WWE

lharris92

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The RAW Reunion should have either ended with KO and Austin taking it in turns to stunner Shane and then KO and Austin sharing beers, with Austin jokingly going to stunner KO and stopping, toasting him whilst laughing and then KO legit stunnering Austin to close the show. 

Sami Zayn was great. Seth Rollins was WOEFUL. Get him off my TV. He’s tragic. 

Yeah I was surprised they didn’t get KO involved with Stone Cold in some way. Although KO stunning SC would have gone down like a lead balloon and ruined his baby face persona they’re trying to build.

True Legend passed today in Harley Race. I only caught the back end of his career and his WWF run was hardly great booking but he was a guy who could effortless wrestle in the ring. Tough as hell as well. Hope WWE do a great set of his best matches on the network for everyone to get a chance of seeing his work.

On 8/1/2019 at 9:57 PM, luckysalt said:

True Legend passed today in Harley Race. I only caught the back end of his career and his WWF run was hardly great booking but he was a guy who could effortless wrestle in the ring. Tough as hell as well. Hope WWE do a great set of his best matches on the network for everyone to get a chance of seeing his work.

I remember him more as the manager of Vader when I first got wrestling on ITV. I would be interested in seeing some of his old NWA matches.

I’m surprisingly really liking this ‘Who done it?’ stuff with Reigns. I know that Bryan is the popular opinion as to who it will be but I would like to see Joe be behind it all eventually. 

I know there is no logic in it but I would love to see The Usos involved as the ones trying to take Reigns out as Joe has secretly got them on side to do the deeds. I don’t know what their logic would be for going against Reigns but that’s why the WWE have writers, they can think of some logic :P Also, having whichever Uso that got done for drunk driving being the one behind the wheel last night would be excellent. I know Joe seemed sympathetic etc last night with Reigns so I would continue to build on that but I’d love to see them go down the Triple H + Shawn Michaels SummerSlam 2002 route and have Joe eventually revealed and he can be all like ‘You're damn right it was me, Roman’ 

But yeah, I think they could build this as an actual blood feud towards Hell In A Cell so that the HIAC match genuinely seems like the only way they can finally settle things. 

I’ve rambled on. 

Edited by Andre91

55 minutes ago, jump said:

Goldberg might be able to actually pick up Ziggler so there's a chance it's gonna be a better match than with 'taker, touchwood he doesn't injury himself again though.

Goldberg v Ziggler is the most interesting match on the card for me. That probably says as much about the card as it does the match.

15 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Goldberg v Ziggler is the most interesting match on the card for me. That probably says as much about the card as it does the match.

Only because you're stuck in the attitude era, they are the only stars etc

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m surprisingly really liking this ‘Who done it?’ stuff with Reigns. I know that Bryan is the popular opinion as to who it will be but I would like to see Joe be behind it all eventually. 

I know there is no logic in it but I would love to see The Usos involved as the ones trying to take Reigns out as Joe has secretly got them on side to do the deeds. I don’t know what their logic would be for going against Reigns but that’s why the WWE have writers, they can think of some logic :P Also, having whichever Uso that got done for drunk driving being the one behind the wheel last night would be excellent. I know Joe seemed sympathetic etc last night with Reigns so I would continue to build on that but I’d love to see them go down the Triple H + Shawn Michaels SummerSlam 2002 route and have Joe eventually revealed and he can be all like ‘You're damn right it was me, Roman’ 

But yeah, I think they could build this as an actual blood feud towards Hell In A Cell so that the HIAC match genuinely seems like the only way they can finally settle things. 

I’ve rambled on. 

I hope it's Rollins, the marks are turning on him anyway and trying to kill his boy would seal it. 

I don't understand why there isn't a Samoan faction, there's plenty of talented guys to make it up and since they are shy of giving Samoa Joe a belt and The Uso need to let others hold the Tag belts to build up the division it will give them something to do.

9 hours ago, jump said:

Only because you're stuck in the attitude era, they are the only stars etc

Ziggler isn’t from the attitude era and if he was fighting Big Show or Kane, I wouldn’t be interested.

There are a few reasons I find the match the most interesting. Admittedly I like both guys, but the main reason is it’s a fresh match up and they haven’t been overexposed. The likes of Brock v Rollins, Kofi V Orton and Bray v Balor just seem repetitive. I also feel Dolph and Goldberg are capable of building the feud on the mic better than any other matchup on the card.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

Ziggler isn’t from the attitude era and if he was fighting Big Show or Kane, I wouldn’t be interested.

There are a few reasons I find the match the most interesting. Admittedly I like both guys, but the main reason is it’s a fresh match up and they haven’t been overexposed. The likes of Brock v Rollins, Kofi V Orton and Bray v Balor just seem repetitive. I also feel Dolph and Goldberg are capable of building the feud on the mic better than any other matchup on the card.

Apart from the 3 most dangerous letter schtick I really like the Kofi vs Orton build, Kofi comes out and challenges Orton as the oppressor who famously kept him down and wants to prove himself as opposed to Ziggler who mocks Shawn Michaels so he faces Goldberg instead(?), I'm not really sure Goldberg having a catchphrase counts as building a feud on the mic. The Wyatt build up has been fantastic also.

53 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Building the feud? It’s this weekend. It isn’t going to be a match, either. It’s going to be a couple of spears, a jackhammer and 1,2,3 within 60 seconds. Hopefully Goldberg doesn’t smash his head into a door or wall this time and doesn’t nearly kill Ziggler. He should be alright as Ziggler is super light compared to The Undertaker. 

Matt Riddle should retire Goldberg and then eventually Brock Lesnar. He is your next huge star. I’m loving him shitting on the legends on Twitter. He’s great. 

On the topic of Summerslam, Brock should murder Seth and write him off of TV for a little bit. He’s absolute trash as a face. Brock should just slaughter him in double quick time and then carry on the destruction even after he has won. The fans are starting to turn on him as it is. Have him come back in 6 weeks or so as a heel. 

It’s a very boring card overall. I’ve never been able to stand Randy Orton so I want this feud to be a one and done with Kofi. Kofi needs to lose the title imo but not to Orton, not this weekend. 

Edited by Andre91

46 minutes ago, jump said:

I'm not really sure Goldberg having a catchphrase counts as building a feud on the mic. The Wyatt build up has been fantastic also.

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Building the feud? It’s this weekend. It isn’t going to be a match, either. It’s going to be a couple of spears, a jackhammer and 1,2,3 within 60 seconds. Hopefully Goldberg doesn’t smash his head into a door or wall this time and doesn’t nearly kill Ziggler. He should be alright as Ziggler is super light compared to The Undertaker. 

On the topic of Summerslam, Brock should murder Seth and write him off of TV for a little bit. He’s absolute trash as a face. 

I thought they had another couple of weeks, that's the disadvantage of only following bits and pieces now I cancelled the network. I think they could be capable of some solid mic segments with time, but agree there isn't enough with the PPV this weekend, hopefully they will do some interviews before the match. I disagree that Goldberg is just a catchphrase, I think his interviews during the Brock feud were very good, miles better than his first wwe run.

As for Wyatt a win over Balor means very little. I would have liked to see h against a higher profile opponent.

The trouble with Seth as a heel is he still wrestlers as a babyface, so can't get his opponents over.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The trouble with Seth as a heel is he still wrestlers as a babyface, so can't get his opponents over.

This really winds me up about him. It doesn’t matter how good of a wrestler you are if your in ring psychology is non-existent. When he was a heel and busting out the Phoenix Splash etc, I was dumbfounded. 

If he does turn heel, I don’t even know how they would book him. He’s been a chicken shit heel before and I don’t want to see that again. 

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

This really winds me up about him. It doesn’t matter how good of a wrestler you are if your in ring psychology is non-existent. When he was a heel and busting out the Phoenix Splash etc, I was dumbfounded. 

If he does turn heel, I don’t even know how they would book him. He’s been a chicken shit heel before and I don’t want to see that again. 

I think you need to have good psychology to be a very good wrestler. Seth is a great athlete/gymnast, but not a great wrestler in my view.

Dare we do predictions for Summerslam? I'm always wrong but here goes...

Drew Gulak v Oney Lorcan

Goldberg v Dolph Ziggler

Trish Stratus v Charlotte Flair

AJ Styles v Ricochet

Finn Balor v The Fiend

Kevin Owens v Shane McMahon

Bayley v Ember Moon

Kofi Kingston v Randy Orton

Becky Lynch v Natalya

Brock Lesnar v Seth Rollins - PLEASE. So bored of Seth Rollins ?

17 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Dare we do predictions for Summerslam? I'm always wrong but here goes...

Drew Gulak v Oney Lorcan

Goldberg v Dolph Ziggler

Trish Stratus v Charlotte Flair

AJ Styles v Ricochet

Finn Balor v The Fiend

Kevin Owens v Shane McMahon

Bayley v Ember Moon

Kofi Kingston v Randy Orton

Becky Lynch v Natalya

Brock Lesnar v Seth Rollins - PLEASE. So bored of Seth Rollins ?

Gulak

Goldberg

Charlotte

Styles

The fiend

Owens

Bayley

Kofi

Becky

Brock 

Also while I'm here, 

Adam Cole will beat gargano

Roderick strong will beat velveteen dream and Pete dunne

Undisputed era will beat street profits

Shayna bayzler will beat Mia yim

Io shirai will beat candice

• 4 weeks later...

The Fiend will win the title at HIAC and hold it until Mania, being dominant af in the process. Finn will return at the Royal Rumble, win it and face The Fiend for the title at Mania and win. The whole story will be that The Denom is the only thing that can defeat The Fiend. I’m calling this way ahead of time. 

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Fiend will win the title at HIAC and hold it until Mania, being dominant af in the process. Finn will return at the Royal Rumble, win it and face The Fiend for the title at Mania and win. The whole story will be that The Denom is the only thing that can defeat The Fiend. I’m calling this way ahead of time. 

Then once Demon Finn beats The Fiend he'll transform into Bray Wyatt in drag to make up for the TLC match that never happened!

Wow this thread is dead isn't it. 

Happy that Anthem got the deal done to buy AXS tv in US and Impact will be moving on there, hopefully they push on. The rumours are going around they're buying ROH as well, id be amazed if WWE let that video library pass them by. But I can see Anthem taking control of the company, they've been in freefall since AEW came into effect all their fanbase jumped over to that. 

Amazes me however that whilst this news has hit the internet, theres so many people saying TNA can't pay their wrestlers let alone buy ROH which is the bigger company. 

Lets get a couple things straight, firstly, ROH has never, ever, been a bigger company than Impact, they just had the NJPW connection and the Elite guys working there, they've never had a bigger worldwide scope etc. 

Secondly Impact was sold years ago, theres been no financial troubles since then. Yes they're working on a smaller budget in terms of no live weekly show etc but they can afford a great roster, they wouldn't have been able to pull Elgin from NJPW, pay RVD's salary, Morrison who has only left because he wants time off wrestling, their female roster is absolutely stacked. 

As much I i enjoy Impact, I hope they do go live, theres nothing like a live wrestling show where anything can happen, anyone could turn up. WWE puts on a live show every show and somehow makes it look as taped as possible. Which defeats the purpose. 

Anyhow, the wrestling landscape has never been brighter [well, in the US] shame this chat is so dead.

11 match card for Clash of Champions tomorrow night but I'm honestly struggling to find too many potential show-stealers. Sasha and Becky will be fucking awesome if they give it time, Miz vs Shinsuke should be solid, the cruiserweight triple threat will be good too, then Styles-Cedric and Reigns-Rowan should be decent but I feel like most of the rest of the card is gonna drag on quite a bit.

I'm expecting the Fiend to interfere in the Universal title match so hopefully that doesn't go on last. Put Becky and Sasha on last and end with Sasha and Bayley holding both titles.

Predictions:

Bayley

Roode and Ziggler

Seth (by DQ, or no contest or something)

Kofi

Gulak

New Day

Nakamura

Sasha

Roman

Bliss and Cross

Styles

5 hours ago, jump said:

So the gimmick of the PPV is that all the titles on are on the line but then they forget to do the 24/7 title.

There was technically a defence during the womens tag team title match. R Truth ran out being chased by a hoard of people and Alexa rolled him up but he kicked out and ran into the crowd.

I enjoyed last night's show more than I thought I would. The Harper return surprised me a lot and the end of the show was great (if not predictable). The Kofi Orton ending seemed like it could have been the ending but I still think that should be the match at Hell in a Cell.