WWE

lharris92

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

LOL.

Product is in the toilet so let’s rely on the decrepit old corpse who almost killed his opponent the other week :lol: 

I bet Goldberg didn't think he meant Rest In Peace literally. What's really surprising is they didn't bother to advertise it, with ratings low and Raw only having £3k people in the audience last night (over half of the arena had to have curtains to hide the empty seats) you would of thought they'd hype him to get some attention. You can't sell tixs or get people watching after it happens.

Raw being this shit isn't surprising but Smackdown has really gone downhill since Road Dogg quit. I only bothered watching two matches on Stomping Grounds, Bayley vs Alexa and Bryan & Rowan vs Heavy Machinery, and I enjoyed both of them to be honest.

2 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Huge news!

Heyman is now Executive Director of Raw and Bischoff is Executive Director of SDL.

Feels like a hail Mary.

I saw you post that and thought you must of saw a tweet from WWECreativeish (who do great comedy commentary) and thought it was real, then I realised it wasn't a joke. 

This boogles the mind and comes off as a desperation play. I can appreciative it's a sign that they want to fix things but these guys knew their stuff in the 90s, you need the cutting edge modern day equivalent which is pretty much The Elite. At least one of them wasn't Russo tho.

I've actually started to listen to the Bruce Prichard podcast recently and the episode I listened to today at work was the Paul Heyman one where basically as good as Heyman is his constant bickering/complaining/suggestions with Vince drove Vince insane and refused to work with him in a backstage capacity anymore.

Edited by jump

17 hours ago, jump said:

I saw you post that and thought you must of saw a tweet from WWECreativeish (who do great comedy commentary) and thought it was real, then I realised it wasn't a joke. 

This boogles the mind and comes off as a desperation play. I can appreciative it's a sign that they want to fix things but these guys knew their stuff in the 90s, you need the cutting edge modern day equivalent which is pretty much The Elite. At least one of them wasn't Russo tho.

I've actually started to listen to the Bruce Prichard podcast recently and the episode I listened to today at work was the Paul Heyman one where basically as good as Heyman is his constant bickering/complaining/suggestions with Vince drove Vince insane and refused to work with him in a backstage capacity anymore.

I am interested to see how this plays out. I'm more excited about WWE today, then I was yesterday, so overall a good move.

Of course it can only work if Vince really gives them power, time will tell on that one. I don't worry too much about their peak being 20 years ago, creative people are creative people.

Bischoff is a great character and would love to see him on TV, although he may want to stay backstage. I hope they both take the titles off the world champions in their brands.

I'm really interested to see how this develops. Hopefully there is a change that is sustained as opposed to the changes they've made over the last few months. 

I agree that the titles should come off both champions, especially Rollins. I like him as a worker but his character is non-existent. He's boring. 

Kofi has been a decent champion but I can't see where he can go really. I want a Samoa Joe WWE Title reign. Imagine him having the freedom to be a killer. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I'm really interested to see how this develops. Hopefully there is a change that is sustained as opposed to the changes they've made over the last few months. 

I agree that the titles should come off both champions, especially Rollins. I like him as a worker but his character is non-existent. He's boring. 

Kofi has been a decent champion but I can't see where he can go really. I want a Samoa Joe WWE Title reign. Imagine him having the freedom to be a killer. 

I'd love to see Samoa Joe as champ, he should have taken it off Brock as he genuinely looked like he had his number. It would have been a better pay off than low blowing Rollins or Reigns' distraction victory.

For me I'd like see Kofi being more New Day-ish, go silly with it with a custom pancake belt, Booty-o confetti and a PPV win etc whilst not undermining he's a fighting champ.

18 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Rollins has always been a gymnast with a cool look. He isn't good enough on the mic and bad at the bits building up the feud.

With Kofi they are in the position they have been before. The fun is in the chase.

Huh, things actually happened on RAW, there may be hope yet. They are using people who aren't normally on to change things up as opposed to see the same wild card people on both shows, there were developments I want to follow and a holy shit match.

49 minutes ago, jump said:

Huh, things actually happened on RAW, there may be hope yet. They are using people who aren't normally on to change things up as opposed to see the same wild card people on both shows, there were developments I want to follow and a holy shit match.

My mate text me earlier saying it's a good start to this new Heyman/Bischoff stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

No spoilers in this post about Extreme Rules but in commentary Renee DEFINITELY dropped an F bomb. I know we got a “holy shit” from Corey a few weeks back but i’m genuinely amazed they allowed that from Renee?

It's the new edgy WWE, casual swearing from girlies now and next hot lesbians being put threw a tables attitude style.

Edited by jump

2 minutes ago, DormenGold said:

Are you still watching this? I've outgrown it.

I was tempted to come back for SummerSlam, but when I heard the 2 world title matches and the fact they are putting Bray with boring Balor, I'm probably giving it a miss.

Did anyone catch the Jim Ross podcast about Canadian Stampede. If ever there is evidence that shows don't need to be 4 hours plus it's that show. The main event is my second favourite match ever.

5 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

They made up for Raw 25 by having Stone Cold do the toast last night on Raw Reunion. Absolute class on the mic.

I find it funny the current era celebrates the attitude folk as the greatest generation whilst back in the attitude era they were treating the old generation like shit.

Hanging The Big Boss Man, throwing Terry Funk in a dumpster, shaving The Road Warriors hair, putting Mae Young & Moolah through tables and having Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco be clowns etc. I want to see Matt Riddle hang Goldberg, The New Day to put DX in dumpster, Samoe Joe to put Stephanie McMahon through a table and have Kane & The Undertaker in a bra and panties match with each other. That will get ratings!

Edited by jump

13 minutes ago, jump said:

I find it funny the current era celebrates the attitude folk as the greatest generation whilst back in the attitude era they were treating the old generation like shit.

Hanging The Big Boss Man, throwing Terry Funk in a dumpster, shaving The Road Warriors hair, putting Mae Young & Moolah through tables and having Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco be clowns etc. I want to see Matt Riddle hang Goldberg, The New Day to put DX in dumpster, Samoe Joe to put Stephanie McMahon through a table and have Kane & The Undertaker in a bra and panties match with each other. That will get ratings!

Woods pointed out on his YouTube show that this Gen is the fan generation. Him & Breeze were discussing that if they were asked to dress up like an attitude era star and go out and do an impression of them, they'd happily do it. Then they said, image an attitude era star being asked to do that, wouldn't haven happened.

21 minutes ago, jump said:

Hanging The Big Boss Man, throwing Terry Funk in a dumpster, shaving The Road Warriors hair, putting Mae Young & Moolah through tables and having Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco be clowns etc. 

Im not convinced all of them would agree. You could tell Mae and Moolah loved what they doing. Patterson and Brisco were clearly having the time of their lives.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Im not convinced all of them would agree. You could tell Mae and Moolah loved what they doing. Patterson and Brisco were clearly having the time of their lives.

If that's the case then how come I haven't seen the DX vs Kane & Undertaker bra and panties match? 

28 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I dont understand what that's got to do with Mae, Moolah, Brisco and Patterson enjoying their role at the time. Do you think they didn't enjoy it?

It doesn't really matter if they enjoyed it or not as it's about upholding the reverence of the stars, with the attitude guys still being put over the current crop. WWE would never expect Undertaker, Triple H and co to do something like a bra and panties match like Pat and Gerald did as they are still milking the image of attitude for money whilst forgetting that attitude was built by promoting itself as better than the previous generation.

30 minutes ago, jump said:

It doesn't really matter if they enjoyed it or not as it's about upholding the reverence of the stars, with the attitude guys still being put over the current crop. WWE would never expect Undertaker, Triple H and co to do something like a bra and panties match like Pat and Gerald did as they are still milking the image of attitude for money whilst forgetting that attitude was built by promoting itself as better than the previous generation.

No they expect them to go out and wrestle proper matches. I suspect the Patterson/Brisco stuff was a lot easier on their bodies.

The RAW Reunion should have either ended with KO and Austin taking it in turns to stunner Shane and then KO and Austin sharing beers, with Austin jokingly going to stunner KO and stopping, toasting him whilst laughing and then KO legit stunnering Austin to close the show. 

Sami Zayn was great. Seth Rollins was WOEFUL. Get him off my TV. He’s tragic. 

Edited by Andre91

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

No they expect them to go out and wrestle proper matches. I suspect the Patterson/Brisco stuff was a lot easier on their bodies.

They don't even do matches, they literally had AJ Styles and The Bullet Club run away from Scott Hall and the other old guys. 

They can fix this by having Scott Hall in a bra and panties matches against Triple H on a PPV :P

Edited by jump