WWE

lharris92

On 4/26/2019 at 2:30 PM, jump said:

I'm not so sure WWE are clever/willing enough to use her wanting to leave as part of a storyline even if it's just as a miss-direction for a surprise return. If someone high profile changed their mind about leaving in the current state of everyone wanting out I would have thought they'd bring her back to TV to make a show of her wanting to stay now.

I'd love for her to turn heel and win the MITB tho, she's always been my favourite performer on the women's roster.

Yes it's a long shot. They did recently with the Revival, they wanted out and they gave them a title run 

7 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Just read back a few pages on here, well the last 5 since I posted and its barmy the bickering on here. 

WWE now and WWE in 96/7, you just can't compare. 

The roster now is so stacked compared to 96/7. It was much easier to break through then than now. Look at 96 for example. WWE had world champions on their roster, Bret Hart missing most of 96. Undertaker, brief couple days champion back in 1990, Yokozuna who was buried at this point, they brought Vader in from WCW, Faarooq from WCW and Shawn Michales who was your fresh champion. 

Now you have a ton of former world champions all on the roster and one of the best midcards, its so stacked. 

When you think about it, is this the best wrestling roster a promotion has ever had? In terms of not only name value but talent.

While they have multiple world champions now, the fact that Bray, Fin, Jinder etc held the titles means very little to them now. Look back at 96/97 there was only one world title and I think being champion felt like it meant something.  I completely agree that the upper midcard is completely stacked, but would maintain that it is lacking in viable main eventers.

In terms of if the roster is the most talented, I suppose it depends how you define talent. If your talking about athleticism and workrate then WWE is as good as it has ever been. If your talking psychology, mic work and being able to create a character then its not .

Then when you think about all this and then you see Vince come out on conference calls and say business was down because of injuries, they have probably the most stacked roster in wrestling history, really pisses me off and shows how pathetic the guy is, no ownership of responsibility at all, when you really look at it, WWE, apart from times for example when they let CM Punk roll with it, from the original brand split in 2002, it has quite honestly been an awful product. The resources they have and in general the product is just simply bad. 

The "awful product" generates a load of money and I have no doubt that shareholders are happy for them to keep the current path.

Its happened since Vince took the decision to stop having wrestling people write the show and wrestlers their own promos to hiring TV writers to do it. Its been too long that it hasn't worked and I don't understand why they haven't just held up their hands and gone yup we are a wrestling company not just an entertainment company. I hate Vince's views on wrestling. Its what made him who he is, but its like he actually hates wrestling. The sooner HHH gets power the better. NXT is a better product. Will be interesting when it gets a TV show if its allowed to remain how it is or it becomes another pile of shit, cus if it does remain the same and does great numbers it might shake things up more than a AEW doing well would.

NXT is a better product but it it way easier to be a better product with a 1 hour weekly show and shorter special shows.  Will HHH significantly change a product that is making a load of money, I doubt it.

Best roster of talent ever for me would be NJPW 2018. 

WWE are making more money than ever but it's also the least popular it has ever been. Ratings of RAW and SD both down 25% from last year. If that isn't a cause for concern, I don't know what is. People are turning it off becase it's simply not interesting and nothing actually happens. Becky Lynch peak was Survivor Series to Rumble. I'm willing to bet now that she slowly cools off. The booking is the absolute worst it has ever been in company history. Why are people winning belts then losing every match? Nothing means anything so it's why I cannot bring myself to watch it anymore after 28 years. That's fine though as this is only my opinion and if others enjoy it that's ok. There is just so much brilliant stuff out there.

40 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

WWE are making more money than ever but it's also the least popular it has ever been. Ratings of RAW and SD both down 25% from last year. If that isn't a cause for concern, I don't know what is. People are turning it off becase it's simply not interesting and nothing actually happens. Becky Lynch peak was Survivor Series to Rumble. I'm willing to bet now that she slowly cools off. The booking is the absolute worst it has ever been in company history. Why are people winning belts then losing every match? Nothing means anything so it's why I cannot bring myself to watch it anymore after 28 years. That's fine though as this is only my opinion and if others enjoy it that's ok. There is just so much brilliant stuff out there.

It's surprising how much talent New Japan has lost in the year with The Elite, Jericho, "The Viking Experience", Kushida etc all going. I've got tixs to the New Japan show in a few months and the roster is very different to what I was watching. At least Osprey, Okada, Scrull and Ibushi are still about.

Becky has been cooling off ever since the rumble and went over the top with the booking in the build up to 'mania, it was then topped off with the weird finish. 

Edited by jump

5 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

I find that a difficult one as talent can be expressed in so many different ways. I look at the Road Dogg pre match intro as a huge talent, as is the technical skills of a Malenko, the ability to pull off a gimmick like an Undertaker, get several characters over like Foley.

Who is the most talented out of Rock and AJ Styles, out of Hogan or Daniel Bryan? How do you compare the talent of wrestlers the size of Kane with one the size of Mysterio where body type has a huge factor on what they can do. 

The way I look at it is WWE is at its best when they have a mix of people with different talents who compliment each other.

Impact did another great PPV last night, just total solid in ring work from start to finish. Real shame Cage got injured fairly early in the World Title match though, they had to struggle through it. Elgin debuted as well last night, im not sure what to think about it, Ive no idea what actually happened in his personal life, but name wise, wrestling wise, he's a good pick up. He will be a good fued with Cage. 

Check out the PPV if you have a spare bit of time. 

The tag match was a spot fest [in a good way] and Tessa v Gail was fantastic. 

Match of the night was Sami v Swann though. Outstanding this feud. 

8 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Impact did another great PPV last night, just total solid in ring work from start to finish. Real shame Cage got injured fairly early in the World Title match though, they had to struggle through it. Elgin debuted as well last night, im not sure what to think about it, Ive no idea what actually happened in his personal life, but name wise, wrestling wise, he's a good pick up. He will be a good fued with Cage. 

Check out the PPV if you have a spare bit of time. 

The tag match was a spot fest [in a good way] and Tessa v Gail was fantastic. 

Match of the night was Sami v Swann though. Outstanding this feud. 

Blanchard and Gail is something I want to check out, I swear Gail only just retired a few months ago though or was that a work?

21 hours ago, jump said:

It's surprising how much talent New Japan has lost in the year with The Elite, Jericho, "The Viking Experience", Kushida etc all going. I've got tixs to the New Japan show in a few months and the roster is very different to what I was watching. At least Osprey, Okada, Scrull and Ibushi are still about.

They aren't missing any of these guys one bit. If anything it is better now. 2018 had an overall better roster because Omega/Bucks/Kushida are huge losses but as a product it's just fine and nothing to worry about at all.

Jay White stepped up and is doing great. Ibushi has finally signed a contract and is IC champ. Ospreay is mixing it up at HW and will be going there full time soon as I think this will be his last BOSJ tournament. Shingo Takagi who signed in October has been totally shining on this latest tour, he may be the most underrated guy in the business right now, check him out if you haven't seen him. Jeff Cobb is working there more now. Dragon Lee is over full time  and is current junior champ. 

It feels fresh without The Elite. Omega is a huge loss no doubt but with Ibushi signing full time I'm not sure he will be missed. Kushida was very stale and it was probably time for him to go to WWE since NJPW wouldn't make him a HW. Jushin Liger retries at the end of year and is currently feuding with Suzuki, which has been fun so can't wait for that singles match. Also Hiromu Takahashi is due back from injury soon so another bonus as he was one of the best and most over guys on roster before his broke his neck, just hope he is still good when he comes back and not a shadow of himself.

Is that Royal Quest you have tickets for? I will be attending that. They are treating it as a major show. Ibushi/Ospreay and Okada/Sabre are my picks for top matches.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

16 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I find that a difficult one as talent can be expressed in so many different ways. I look at the Road Dogg pre match intro as a huge talent, as is the technical skills of a Malenko, the ability to pull off a gimmick like an Undertaker, get several characters over like Foley.

Who is the most talented out of Rock and AJ Styles, out of Hogan or Daniel Bryan? How do you compare the talent of wrestlers the size of Kane with one the size of Mysterio where body type has a huge factor on what they can do. 

The way I look at it is WWE is at its best when they have a mix of people with different talents who compliment each other.

That is because it is totally subjective of what you are looking for. 

I value in ring work of Dean Malenko over a Road Dogg promo. Malenko damn, he was so great.

3 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

They aren't missing any of these guys one bit. If anything it is better now.

Jay White stepped up and is doing great. Ibushi has finally signed a contract and is IC champ. Ospreay is mixing it up at HW and will be going there full time soon as I think this will be his last BOSJ tournament. Shingo Takagi who signed in October has been totally shining on this latest tour, he may be the most underrated guy in the business right now, check him out if you haven't seen him. Jeff Cobb is working there more now. Dragon Lee is over full time  and is current junior champ. 

It feels fresh without The Elite. Omega is a huge loss no doubt but with Ibushi signing full time I'm not sure he will be missed. Kushida was very stale and it was probably time for him to go to WWE since NJPW wouldn't make him a HW. Jushin Liger retries at the end of year and is currently feuding with Suzuki, which has been fun so can't wait for that singles match. Also Hiromu Takahashi is due back from injury soon so another bonus as he was one of the best and most over guys on roster before his broke his neck, just hope he is still good when he comes back and not a shadow of himself.

Is that Royal Quest you have tickets for? I will be attending that. They are treating it as a major show. Ibushi/Ospreay and Okada/Sabre are my picks for top matches.

I'm still a mark for the Elite tho, whilst the others are great it was them who really got me into New Japan. Like I said I'm happy with seeing Okada, Ibushi and Osprey even if none of them are quite Omega but then again who is.

Yeah, I'm off to Royal Quest. Have they actually announced the matches yet? Last I heard was they confirmed a bunch of their top names for it. Ibushi and Osprey will be quality!

1 minute ago, jump said:

I'm still a mark for the Elite tho, whilst the others are great it was them who really got me into New Japan. Like I said I'm happy with seeing Okada, Ibushi and Osprey even if none of them are quite Omega but then again who is.

Yeah, I'm off to Royal Quest. Have they actually announced the matches yet? Last I heard was they confirmed a bunch of their top names for it. Ibushi and Osprey will be quality!

Fair enough. I love The Elite too but I look forward to them doing something different in AEW. Tanahashi, Naito and Liger will all be there too. I can't wait to finally see Tanahashi for the first time and also it will likely be Liger's last ever UK match.

Nothing announced. They probably won't announce the card until after the G1. Ospreay/Ibushi is just my guess, that is a match they need to revisit and it would give Ospreay a high profile UK match. I could see Okada vs Sabre being the main event. Gives Sabre a high profile match in UK and he beat Okada last time NJPW were in UK.

8 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

That is because it is totally subjective of what you are looking for. 

I value in ring work of Dean Malenko over a Road Dogg promo. Malenko damn, he was so great.

WCW Malenko was awesome, WWF tried their best to give him a character and it wasn't too bad but he was badly wasted there. Used to love Malenkos gut busters from the turnbuckles. 

On 5/1/2019 at 1:21 AM, luckysalt said:

WCW Malenko was awesome, WWF tried their best to give him a character and it wasn't too bad but he was badly wasted there. Used to love Malenkos gut busters from the turnbuckles. 

When he jumped to WWF with The Radicials, they had good gimmick (and a LOT of talent in that group). Overall 2000 was a very good year for WWF, bar a bad WM but overall that year was huge

3 hours ago, A-Rob said:

When he jumped to WWF with The Radicials, they had good gimmick (and a LOT of talent in that group). Overall 2000 was a very good year for WWF, bar a bad WM but overall that year was huge

What I mean is, Malenko grew a character in WWE but they didn't have the right opponents for him. They positioned him as light heavyweight champ but there was no division. He was wasted. In WCW he wrestled all sorts and always had a good match. In one of those cases where the talent actually was used better in WCW, I'd say Saturn and Raven were better used there too. In fact most of the people who came over were. 

5 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

What I mean is, Malenko grew a character in WWE but they didn't have the right opponents for him. They positioned him as light heavyweight champ but there was no division. He was wasted. In WCW he wrestled all sorts and always had a good match. In one of those cases where the talent actually was used better in WCW, I'd say Saturn and Raven were better used there too. In fact most of the people who came over were. 

The only thing I remember from his post-Radicalz run was him letting Lita challenge for the Light Heavyweight belt on the condition he has a date with her.

Speaking of yesteryear Goldberg has been announced for Saudi show, I'm not sure what the plan is with him. He can only manage squash matches so I'd imagine it's him crushing Tyler Breeze or No Way Jose.

Everything always come back to the attitude era...

Has anyone seen Dean Ambrose/John Moxley return vid? There's no germ masks, side kick plants or James Ellsworth in sight!

1 hour ago, jump said:

Has anyone seen Dean Ambrose/John Moxley return vid? There's no germ masks, side kick plants or James Ellsworth in sight!

With WWE? There’s been something strange about them making such a big deal of someone when they’re leaving.

Assuming from the above he’s staying?

11 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

With WWE? There’s been something strange about them making such a big deal of someone when they’re leaving.

Assuming from the above he’s staying?

Nah, it's a video he created himself and posted it on his new twitter account. It was to promote him going back to the name of John Moxley which is what he use to be known as on the indies before joining WWE.

They have been nicey-nice to him leaving as they want him back eventually, even if it's just for a Shield reunion, which has been their biggest money maker in the last few years. 

Ambrose video was awesome. Best thing he has done in years. Happy for the guy gettting to go out and have fun again (death matches I'm guessing). Reckon he will end up in GCW and other indies then Impact or AEW.

How long until the belt is back on Lesnar then?

Has anyone been watching the Viceland: Dark Side of The Ring series? Don't think they have aired in UK yet but they are out there in usual places and a few on You Tube.

Six forty minute documentaries on the dark side of wrestling. some are much more 'darker' than others. Just watched the one on The Von Erich family (4 out of 5 brothers committed suicide), I know the story very well but it was so well made and Kevin the only surviving brother is so great in it. The other episodes so far: The Bruisier Brody one was very good. Montreal Screwjob was good but a lot of bullshit in it, Cornette and Russo bickering never ends haha. Macho Man and Elizabeth was weakest one but was still ok. The last two to air are on Gino Hernandez and one on Moolah. If they do a second season they have episodes on Benoit and Dino Bravo ready to go.

3 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I would say Saturn was used about the same in both.

Malenko was used better in WCW but the WWE roster was so stacked, it's easy to see how someone small and without personally was lost in the shuffle.

Also some people like Eddy, Benoit, Booker, Hurricane and Chavo were used better in the WWE.