WWE

lharris92

1 hour ago, jump said:

Yeah, the lack of a crowd hurts. They should look back at the attitude era when loads of the fights were backstage, in parking lots etc and do more backstages interviews. Although I do find Niki Cross funny as she keeps playing to the crowd who aren’t there.

Pink Triangle should be happy there’s no crowd chanting at the moment though.

I like crowd involvement in general as long as the words what, deserve and awesome are not involved!!

Think about it though, even when a crowd is there and they aren't in to it, totally kills the vibe. Part of the reason this two day thing could benefit Mania if they maintain it going forward. Split it to two 3 hour shows, crowd won't be zapped after 7 hours of wrestling like they can be.

7 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Think about it though, even when a crowd is there and they aren't in to it, totally kills the vibe. Part of the reason this two day thing could benefit Mania if they maintain it going forward. Split it to two 3 hour shows, crowd won't be zapped after 7 hours of wrestling like they can be.

Or they could do 1 3-4 hour show. I think we need to get away from the idea more is better. When wrestling was popular they managed fine doing this.

7 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yeah, it worked well for New Japan who split their mega show Wrestle Kingdom into two nights before WWE, and they haven't even got the roster and returning "legends" depth of them. However it's the same old WWE who for the last few years can't create stars and have good feuds and having a long show highlights how shit and filler things are.

9 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I've been listening to Jim Cornette's podcast thingy and some of the stories about Vince are amazing. He's so weird!

Will have to have a listen. I remember listening to Dean Ambrose on Chris Jericho’s podcast just afternoon his AEW debut and they both slated Vince.

Any particular highlights from the Jim Cornette one?

I've always found Cornette too much of a c**t to be taken seriously.

I go through phases of listening to the Bruce Prichard, Eric Bischoff and Chris Jericho podcasts. The Bruce and Bischoff ones are good as it's more of an examination and backstage titbits of what was happening at the time and Jericho is very dependant on the guest as sometimes it's shit and other time it's great. Jericho recently had Brodie Lee/Luke Harper on and it's similar to the Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose tell all but not quite as ferocious.

2 minutes ago, jump said:

I go through phases of listening to the Bruce Prichard, Eric Bischoff and Chris Jericho podcasts. The Bruce and Bischoff ones are good as it's more of an examination and backstage titbits of what was happening at the time and Jericho is very dependant on the guest as sometimes it's shit and other time it's great. Jericho recently had Brodie Lee/Luke Harper on and it's similar to the Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose tell all but not quite as ferocious.

I like the Austin one as i like his style and find Jericho a bit annoying at times. However again it is very guest/topic dependent.

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Will have to have a listen. I remember listening to Dean Ambrose on Chris Jericho’s podcast just afternoon his AEW debut and they both slated Vince.

Any particular highlights from the Jim Cornette one?

There's little snippets on his official YouTube so you won't have to go through full episodes but one he talks about a meeting at Vince's and a TV repair guy turns up, Vince points him to the room with the TV and says "In there buddy, there's no sound" the TV repair guy returns 30 seconds later with the remote and tells Vince it was on mute.

He doesn't like people sneezing and doesn't understand how people get ill. He used to leave rental cars wherever the hell he wanted, just ditched the cars. 

It's not really slating him more just pointing out how odd the bloke is.

edit: oh and a longer segment about the words banned from WWE TV. That one is great, shows you why Cole sounds so odd at time. Medical facility instead of hospital being the key one you'll hear.

2 hours ago, jump said:

I could listen to him talk all day, don't agree with 50% of what he says but he says it well.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

29 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

There's little snippets on his official YouTube so you won't have to go through full episodes but one he talks about a meeting at Vince's and a TV repair guy turns up, Vince points him to the room with the TV and says "In there buddy, there's no sound" the TV repair guy returns 30 seconds later with the remote and tells Vince it was on mute.

He doesn't like people sneezing and doesn't understand how people get ill. He used to leave rental cars wherever the hell he wanted, just ditched the cars. 

It's not really slating him more just pointing out how odd the bloke is.

edit: oh and a longer segment about the words banned from WWE TV. That one is great, shows you why Cole sounds so odd at time. Medical facility instead of hospital being the key one you'll hear.

I could listen to him talk all day, don't agree with 50% of what he says but he says it well.

I think a lot of the world's geniuses (past and present) have had an eccentric side.

Bike 'taker was good to see again, especially as he seemed more like the nasty hardcore champ 'taker. I was a bit disappointed he has Metallica instead of Limp Bizkit for his music now though. I don't get the druids though, have they turned on him since he's no longer the Deadman version?

17 minutes ago, jump said:

Bike 'taker was good to see again, especially as he seemed more like the nasty hardcore champ 'taker. I was a bit disappointed he has Metallica instead of Limp Bizkit for his music now though. I don't get the druids though, have they turned on him since he's no longer the Deadman version?

I've come around to the new theme a bit, I was initially disappointed. I wasn't sure about that bit either, i'd have done away with the teleportation stuff and the fire raising but all round I loved it.

The Boneyard Match was utterly ridiculous and I loved it. I had so much fun watching it. I marked out like hell when I heard the motorcycle approaching. I think the Metallica theme is great for this version of Taker. The Deadman character was put to bed last night and I’m fully behind it. 

I think we could definitely see Taker vs. Sting shot in that style. 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Boneyard Match was utterly ridiculous and I loved it. I had so much fun watching it. I marked out like hell when I heard the motorcycle approaching. I think the Metallica theme is great for this version of Taker. The Deadman character was put to bed last night and I’m fully behind it. 

I think we could definitely see Taker vs. Sting shot in that style. 

Someone beat me to it and recut the entrance with "Rollin'" and then another with "You're gonna pay" on twitter.

12 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Has anyone seen the Cena/Wyatt stuff from last night yet? It's absolutely fantastic! 😂

Genuinely might be my favourite 'match' I've watched for a long time. Fair play to WWE. They were in a weird as hell situation but in my opinion they gave us one of the better Wrestlemanias, especially in recent history. 

1 minute ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Genuinely might be my favourite 'match' I've watched for a long time. Fair play to WWE. They were in a weird as hell situation but in my opinion they gave us one of the better Wrestlemanias, especially in recent history. 

Yeah pre-recording and being able to edit it to their hearts content definitely helped. I actually think my 2 favourite matches were the Taker/Styles and Cena/Wyatt matches. Not sure how much of it was down to Cena/Wyatt and how much was down to WWE Creative but whoever it was they absolutely smashed it out of the park!

Good storytelling in Edge/Orton but at 37 minutes I think it was a little too long.

10 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah pre-recording and being able to edit it to their hearts content definitely helped. I actually think my 2 favourite matches were the Taker/Styles and Cena/Wyatt matches. Not sure how much of it was down to Cena/Wyatt and how much was down to WWE Creative but whoever it was they absolutely smashed it out of the park!

Good storytelling in Edge/Orton but at 37 minutes I think it was a little too long.

Yeah a bit too long for me although I did enjoy it (just really should've been 5,10 minutes less). 

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Edge vs. Orton was one of the worst WrestleMania matches I’ve ever seen. 

Orton is taking over the mantle from Triple H for too fucking long 'mania matches.

I loved the Otis vs Ziggler and Cena vs Wyatt matches. Also we have the first British WWE champion.

Funhouse was just... so odd. I don't know what to think of it. Otis and Drew deserved big pops. Edge & Orton was okay but far too long and the commentators were weird for it. Also, I didn't think of this but seen others saying the hanging in the gym equipment was a little insensitive considering history.

I think overall they pulled it off over the two nights against the odds.

18 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Edge & Orton was okay but far too long and the commentators were weird for it. Also, I didn't think of this but seen others saying the hanging in the gym equipment was a little insensitive considering history.

I've seen this said by a lot of people. I watched "live" so was pretty tired which may be why I missed it. I'm going to rewatch parts of it and listen properly.