WWE

lharris92

Just now, pink_triangle said:

Isn't the main man in Saudi Arabia an attitude fan? I guess you get what you pay for.

That comment was also pointed at the last few comments about people going on about the good 'ol days again rather than the latest Saudi propaganda show :P

I think he's more of a general wrestling fan than that. The crazy sod wanted Yokozuna originally as that's his favourite wrestler which is why they had a random sumo show up in the Royal Rumble. 

It's like WWE has lost the plot.

You've got two of the most talent hard hitting tag teams not even having their advertised match (in a time when the tag division needs to be rebuilt) in favour of "comedy" skits about itchy bums, the superstar shake up has become pointless with 3 "wild cards" which don't apply to anyone specifically even though four Smackdown wild cards showed up (?) and for all that talk a few months ago about no more rematches has resulted in 'mania rematches. The most disappointing bit was AJ teasing a Bullet Club reunion only for it to not happen. At least Kofi vs Bryan was good.

Edited by jump

16 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

The Revival are being buried because they turned down a new deal and are leaving.

The funny thing is WWE told them give it 3 months and they fix the division and promote them which has turned into this shit.

The Rival vs Anderson & Gallows would have been (as long as it got more than 10mins) fucking brilliant.

3 hours ago, jump said:

It's like WWE has lost the plot.

You've got two of the most talent hard hitting tag teams not even having their advertised match (in a time when the tag division needs to be rebuilt) in favour of "comedy" skits about itchy bums, the superstar shake up has become pointless with 3 "wild cards" which don't apply to anyone specifically even though four Smackdown wild cards showed up (?) and for all that talk a few months ago about no more rematches has resulted in 'mania rematches. The most disappointing bit was AJ teasing a Bullet Club reunion only for it to not happen. At least Kofi vs Bryan was good.

It gets worse every week, twitter is full of fans hating it, every single dirt sheet journo is shitting on the product, there is only ONE person I've seen defend the product and that's pink triangle who MUST, MUST be Vince McMahon. Has to be. Or Linda. 

I've never seen so much hate for the product, the numbers drop every single week, nothing makes sense, there were actually 6 SD guys on Raw even though they repeated there can be 3 a million times over. 

Meanwhile ill say again, impact was a bloody awesome show again this week. Guys it's on channel 5 on demand, go watch impact and ENJOY a wrestling show again. Its actually FUN. 

I am at the point now where I can not be bothered watching or even paying attention to WWE. They’re quickly approaching 2011-12 levels of dog shit. They have no idea wtf they are doing. Vince seemed out of it during his promo last night. The old man needs to stop. 

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

It gets worse every week, twitter is full of fans hating it, every single dirt sheet journo is shitting on the product, there is only ONE person I've seen defend the product and that's pink triangle who MUST, MUST be Vince McMahon. Has to be. Or Linda. 

I'm not convinced I am that defensive of the product. It's become too much workrate/athleticism and not enough character/story for me. 

There are plenty of wrestlers I like, but think Kofi and Seth are pretty weak champions. I don't watch raw as it's too long, my network bank card expired a few weeks ago and I haven't renewed.

I probably will renew, but apart from monthly specials, I would rather watch older stuff than current.

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

i am at the point now where I can not be bothered watching or even paying attention to WWE. They’re quickly approaching 2011-12 levels of dog shit. They have no idea wtf they are doing. Vince seemed out of it during his promo last night. The old man needs to stop. 

At least then you had the Summer of Punk. Kofi, Braun & Becky whilst over still have cooled off and I can't see WWE creating a feud to spark them again.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm not convinced I am that defensive of the product. 

YOU WERE DEFENDING THE NAME "VIKING EXPERINECE"!!! ? 

Edited by jump

I just saw an interview with rhyno where he says he's under contract until mid July and WWE offered him more than DOUBLE what he is currently on just to sit at home and not be used just to keep him away from other companies. 

WWE is a fucking disgrace. I hate Vince, guy is a prick, he would LOVE AEW, Impact, ROH all to go under cus he's scared of competition cus he just wants to own the industry that way he can be as shit as he likes. Instead of making his own product better he would rather suck but still be the only product, I hope more people walk, I really do. This is just the start of it, no one is getting a release now, no-one and you wait and see more and more and more guys will leave. 

Vince has absolutely got himself in a position where he's fucked it. This is his arrogance just like in mid 90's when he didn't move with the times and WCW nearly put him out of business. I don't want to see any company go out of business, but damn he's a prick. 

45 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I just saw an interview with rhyno where he says he's under contract until mid July and WWE offered him more than DOUBLE what he is currently on just to sit at home and not be used just to keep him away from other companies. 

WWE is a fucking disgrace. I hate Vince, guy is a prick, he would LOVE AEW, Impact, ROH all to go under cus he's scared of competition cus he just wants to own the industry that way he can be as shit as he likes. Instead of making his own product better he would rather suck but still be the only product, I hope more people walk, I really do. This is just the start of it, no one is getting a release now, no-one and you wait and see more and more and more guys will leave. 

Vince has absolutely got himself in a position where he's fucked it. This is his arrogance just like in mid 90's when he didn't move with the times and WCW nearly put him out of business. I don't want to see any company go out of business, but damn he's a prick. 

I’m surprised they think Rhyno would have that much impact. Fair enough for him turning the offer down, but I can completely understand someone taking the money not to work.

Since there's no worry about a Hulk Hogan type* that can be used to launch a promotion the way WCW did they should just let folks go, it would probably damage their rivals more like when TNA kept pushing has been mid-carders which only devalues their own product and wrestlers. There's a few like Sasha Banks who could be helpful as AEW women's division is ok but you could build a women's division around Sasha.

*maybe Cena but he's a company man who wants to do movies now anyway.

10 hours ago, jump said:

Since there's no worry about a Hulk Hogan type* that can be used to launch a promotion the way WCW did they should just let folks go, it would probably damage their rivals more like when TNA kept pushing has been mid-carders which only devalues their own product and wrestlers. There's a few like Sasha Banks who could be helpful as AEW women's division is ok but you could build a women's division around Sasha.

*maybe Cena but he's a company man who wants to do movies now anyway.

Hogan was in WCW for 2 years before he went heel and in those 2 years him being there did nothing. 

That nWo heel turn was something that people were like, told word of mouth and they were like OK I'll take a look at that and the show was refreshing but at the same time had a lot of the old school guys. They had EVERYTHING at that time

Old school from 80s early 90s Hogan, Earthquake, Macho Man, Kamala, Beefcake, Dibiase, Piper. 

The new generation wwf Lugar, Nash, Hall, 123 Kid

They still had big WCW stars Sting, Flair, Arn, 

They had their own stars coming up Giant, DDP, Goldberg

They had the cruiserweights

They took all the ECW talent in Jericho, Benoit, Eddie. 

They had Japanese guys on there

They literally had something for every type of wrestling fan, it was well produced and with the nWo gimmick it was the hottest gimmick going and it felt like you were part of the movement. 

THAT. That that part alone is what people are buying into in AEW, they want to jump on the hot new thing, the cool thing, be part of the movement. 

That's the only thing AEW has going for it, people did it with TNA, they'll pretend they didn't and yeah it took a hell of a lot longer into its life that straight away like AEW but when Angle jumped to TNA and headbutted Joe that was a moment. They just didn't grow it enough, they of all people Hogan came in and pushed the company in the wrong direction, now WWE took nearly all TNAs stars from then. 

Impact has reinvented itself but it can't get the cool tag back. AEW once it's been around a little bit, people will move onto the next thing. Only if they got Punk in would it be a worthy jump. Problem is. Punk was over the most as a rebel. AEW whole identity is its a rebel promotion against WWE, if Punk arrived who's he rebelling against? Cody? He's the savior, there's no one for Punk to work that angle against. 

AEW are in a tough spot. Cus everyone associated with it is a darling to the fan base. 

I see they've partnered with ITV in UK. To air the PPV on box office, if ITV pick up the show that would be good. Would rather they had done a UK promotion done right though. 

4 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Hogan was in WCW for 2 years before he went heel and in those 2 years him being there did nothing. 

That nWo heel turn was something that people were like, told word of mouth and they were like OK I'll take a look at that and the show was refreshing but at the same time had a lot of the old school guys. They had EVERYTHING at that time

Old school from 80s early 90s Hogan, Earthquake, Macho Man, Kamala, Beefcake, Dibiase, Piper. 

The new generation wwf Lugar, Nash, Hall, 123 Kid

They still had big WCW stars Sting, Flair, Arn, 

They had their own stars coming up Giant, DDP, Goldberg

They had the cruiserweights

They took all the ECW talent in Jericho, Benoit, Eddie. 

They had Japanese guys on there

They literally had something for every type of wrestling fan, it was well produced and with the nWo gimmick it was the hottest gimmick going and it felt like you were part of the movement. 

THAT. That that part alone is what people are buying into in AEW, they want to jump on the hot new thing, the cool thing, be part of the movement. 

That's the only thing AEW has going for it, people did it with TNA, they'll pretend they didn't and yeah it took a hell of a lot longer into its life that straight away like AEW but when Angle jumped to TNA and headbutted Joe that was a moment. They just didn't grow it enough, they of all people Hogan came in and pushed the company in the wrong direction, now WWE took nearly all TNAs stars from then. 

Impact has reinvented itself but it can't get the cool tag back. AEW once it's been around a little bit, people will move onto the next thing. Only if they got Punk in would it be a worthy jump. Problem is. Punk was over the most as a rebel. AEW whole identity is its a rebel promotion against WWE, if Punk arrived who's he rebelling against? Cody? He's the savior, there's no one for Punk to work that angle against. 

AEW are in a tough spot. Cus everyone associated with it is a darling to the fan base. 

I see they've partnered with ITV in UK. To air the PPV on box office, if ITV pick up the show that would be good. Would rather they had done a UK promotion done right though. 

Whilst the NWO was hot as fuck people forgot that when WCW got Hogan in they were trading victories with WWE in the ratings even with how dull Hogan was at that point.

I disagree about how CM Punk only works as a rebel, his Straight Edge Society gimmick was great. I doubt he's coming back to wrestling anyway. The rebel against the evil GM/owners angel needs a rest, it's been almost non-stop since Austin and if it's Steph it just ends up burying the wrestlers.

People are jumping into AEW because All In was such a success and the guys running it are legit stars. They sold out a 17k building for their first ever show. Didn't see TNA or even WCW doing that. TNA at peak could never even draw that. 

Outside of the Cody promo on killing the attitude era, where has AEW rebelled against WWE? They have said themselves, they want to provide an alternative and are even open to working with WWE. Won't happen but they aren't going to be attacking  WWE on air like WCW did. CM Punk would be cool and it may happen but not bothered if it doesn't. He could easily feud with Omega. Who is the face of the company and the top star. All talk of Punk is speculation and unlikely to happen anyway. Roster looks brilliant with a great variation of talent. Looking forward to seeing the guys coming over from China.

Great news with ITV airing the PPV. £14.95 isn;t bad at all. Yes the Network is cheaper but this is a new company without an on demand service. Boxing fights cost more than AEW will. I expect the TV show will also be on ITV when the deal is done. ITV Wrestling launched a twitter page and are under the ITV Sport umbrella. No mention of WOS, which was under the entertainment dept.

23 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

One thing I dont understand is that AEW want to be the hot new thing, yet have hired JR who has been past his best for years.

Also AEW will have politics like every other wrestling company in history. Having wrestlers as part of the management could go badly.

JR is a commentator. 

You can have commentators for years and years, if they are good/legendary. ITV kept Murray Walker when they got Formula One, even though he was 73/4 at the time. And they would've gladly kept him for years if he wanted to carry on- even if he was starting to lose it at the end. In fact, sticking with the F1 example, I am convinced people disliked James Allen doing the F1 commentary because he wasn't Murray Walker. Same way people gave Michael Cole heat for years. 

Also, think about what commentators people are fond of today. It's the old ones mostly, or the ones who have been there for years. It's also the one's people can name.

ITV Football? Clive Tyldsley. Sky Football: Martin Tyler. Cricket: Richie Benaud (and he's been dead for ages!), F1: Murray Walker or Martin Brundle . Golf: Peter Alliss. Darts: Sid Waddell (and he's been dead for years as well) etc etc.

People like familiarity in their broadcasters. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Liam said:

JR is a commentator. 

You can have commentators for years and years, if they are good/legendary. ITV kept Murray Walker when they got Formula One, even though he was 73/4 at the time. And they would've gladly kept him for years if he wanted to carry on- even if he was starting to lose it at the end. In fact, sticking with the F1 example, I am convinced people disliked James Allen doing the F1 commentary because he wasn't Murray Walker. Same way people gave Michael Cole heat for years. 

Also, think about what commentators people are fond of today. It's the old ones mostly, or the ones who have been there for years. It's also the one's people can name.

ITV Football? Clive Tyldsley. Sky Football: Martin Tyler. Cricket: Richie Benaud (and he's been dead for ages!), F1: Murray Walker or Martin Brundle . Golf: Peter Alliss. Darts: Sid Waddell (and he's been dead for years as well) etc etc.

People like familiarity in their broadcasters. 

I think JR is fine bringing back for one match in a ppv like WWE used to do. I think his days as a decent lead commentator are gone.

JR is bloody awful and has been for a LONG time, agree if he was just calling one match, he can pull it off but a whole show, no chance. 

Michael Cole? Always been shit. In fact I pretty much hate WWE commentary full stop. It's like wrestlers promos overproduced, feels scripted and doesn't feel natural whatsoever.

Mauro Ranallo is absolutely fantastic on NXT however. McGuinness was good but feels a little stiff sometimes, he was great when he did commentary for a bit in TNA. 

Impact I cant believe how much better Josh Matthews is now Anthem is in charge and JB left, him and Callas are a awesome team. JB is hands down one of the worst commentators i've ever heard in my life. God he was awful.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:20 PM, luckysalt said:

Oh yeah looks like AEW announcing their TV deal next week which is looking like its TNT, which is so weird as TNT no longer wanting to air WCW is what killed it off finally

That was nearly 20 years ago.

Wild card rule is doing my head in. I think there has been some good matches on WWE this past week but because half of them have had a opposite brand superstar in them, you know what the outcome of the match is going to be before it starts.