WWE

lharris92

I'm honestly not expecting too many big surprises in terms of returns. Think the surprise entrances are likely to be from NXT (Keith Lee, maybe Balor, obviously a lot in the women's match). Edge is anybody's guess. Seems unlikely but I've seen a lot of rumours saying that he's definitely coming back. I'd be massively surprised at CM Punk, I don't think the bridges are even close to being rebuilt. I did see somewhere that WWE want him to be a guest on the Stone Cold podcast thing, which would probably be a good indicator of a slightly higher chance of him returning in the future. 

So has anyone seen the Rumble yet?

In general the matches were pretty meh. However I have to say I really enjoyed the men’s Rumble.

Trying to avoid spoilers - The first “half“ of the men’s Rumble I actually really enjoyed, especially the way it ended. The second half was great with some of the surprises and at the end I thought I knew which way it was going but was very pleasantly surprised by the ending.

On another note - I know he gets a lot of stick but Lesnar is fantastic. Even some of his selling was brilliant.

The men's rumble was the best in such a long time. Edge's return was a sensational moment, genuinely might be one of the best moments WWE has ever had. Drew winning is extremely promising, he has the potential to be one of the biggest names in the company and hopefully that'll start at Wrestlemania.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:38 PM, jump said:

I think Otis might be favourite wrestler at the moment, as cheesy as fuck as it is his Mandy storyline is the only thing in WWE I'm really invested in. 

It's probably the best storyline on SD at the moment! 

Haven’t had the chance to watch it yet but I’ve read enough to be sufficiently pissed off. WWE just can’t help themselves.

They have one or the hottest things on wrestling in The Fiend and they squash him to put the title on someone who’s previous match was an absolute abomination and in this one couldn’t even complete his own finishing move properly to end the match.

Ricochet crush was also shit but at least I can see a tiny bit of logic there in that it will make Drew look even better when (if) he beats Lesnar at Mania.

The only positive I can take from yesterday is that I do think that they had booked themselves into a corner with The Fiend having the title. Don't think he's ruined by any means but Goldberg is just a shite choice, but I guess their end goal is to get the title on Roman and fans would have hated Roman going over the Fiend just as much tbh. I think whoever took the title off of him needed to have a really good story behind it, because he looked so unbeatable. Have somebody come back from a loss or two to him to finally beat him, make it a huge moment, not whatever the hell that was yesterday.

Sadly, I've always found myself watching these Saudi shows because they're the only shows minus the NXT UK takeovers I can watch without sacrificing a nights sleep, even though pretty much every single one has just been dreadful. Kind of wish they'd stop taking them so seriously, you can have a stacked card with cool matches that will appeal to the Saudi crowd whilst still keeping them 'House Show' ish, basically avoid major title changes and using them as an excuse to do something that would be booed out of the building in any other country.

Orange Cassidy v PAC is going to be a real treat Saturday night. Am somewhat gutted they didn't save his first match for free TV and the masses watching.

I cam really see AEW giving him the ball and letting him run with it. He's insanely over without having wrestled. He's a real talent in the ring which will just feed the gimmick more.

AEW are really getting their shit together whilst WWE seem to be entering WCW 2000 levels of bad. Funny how Vince spent years parading WCW around as a failure for horrendous booking favouring ancient stars, yet WWE are now just as bad, if not worse. They're heading into Wrestlemania with the sam champions they had 17 years ago! 

Orange Cassidy is the best. AEW is actually killing it. I look forward to Dynamite every week. The last few weeks particularly have been outstanding. I watch AEW for wrestling and because I’m invested in the wrestlers and storylines. 

I read about what happened in WWE online. I don’t watch it anymore (except the Rumble and Mania really) because it is just baffling at times. 

The Fiend should have never had the title in the first place. Roman should squash Goldberg in 2mins at Mania. 

The main thing AEW has got over WWE is the crowds are actually hot. They chant, bring signs and all that to the point I actually forgotten how rowdy wrestling is suppose to be because WWE has become so watered down. They still need to sort out their women's division, it's behind even TNA. 

Loved the Orange Cassiy vs Pac and Darby and Sammy matches.

6 hours ago, jump said:

The main thing AEW has got over WWE is the crowds are actually hot. They chant, bring signs and all that to the point I actually forgotten how rowdy wrestling is suppose to be because WWE has become so watered down. They still need to sort out their women's division, it's behind even TNA. 

Loved the Orange Cassiy vs Pac and Darby and Sammy matches.

The WWE crowd was one of the reasons i stopped watching. Do the AEW crowds do the annoying "this is awesome" and "you deserved it" chants?

18 hours ago, Andre91 said:

10/10 PPV. That was absolutely outstanding. 

Felt like the ordering was off. I'd have been bold and stuck the tag match on last, that was a guaranteed show stealer, felt sorry for Statlander/Rose having gone out after it.

Would have liked to have seen Jericho retain and Cody go over. Mox doesn't need the rub from Jericho, he's a big enough star and over as it is. Still think Jericho had enough mileage left for a few more months with the belt. Will be interesting to see who they move Mox into a programme with, imagine Jericho for the next 3/4 weeks. Needs to be someone fresh, doing Mox/PAC or Mox/Brodie Lee will feel very WWE-lite, you don't want to go down the TNA route.

Cody and MJF felt flat for all of the hype. I think they rushed MJF's turn as it was. With his record he could have taken the loss here and still come out ok. Feels like Cody is using himself to get everyone else over but almost devaluing himself too far in the process. He's one of the biggest stars on the roster but he's jobbed himself out too much in my opinion, likely trying to show that it's not just a vanity project.

Page is ridiculously over, really hoping they have Kenny and The Bucks turn on him. They keep teasing one way or the other. But on the flip side, how many heel factions do they need? Inner Circle are right at the top, then you have the Dark Order thing in the tag division. Not sure where a heel Elite would fit in at the moment.

PAC and Orange Cassidy was the perfect fit. Would love for that little feud to continue, enjoyed how they teased OC's in ring talent without going full throttle. Nice nod from Excalibur dropping in the Fire Ant comment.

Page, Guevara, Darby, Cassidy are all on fire at the moment. Looking forward to seeing how they're gonna be in the mix in the next couple of months. 

I actually think Undertaker v AJ Styles will be great. AJ can have an amazing match with anyone, I just hope whichever way it goes it’s not a 30 second squash match. I think we’re already getting one of those with the Universal Championship match!

Card is stacking up and I’d say I’m interested in about 50% of them so far.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I actually think Undertaker v AJ Styles will be great. AJ can have an amazing match with anyone, I just hope whichever way it goes it’s not a 30 second squash match. I think we’re already getting one of those with the Universal Championship match!

Card is stacking up and I’d say I’m interested in about 50% of them so far.

AJ will get a good match out of him but he has been slowing down in the last year or two. Of course a slower AJ is still better than most wrestlers.

Theres nothing that has really hooked me yet at mania, maybe Baszler and Lynch. I was really looking forward to Baszler and Asuka in the elimination chamber which was over too quick. Hopefully they will get a proper match on Raw soon.