WWE

lharris92

Kofi vs Brock for the first episode of Smackdown on FOX is an interesting call. I presume they'll want to put the belt on Brock because he's basically FOX's wet dream with them wanting Smackdown to feel more 'legit', but would be interesting to see if they'll have somebody else get involved.

3 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Kofi vs Brock for the first episode of Smackdown on FOX is an interesting call. I presume they'll want to put the belt on Brock because he's basically FOX's wet dream with them wanting Smackdown to feel more 'legit', but would be interesting to see if they'll have somebody else get involved.

It will be his first TV match for decades too. I think it's more to do with the ratings are shit and they don't want to be embarrassed on the fancy new network. If they put the belt on him and he doesn't appear regularly then they are just gonna hurt the ratings in silly short sightedness. 

I'm really hoping the hell in a cell match is actually gonna be between Rollins and kids TV presenter Wyatt rather than the Fiend.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm sure CM Punk will be working for the WWE before long. Many have said he would be the one who never came back, but I never believed it.

I will laugh if Punk is just working it and he's actually signed with AEW as a surprise on their first show Lex Luger style.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, Andre91 said:

RAW was laughable. It’s so the B show now. 

Not really!! the opening segment between Brock and Rey was one of the best in recent memory and confirmed Brock as the greatest heel of this era. 

Edited by A-Rob

Well, Smackdown last night was... interesting. The whole show felt very strange, very stop-start and very rushed. There were a few segments that I enjoyed (opening segment with Rock/Becky/Corbin, the ladder match) but a lot of the show felt dreadful. The last segment was just so fucking bad. They've spent more than half a year letting Kofi prove himself as a main eventer and then completely destroyed all of it for a Brock-Velasquez angle, which really doesn't need the belt. Also, Hell in a Cell still only has 4 matches, so I'm guessing we'll get late Intercontinental title, US title and tag team title matches with no build.

Apparently what's trending on twitter is not WWE, Smackdown, Rock, Lesnar or Cain it was Kofi instead :P That was just shitty, and it looked like Rey Mysterio, a legendary former champ, was at school and needed a bigger boy to fight off the bully.

I like how they used The Rock, it wasn't like when Rollins needed 50 years olds to save him and then left Seth out of the celebrations, he and Becky seemed like equals.

The sets look better than the Raw ones, the C shaped things in the titatron looks like a tunnel.

Edited by jump

10 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Well, Smackdown last night was... interesting. The whole show felt very strange, very stop-start and very rushed. There were a few segments that I enjoyed (opening segment with Rock/Becky/Corbin, the ladder match) but a lot of the show felt dreadful. The last segment was just so fucking bad. They've spent more than half a year letting Kofi prove himself as a main eventer and then completely destroyed all of it for a Brock-Velasquez angle, which really doesn't need the belt. Also, Hell in a Cell still only has 4 matches, so I'm guessing we'll get late Intercontinental title, US title and tag team title matches with no build.

You could say it doesn't need the belt, but I think it makes sense from the case that he beat Brock for the title in UFC .

Kofi has had a 6 month run as champion without setting the world on fire, I think it's time for a change. 

On another note what happened with all these legends that were promised. We're they at the arena and not used, advertised without agreement or did WWE just not bring them in?

20 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

You could say it doesn't need the belt, but I think it makes sense from the case that he beat Brock for the title in UFC .

Kofi has had a 6 month run as champion without setting the world on fire, I think it's time for a change. 

On another note what happened with all these legends that were promised. We're they at the arena and not used, advertised without agreement or did WWE just not bring them in?

They are just doing this so they can Hogan style get Brock a win back. They had this before with Goldberg and Lesnar, it added nothing to the feud and ultimately makes the belt worthless with their reluctance to dethrone him after. They flapped about too much with Rollins and Reigns till it felt like an empty win, damaged Samoa Joe and Braun credibility with the multiple loses. He's been an almost constant champion in WWE's lowest drawing period.

They had a bunch of the oldies at ringside like Hogan, Foley, Angle etc. Tbh I'm thankful it wasn't another segment where the old timers show up the current roste.

55 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't have  a problem with Kofi losing the belt, I agree that the time had come. But his whole story has been proving himself as a main eventer and then he gets squashed embarrassingly quick. Even if the match was 5 minutes ish, with Kofi showing some resiliency, get a bit of offence in and make a point of him having the heart to keep fighting, it would've been a million times better. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

They are just doing this so they can Hogan style get Brock a win back. They had this before with Goldberg and Lesnar, it added nothing to the feud and ultimately makes the belt worthless with their reluctance to dethrone him after. They flapped about too much with Rollins and Reigns till it felt like an empty win, damaged Samoa Joe and Braun credibility with the multiple loses. He's been an almost constant champion in WWE's lowest drawing period.

They had a bunch of the oldies at ringside like Hogan, Foley, Angle etc. Tbh I'm thankful it wasn't another segment where the old timers show up the current roste.

I think in September/October you need the belts on the heels in the build up for mania. Unfortunately they don’t have many heels with credibility. Bray and AJ would be my choices.

10 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think in September/October you need the belts on the heels in the build up for mania. Unfortunately they don’t have many heels with credibility. Bray and AJ would be my choices.

Paint by numbers formula booking ain't going to help to WWE and in any case WWE's biggest PPV, the Saudi blood money show, is up first which is what this is  building to.

Even if you do "need" a heel to be champ for 'mania, why Brock? They have had him in that role multiple times now and the pay off has been whimpers. Samoa Joe can sell it, Bray can get people talking, AJ can make it a "DREAM" match, Bryan did it perfectly last year etc. 

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Hell in the cell as a PPV/special show is a flawed concept. It only works as a blow off to a feud and the match is only special if it's rare. I would have renewed my network if Bray had been given the title, but not now.

Agree, they should remove it from a concept ppv and use the hell in a cell match only to close long-feuds.

On the other hand I don't think that the Fiend would benefit from a title run,  as it does not fit his character. In fact I was confused in the first place why they put him in a title match with Rollins.