WWE

lharris92

I was so freaking annoyed when I read that that they changed their name.

Even their theme song was related to their gimmick, as in the intro the crowd chants, war, war, war. 

I do wonder why they bother with NXT sometimes, they produce great wrestlers with good gimmicks but then just ignore it when they are called up to the main roster. Ricochet and Black is mind boggling that they think they work as tag team more than they would as single stars. You can't even use the argument they are there to build up the tag division as Raw is a fucking mess and need proper dedicated teams to build it up rather than make shift teams.

Also it seems like it's been ignore but Sanity have broken up or Eric Young has split from them to go to Raw with the rest on Smackdown. What a shame as they were great in NXT.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:19 PM, pink_triangle said:

The trouble is I think a product based on athleticism and work rate will never become a hot mainstream product again. 

However to counter that for all that people complain WWE is making loads of money, so maybe making more money from less people is the future.

WWE is making more money from less people because it's a mainstream product.

That STUPID bullet sound at the start of Ricochet’s music now too. They’re fucking clueless sometimes. 

Who do we think will be moving to SD tonight then? I think: 

Brock Lesnar (like that makes any difference) 

Roman Reigns 

Braun Strowman 

Kairi Sane & Io Shirai

Pete Dunne 

Maybe the Undisputed Era... 

+ others 

Edited by Andre91

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That STUPID bullet sound at the start of Ricochet’s music now too. They’re fucking clueless sometimes. 

Who do we think will be moving to SD tonight then? I think: 

Brock Lesnar (like that makes any difference) 

Roman Reigns 

Braun Strowman 

Kairi Sane & Io Shirai

Pete Dunne 

Maybe the Undisputed Era... 

+ others 

They have Braun going Samoa Joe so that's a given, Kairi Sane & Io Shirai will be the tag team Paige said she's gonna manage otherwise it's probably Duke & Shafir (and possibly Baszler too), Dunne is a good shout too since he's dropped his belt and can't stay in NXT forever, I reckon Natalya or Ember Moon (I honestly think Ember could be a stand out star) will move over to Smackdown and Lashley since they will be short of heels and he fits in with Fox's wishes of a more UFC style product.

Also there's Sasha Banks who been replaced by Naomi in the Boss n Hug Connection...if she comes back.

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, A-Rob said:

I was so freaking annoyed when I read that that they changed their name.

Even their theme song was related to their gimmick, as in the intro the crowd chants, war, war, war. 

I don't think the name is the most important thing. Edge is a multi time world champion with one of the dumbest names in history.

I can see an argument that they don't want the word war in their name on the main roster. I can also see that they think Viking has potential in terms of merchandise. I don't care too much either way, they will live and die by talent and creative, rather than name.

32 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't think the name is the most important thing. Edge is a multi time world champion with one of the dumbest names in history.

I can see an argument that they don't want the word war in their name on the main roster. I can also see that they think Viking has potential in terms of merchandise. I don't care too much either way, they will live and die by talent and creative, rather than name.

If you can't have the name War on the main roster then why call it them in NXT? I'm not buying it's War is banned on the main roster tho, they were calling Drew, Braun and Dolph "The Dogs Of War" and Ember Moon is dubbed the "War Goddess". It also doesn't explain why they changed their individual names too.

Edited by jump

20 minutes ago, jump said:

If you can't have the name War on the main roster then why call it them in NXT? I'm not buying it's War is banned on the main roster tho, they were calling Drew, Braun and Dolph "The Dogs Of War" and Ember Moon is dubbed the "War Goddess".

I haven't got a clue if that's the reason, I'm throwing ideas out. It could be that they think vikings are easier to market to kids.

Most raw/smackdown watchers don't watch NXT so won't know who they are anyway. I personally think they are a team that would have benefited from a few weeks of vignettes.

? is it a given that Vince has to put all NXT call ups back a year or two when they come up to main?

I was so confused when it was "Viking Experience" 

Also the bullet noise for Ricochet had me checking my other open taps to see what it was. Had no clue they'd added it to his theme.

Usos to Raw is a biggie I think, that division needs the shake up the most.

26 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I haven't got a clue if that's the reason, I'm throwing ideas out. It could be that they think vikings are easier to market to kids.

Most raw/smackdown watchers don't watch NXT so won't know who they are anyway. I personally think they are a team that would have benefited from a few weeks of vignettes.

If they had call them War Vikings or Viking Raiders maybe but The Viking Experience is fucking abysmal regardless of the spin. It doesn't roll off the tongue and "experience" isn't exactly a kiddie term.

Maybe WWE are hoping all the kiddies that have been play wrestling each other have had such a hard blows to the head it's put them in a retarded state which they think The Viking Experience is a cool name.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jump said:

If they had call them War Vikings or Viking Raiders maybe but The Viking Experience is fucking abysmal regardless of the spin. It doesn't roll off the tongue and "experience" isn't exactly a kiddie term.

Maybe WWE are hoping all the kiddies that have been play wrestling each other have had such a hard blows to the head it's put them in a retarded state which they think The Viking Experience is a cool name.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's the best name, if commentators struggle with it, they will end up shortening or changing.

I however believe the name won't stop them getting over. I remember the internet going into meltdown about the Daniel Bryan name!

The Viking Raiders or just The Raiders just sounds so much better. The Viking Experience sounds like a cruise round the fjords in Norway. Even changing their names from Hanson and Rowe is dumb. Erik and Ivar couldn’t sound more cliched if they tried. 

Aleister Black & Ricochet should be RAW tag team champions already. They shouldn’t even be a team, really, as they’re so great individually. Aleister should have been put straight into the Universal Title hunt from the off. 

On a side note, Matt Riddle should go up immediately. I think he is their next big star. 

47 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Viking Raiders or just The Raiders just sounds so much better. The Viking Experience sounds like a cruise round the fjords in Norway. Even changing their names from Hanson and Rowe is dumb. Erik and Ivar couldn’t sound more cliched if they tried. 

Aleister Black & Ricochet should be RAW tag team champions already. They shouldn’t even be a team, really, as they’re so great individually. Aleister should have been put straight into the Universal Title hunt from the off. 

On a side note, Matt Riddle should go up immediately. I think he is their next big star. 

It wouldnt surprise me if the name "the raider's" is already trademarked. As for changing their individual names I dont think it's a big deal. Most viewers don't know who they are anyway. If they are successful people will quickly get used to their names.

As for Black and Ricochet I'm fine them being in the tag division as it gives a new audience the chance to get used to then and stops them getting lost in the shuffle in the upper mid card. I think these days people want to rush things. The likes of Austin, Hart, HBK etc took years to be main eventers.

40 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It wouldnt surprise me if the name "the raider's" is already trademarked. As for changing their individual names I dont think it's a big deal. Most viewers don't know who they are anyway. If they are successful people will quickly get used to their names.

As for Black and Ricochet I'm fine them being in the tag division as it gives a new audience the chance to get used to then and stops them getting lost in the shuffle in the upper mid card. I think these days people want to rush things. The likes of Austin, Hart, HBK etc took years to be main eventers.

Being in the tag division isn't a direction, if they were having feuds or chasing the title sure but the same applies for being single wrestlers.

Austin won the Royal Rumble and King In The Ring (when it was something that mattered) during his first 12 months, he wasn't given the title instantly but they saw he was a big talent and pushed him as such. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I agree on Riddle, he's a star for the future. I reckon he'll be added to Smackdown when they go to Fox as a surprise debut. I'm just hoping Vince isn't put off by him since he's not a big sweaty guy.

Edited by jump

6 minutes ago, jump said:

Austin won the Royal Rumble and King In The Ring (when it was something that mattered) during his first 12 months, he wasn't given the title instantly but they saw he was a big talent and pushed him as such. 

Austin was in WCW for several years, he was bought in to WWF to be a mid carder, the top stars loved working with him on house shows and the rest is history. He definitely wasn't brought in to be a world title contender, nor was he pushed at that level when he first signed.

As I have said what's the rush with Ricochet and Black, you can't push everyone in the main event and WWE is pretty stacked in the upper/mid card. I think a gradual build will be better for both. I'm sure both will become main eventers, but don't need to be 2 months after debuting.

15 minutes ago, jump said:

I agree on Riddle, he's a star for the future. I reckon he'll be added to Smackdown when they go to Fox as a surprise debut. I'm just hoping Vince isn't put off by him since he's not a big sweaty guy.

I think NXT is not at it's strongest, but he is one of the standouts. I feel that they have promoted so many recently that it's probably best to wait. I would also like to see Velveteen who is the only one I see as a bigger standout than Riddle.

Velveteen Dream will be ruined on the main roster. I have zero faith that Vince will understand him and how to use him. 

Matt Riddle would be a great call up later on in the year now you say. Give him a run with the NXT Championship and then call him up when SD switches to Fox. He needs to topple Lesnar at Mania at some point. That’s what’s left on Riddle’s list, isn’t it, ‘Retire Brock Lesnar’ :P 

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Austin was in WCW for several years, he was bought in to WWF to be a mid carder, the top stars loved working with him on house shows and the rest is history. He definitely wasn't brought in to be a world title contender, nor was he pushed at that level when he first signed.

As I have said what's the rush with Ricochet and Black, you can't push everyone in the main event and WWE is pretty stacked in the upper/mid card. I think a gradual build will be better for both. I'm sure both will become main eventers, but don't need to be 2 months after debuting.

Ricochet and Black have as much or more experience as Austin did when he first signed to WWE.

If you consider when he dropped the Ring Master gimmick to become Stone Cold it would have been 2 months when he won the King Of The Ring. Stone Cold got as big as he did as they gave him something to do and he caught fire, aimless filler matches wont let them get over.

8 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think NXT is not at it's strongest, but he is one of the standouts. I feel that they have promoted so many recently that it's probably best to wait. I would also like to see Velveteen who is the only one I see as a bigger standout than Riddle.

Dream is amazing when you consider he's only 23, let him be the face of NXT for abit as the guy can have 20 years on the main roster still. It will probably be better to wait til Vince has gone off to do the XFL to bring him up as I don't see Vince getting his character.

9 hours ago, jump said:

Ricochet and Black have as much or more experience as Austin did when he first signed to WWE.

If you consider when he dropped the Ring Master gimmick to become Stone Cold it would have been 2 months when he won the King Of The Ring. Stone Cold got as big as he did as they gave him something to do and he caught fire, aimless filler matches wont let them get over.

Maybe experience in total years wrestling. However Austin had experience working a mainstream US promotion, moving high up the card and wrestling the likes of Steamboat in big ppv matches. I don't think they are comparible. 

Ricochet and Black are getting a decent spotlight and can move up when the time is right, there is no rush. People talk about all these individuals who need to be pushed, but realistically how many can you push at one time?

I'm not impressed with the Smackdown moves. With Balor's IC title does that mean Smackdown has two mid-tier belts with Samoa Joe's who didn't move? Liv Morgan has moved which means she has left the riot squad which is a shame imo but with the additions of Mickie James, Bayley, Emeber Moon and Kari Sane also it looks bloated in the women's division, I'm also not keen on sticking Asuka in the tag division now too. At least it looks like they are doing something Elias tho.

9 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Luke Harper has left WWE.

He's asked for his release which is pending acceptance from WWE, apparently Alexander Wolf has left WWE now too. It says a lot about how many people are asking for their release atm from WWE, Sasha Banks is still off somewhere too and The Revival staying was based on a promise to fix the tag division...

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Maybe experience in total years wrestling. However Austin had experience working a mainstream US promotion, moving high up the card and wrestling the likes of Steamboat in big ppv matches. I don't think they are comparible. 

Ricochet and Black are getting a decent spotlight and can move up when the time is right, there is no rush. People talk about all these individuals who need to be pushed, but realistically how many can you push at one time?

They've already moved up the NXT card which is an US promotion. Ricochet in particular already has experience with mainstream promotions even before NXT like New Japan and Lucha Underground (before you say I know you don't count anything that isn't American but that's more down to your own ignorance than them not being a promotion), I'd argue he's a bigger name than Austin was when they joined WWE too, his matches with Osprey was getting HUGE attention at the time.

Filling out the card in tag matches isn't a spotlight it's just filling out the card, also the Raw tag division is a huge joke where even being the tag champs means shit. Just look at Matt Hardy, Bray Wyatt, Curtis Axel, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable etc, only Hardy has done well since and that's largely because he retired for a few months and then got back with Jeff. You can have mid-cards feuds to spotlight people but WWE can't manage anything that isn't over a title/Roman Reigns/nostalgia wrestlers anymore. 

I raised the question of the 2 midcard belts on twitter and someone said Samoa Joe wasn't there to do his switch on Raw. But surely they could have just said or even filmed something and played it out if that was the case.

Reigns move is huge, SDLive about to become the A show?

Edit: Very quick of Harper to tweet on the situation if he hasn't been granted his leave. I assumed he'd left from the tweet he put out.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

3 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I raised the question of the 2 midcard belts on twitter and someone said Samoa Joe wasn't there to do his switch on Raw. But surely they could have just said or even filmed something and played it out if that was the case.

Reigns move is huge, SDLive about to become the A show?

Once the move to Fox is yeah as it's their biggest earner. 

Tbh with Road Dogg quitting as head booker/writer and the Fox money about to come in I can see Vince getting more hands on with Smackdown and it turning to shit like he does with Raw every week.