky and Seth.

8 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I hated it and when you think about it a little bit it really made no sense. Loved the Boneyard, should have tried for something like that again.

Huge news coming out of WWE Raw tonight, Congratulations to Becky and Seth.

I'm not sure you can criticise the MITB main event for not making sense and then saying you loved the boneyard match.

They are both very over the top and not to be analysed for realism (I could say the same about wrestling in general).

Edited by CRW5252

My biggest complaint about the MITB match was the Doink cameo was shit, you can tell it wasn't him and he was still wearing his office shirt. I do think they missed a trick by not going into the storage area and making use of the old props and stages.

I could see people complaining they miss the ladder match aspect of MITB such as the high flying spots but as an one off diversion it worked for me. 

Edited by jump

I have read a few times now that apparently the plan is for Otis to use the MITB to cash in and win the tag titles.

Would be a bit of an anticlimax and would take some explaining but doable I guess. Will need to listen out to commentary over the coming weeks to see whether they have changed it from "world title shot" to "title shot".

15 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

I'm not sure you can criticise the MITB main event for not making sense and then saying you loved the boneyard match.

They are both very over the top and not to be analysed for realism (I could say the same about wrestling in general).

Okay i'll break it down.

• Why did Dana not know it finished on the roof when it had been reported for two weeks that's where the briefcase is?
  • why the f*ck did Corbin try and stop Asuka?
  • Why did none of the other women make it to the roof, they wouldn't have known the match had ended for them.
  • Why were Vince and Steph sort of mad with the superstars for being there/wrecking the office. They booked this match.
  • Not as sure on this but pretty sure AJ won, did he have the case in his hands? 

Boneyard dumb bits were literally the dumb taker things that we've had for years, like teleportation and shooting fire.

Speaking of taker, the doc is good.