WWE

lharris92

AEW announced the winner of the Battle Royal will face the winner of Jericho-Omega at a later date, the winner of that match will be first world champion.

Its a pretty bizarre way to crown the first champion IMO. 

Should have just had the battle royal winner a future shot like was previously announced and then held a tournament to crown first champion.

3 hours ago, luckysalt said:

AEW announced the winner of the Battle Royal will face the winner of Jericho-Omega at a later date, the winner of that match will be first world champion.

Its a pretty bizarre way to crown the first champion IMO. 

Should have just had the battle royal winner a future shot like was previously announced and then held a tournament to crown first champion.

Why not just have the Jericho-Omega match for the title? They're comfortably the two biggest stars in the company..

18 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Owen Hart is one of my favourite of all time. His match against Brett at WrestleMania 10 is possibly my second favourite ever.

20 years today since he passed. He was so good. Podcast out tomorrow with Jericho and Meltzer talking about his career which I am looking forward to hearing.

14 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

20 years today since he passed. He was so good. Podcast out tomorrow with Jericho and Meltzer talking about his career which I am looking forward to hearing.

I loved the 93/94 Owen/Brett storylines. Owen only Hart brother pinned at survivor serious, Owen turns on Brett at Rumble, Owen beats Brett at Mania, Owen wins KOTR, Brett beats Owen at SummerSlam, Owen cost Brett the title at Survivor Series. It was just great storyline.

He never hit those heights in the final 5 years but had some great moments. I'm not sure what held him back. He was possibly a bit small and breaking Austin's neck maybe made things difficult.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:45 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

It was a good podcast. I’m tempted to sign back up with the network and watch those Raws during the year long Brett/Owen feud.

There was no wrestling on RAW for the first 52 minutes. That is unforgivable. 

I haven’t been watching RAW fully for a while due to it being such poor quality but after watching Double or Nothing (which was outstanding), I was interested to see if it would light a fire under WWE’s ass. Obviously not. This was the worst RAW I have watched in YEARS. There’s been a lot of bad RAWs recently but this was truly turgid. 

They had Sami Zayn mention AEW in a promo in the middle of the ring and cut it from the YouTube highlights. 

October and the weekly AEW tv show can’t come quick enough. 

Just catching up on every thing, was away most of the past week. AEW had a good show I though, enjoyed a lot of the matches going in and not knowing all of the guys.

Omega vs Jericho wasn't as good as the first time, the Rhodes had a good match but I could do without the blood. Thought the tag matches were all very good although the Bucks one had too many false finishes.

Not sure if I mentioned but I really enjoyed both ladder matches from MITB but I'm starting to lose the will to watch WWE weekly.

Listened to Talk Is Jericho, once again we have it confirmed that Vince has far too much control and people don't want to tell him no or when they do he just straight up doesn't listen. Praying that he fully focuses on XFL & lets Trips take the reigns on WWE for a bit but he's gonna definitely try and do both.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

So yeah DoN was a huge success in every sense.

Double or Nothing is currently estimated at doing roughly 98,000 buys between television and digital PPV, with close to a 50/50 split between the two . This tells a lot about the audience because most current products do 15 to 25 percent of their orders digitally these days, aside from UFC which has made a deal to move off television. About two-thirds came from the U.S., with the U.K., which aired the pregame show on ITV 4, being the strong second followed by Australia, Germany and Canada. The number isn’t quite double what All In did, but it also did so at a significantly higher U.S. price point. With replay buys, it should easily top ECW’s biggest-ever show (99,000) and be the biggest PPV in pro wrestling history that wasn’t produced by WWE or WCW. It also soundly beat the last UFC digital-exclusive events, and wasn’t far behind the previous show.

Nobody has ever done anything close to this without regular television exposure since the 2002 Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock and 2004 Chuck Liddell vs. Ortiz fights. Impact in its 16 years, with Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, Jeff Hardy and others all at the same time only did half that a few times and never came close. ECW only came close once.