WWE

lharris92

6 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I've seen this said by a lot of people. I watched "live" so was pretty tired which may be why I missed it. I'm going to rewatch parts of it and listen properly.

They did it like a golf match instead of normal (mainly Byron).

Edited by WS_Jack_III

'Funhouse' match was great, very original. Had me captivated the whole time. It was odd and had some good bits of comedy in there. Bray Wyatt/ the Fiend has so much potential. I really hope they continue to give Bray scope to make the character what he wants it to be. I think they did that with this 'Funhouse' match.

I was not as sure on the 'boneyard' match, it was alright. Similarly to the 'funhouse' match I found it quite comedic but, in this case, for the wrong reasons. Nice to see them try something different with the Undertaker though as he can't really wrestle a great match anymore. More of these style matches makes sense for him going forwards.

The Fireflies Funhouse match was unreal. 

It was amazing how they recalled all of Cena career (Even the heel turned that never happened). This match also solidify Bray as one of the Top starts of WWE for years to come. I

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Who do we think will be Drew’s first championship programme? I’d like to see Andrade at some point but he’s still got the US Title. 

It looks like it's Big Show. I reckon they may go with AJ, Drew runs through Luke and Karl first to draw things out.

He's not built up enough but I'd like to see Angel Garza in a few main events. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

It looks like it's Big Show. I reckon they may go with AJ, Drew runs through Luke and Karl first to draw things out.

He's not built up enough but I'd like to see Angel Garza in a few main events. 

i think the big show match was a one off. I would have said Rollins had he won at Mania, but a face v face program with Owens could be good. 

A lot of people being let go by WWE today. Some more sad than others. So far:

- Drake Maverick (James Curtin)
- Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers)
- Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra)
- Luke Gallows (Drew Hankinson)
- Heath Slater (Heath Miller)
- Aiden English (Matthew Rehwoldt)
- Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz)
- EC3 (Michael Hutter)
- Lio Rush (Lionel Green)
- Kurt Angle 
- Sarah Logan (Sarah Rowe)
- Mike Chioda
- Epico (Orlando Colon Nieves)
- Rowan (Joseph Ruud)

Backstage:

- Dave (Fit) Finlay
- Lance Storm
- Mike Rotunda
- Shane (Hurricane) Helms
- Scott Armstrong
- Pat Buck
- Sarah Stock
- Shawn Davari
- Billy Kidman 

The funny things is WWE has been talking for the last month about how they have the TV deals and cash reserves to not need to lay anyone off, also (not joking) Vince has even been appointed by Trump to be part of a team leading the American economy recovery. Mad times.

It's shit for the roster as they have been hoarding loads of wrestlers in the fear of AEW might grab them and with their roster now full and going through the same thing there's no else for them to turn. Rockstar Spud is a shame as he could of been a great midcard comedy act.

I know this isn’t the time to speculate on other companies picking these guys up because people have just lost their jobs and it’s a sad time but I would love to see EC3 in AEW and put with MJF and Wardlow. Lio Rush in AEW could be dynamite (very much intended pun) too. 

There is lots of valuable backstage talent who have been released too. AEW could do much worse than picking up Finlay, especially considering that their womens division isn’t as great as it could be. Kurt Angle, Lance Storm and Hurricane Hemls in the back could be amazing additions also. 

Gallows and Anderson will surely head back to Japan. 

Edited by Andre91

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I know this isn’t the time to speculate on other companies picking these guys up because people have just lost their jobs and it’s a sad time but I would love to see EC3 in AEW and put with MJF and Wardlow. Lio Rush in AEW could be dynamite (very much intended pun) too. 

There is lots of valuable backstage talent who have been released too. AEW could do much worse than picking up Finlay, especially considering that their womens division isn’t as great as it could be. Kurt Angle, Lance Storm and Hurricane Hemls in the back could be amazing additions also. 

Gallows and Anderson will surely head back to Japan. 

Backstage staff have been furloughed apparently so they might be back. Apart from Kurt Angel maybe as he was mentioned in the performers name released even though he’s technically retired.

AEW desperately needs to recruit for their women’s division imo but it seems WWE aren’t letting any of their better women wrestlers go.

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Rusev is out. Break the damn bank to get him in AEW and strap a rocket to him. 

10 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Has he finally got out? Thank god!

Criminally underused pretty much his entire WWE career.

The shit thing about them releasing him as only a few weeks ago he donated $25,000 (I think it was) to support bakstage staff. A good egg. 

I'm assuming Lana (CJ Perry) has gone with him?

Just now, DareToDibble said:

Criminally underused pretty much his entire WWE career.

The shit thing about them releasing him as only a few weeks ago he donated $25,000 (I think it was) to support bakstage staff. A good egg. 

I'm assuming Lana (CJ Perry) has gone with him?

Nah she wasn't released but she's happy at WWE and they seem to want to push her more than him. 

I found it odd they didn't release any bigger names, as the likes of Dolph Ziggler (who I actually rate), Nakamura or Bobby Lashley must have been on bigger contracts but are never gonna be convincing main eventers and aren't doing much as mid-carders.