WWE

lharris92

4 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

That was nearly 20 years ago.

Wild card rule is doing my head in. I think there has been some good matches on WWE this past week but because half of them have had a opposite brand superstar in them, you know what the outcome of the match is going to be before it starts.

Apparently the London Raw tonight wont have the "wild card" rule as the Smackdown folk are touring elsewhere.

I've got tixs which I bought in Nov but after the last weeks of it being utter shit I can't drum up the enthusiasm.

Just now, jump said:

Apparently the London Raw tonight wont have the "wild card" rule as the Smackdown folk are touring elsewhere.

I've got tixs which I bought in Nov but after the last weeks of it being utter shit I can't drum up the enthusiasm.

Do you think it is worse than this time last year? I thought WWE was dreadful for ages after Mania last year, feuds were all over the place. At least it has some slight direction at the moment. It's not good but it's not as bad as last year.

I really get the feeling they're panicking atm. Reports of the scripts being finished as the shows air.

47 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Do you think it is worse than this time last year? I thought WWE was dreadful for ages after Mania last year, feuds were all over the place. At least it has some slight direction at the moment. It's not good but it's not as bad as last year.

I really get the feeling they're panicking atm. Reports of the scripts being finished as the shows air.

I remember more to be excited about last year. There was the new Matt Hardy & Wyatt team, Nakamura turning heel in a feud with AJ, Braun was still legit and Ronda & Bryan were now part of the roster. Of course some of it turned to shit though.

Right now I'm waiting for AJ vs Seth to kick in rather than me being excited for it now, the Firefly Funhouse stuff is good and MITB but there's not much else. Too many people have cooled off post-'mania imo.

Edited by jump

8 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

That was nearly 20 years ago.

Wild card rule is doing my head in. I think there has been some good matches on WWE this past week but because half of them have had a opposite brand superstar in them, you know what the outcome of the match is going to be before it starts.

I'm aware! I just think it's so ironic. 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

My mate sent me that Bray video this morning. 10000% onboard with it. Let's just hope they don't mess it up but this looks like it could be genuinely great.

Is it just me or does he look like the he's auditioning to be the new drummer in Slipknot?

1 hour ago, When Jokers Attack said:

The Bret Hart match?

I forgot they were adding that to the network.

Nah, I'm talking about the Raw last night. After weeks of shit it was actually an enjoyable show.

I think they need to go all in with the Bray character and stick one of the world titles on him quickly. The 2 world champions are dull as champions so get the other on Drew.

For all the criticism of the Saudi show I am quite interested in Taker v Goldberg. Hopefully the prince has enough money to get the Austin v hogan match we never had!

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think they need to go all in with the Bray character and stick one of the world titles on him quickly. The 2 world champions are dull as champions so get the other on Drew.

Did you forget his last reign?  He had the worst world title match in mania history. 

Triple H frustrated with Vince

Some notes regarding different things of late. Paul Levesque, while never saying anything publicly, those close to the situation say he’s very frustrated with how things are going on the main roster. One person noted that a big problem isn’t Vince not being open to suggestions, but that they believe he’s far too open these days to suggestions and that it ends up watering down all the original visions and storylines. We’re told that there has been too much input from too many people on the team who haven’t figured out that when you change something in a story, it has a ripple effect on every aspect of the story. He solicits input on so much from so many people that it leads to things being watered down. There is a question of how Vince is going to cope with things early next year once the XFL starts. I can recall in 2001 when everyone doing both was just exhausted during football season. For better or worse, Vince’s workload is crazy now. He’s often in the office past midnight, close to 3 a.m. at least once a week and Friday’s his easy day, he’s working until 8 p.m. It’s mostly work and lifting weights, and occasionally watching some football on the weekend. The feeling is once the XFL starts, even though he says nothing will change, that it is simply impossible that’s the case unless he spends little time on the XFL. And since he’s got so much riding on the XFL, and is spending so much money on it, I can’t see him staying out of it. Regarding the family, Levesque picks his spots to talk with Vince, but never does it in front of anyone. Stephanie has nothing to do with creative. Shane does pitch ideas for himself but they rarely get used

^He's not saying much publicity but Trips is liking tweets slagging off Vince and then un-liking them in a weird High School drama way.

There is a podcast out some where that has some comments from the creative team and it's the same. The writers come up with stuff and it get's turned down by Vince so they have given up writing clever stories for the fans and just writing for what Vince will say yes to.

1 hour ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Did you forget his last reign?  He had the worst world title match in mania history. 

Reveal hidden contents

Some notes regarding different things of late. Paul Levesque, while never saying anything publicly, those close to the situation say he’s very frustrated with how things are going on the main roster. One person noted that a big problem isn’t Vince not being open to suggestions, but that they believe he’s far too open these days to suggestions and that it ends up watering down all the original visions and storylines. We’re told that there has been too much input from too many people on the team who haven’t figured out that when you change something in a story, it has a ripple effect on every aspect of the story. He solicits input on so much from so many people that it leads to things being watered down. There is a question of how Vince is going to cope with things early next year once the XFL starts. I can recall in 2001 when everyone doing both was just exhausted during football season. For better or worse, Vince’s workload is crazy now. He’s often in the office past midnight, close to 3 a.m. at least once a week and Friday’s his easy day, he’s working until 8 p.m. It’s mostly work and lifting weights, and occasionally watching some football on the weekend. The feeling is once the XFL starts, even though he says nothing will change, that it is simply impossible that’s the case unless he spends little time on the XFL. And since he’s got so much riding on the XFL, and is spending so much money on it, I can’t see him staying out of it. Regarding the family, Levesque picks his spots to talk with Vince, but never does it in front of anyone. Stephanie has nothing to do with creative. Shane does pitch ideas for himself but they rarely get used

They had killed his character by the time they gave him the title. I don't want them to make the same mistake again. Plenty of people who can wrestle good matches on the WWE roster, it's characters that are missing.

5 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

They had killed his character by the time they gave him the title. I don't want them to make the same mistake again. Plenty of people who can wrestle good matches on the WWE roster, it's characters that are missing.

I agree it's a fresh character but I would wait to see how it is before you stick the belt on him. Rollins/Corbin looks like the next feud anyway.

Ric Flair is back in hospital, hope he pulls through!

edit: TMZ report was inaccurate, was a planned procedure.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Cracks in AEW has started, the Hangman Page vs Pac match has been binned at Double or Nothing. Apparently Pac is refusing to job as he's the Dragon Gate champ and doesn't want to do the promotion a disservice by losing to a different company whilst carrying the belt. So spoilers it does mean that whoever replaces him against Page is gonna lose.

7 hours ago, jump said:

Cracks in AEW has started, the Hangman Page vs Pac match has been binned at Double or Nothing. Apparently Pac is refusing to job as he's the Dragon Gate champ and doesn't want to do the promotion a disservice by losing to a different company whilst carrying the belt. So spoilers it does mean that whoever replaces him against Page is gonna lose.

I'm not certain that is evidence of cracks, just the reality that politics has always existed in wrestling and always will.

I felt people were a bit naive about AEW and felt because they were the home of the internet darlings they would be above these things. I think their structure (handing a lot of power to certain wrestlers) makes it more likely politics plays a big role.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm not certain that is evidence of cracks, 

Your posts are so weird. They are cancelling matches because they can't agree on the winner which you feel isn't a sign of crack and then talk about how it's gonna be more politics backstage.

5 minutes ago, jump said:

Your posts are so weird. They are cancelling matches because they can't agree on the winner which you feel isn't a sign of crack and then talk about how it's gonna be more politics backstage.

I don't see backstage politics as evidence of cracks. Name me a wrestling company that doesn't/hasn't had politics. Wrestlers have refused to lose matches as long as I can remember.

Agree it's not sign of cracks at all. No one even knows the full story yet but I assume Dragon Gate didn't want their world champion to lose, belts mean something in Japan. It isn't a trophy. As i say I don't know full story but AEW surely should have had the discussion with PAC/DG before hand with regards to the booking. Thing is in the future they will hopefully make sure to have this sorted in advance because of this incident. Problems like this were always going to arise with not having people signed to exclusive contracts. Pac/Page had their match last night in England and ended in a DQ. AEW (once again speculation) likely don't want a non finish on their first ppv and this is what has caused the issue. Once again if this is the reason AEW are to blame as should have told non contracted guys the booking in advance. This happens all the time in the wrestling business. Toni Storm vs Bea Priestley in Stardom last week, WWE pulled their champion from the match because Bea is AEW.

6 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Agree it's not sign of cracks at all. No one even knows the full story yet but I assume Dragon Gate didn't want their world champion to lose, belts mean something in Japan. It isn't a trophy. As i say I don't know full story but AEW surely should have had the discussion with PAC/DG before hand with regards to the booking. Thing is in the future they will hopefully make sure to have this sorted in advance because of this incident. Problems like this were always going to arise with not having people signed to exclusive contracts. Pac/Page had their match last night in England and ended in a DQ. AEW (once again speculation) likely don't want a non finish on their first ppv and this is what has caused the issue. Once again if this is the reason AEW are to blame as should have told non contracted guys the booking in advance. This happens all the time in the wrestling business. Toni Storm vs Bea Priestley in Stardom last week, WWE pulled their champion from the match because Bea is AEW.

That could be a possible reason, although looking at his time in the WWE I wouldn't discount the possibility that he is just a difficult person to deal with.

AEW will have the same issues every mainstream company has with people unhappy about their pay, creative,looking to move on etc. You always hear people who wrestled in WCW and WWE saying that in the former you never knew who was on charge. I suspect AEW will have the same issues.