WWE

lharris92

One of the best mania of recent times imo, there was not a bad match overall and kept me interested all the way trough the 6 hrs.

Also I marked out big time when the IIconics won the tag titles, Batista, HHH and Charlotte entrances were great stuff as well.

6 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

One of the best mania of recent times imo, there was not a bad match overall and kept me interested all the way trough the 6 hrs.

Also I marked out big time when the IIconics won the tag titles, Batista, HHH and Charlotte entrances were great stuff as well.

I thought Batista's was pants, should have just been normal, missed his cue, I was so hyped for it too. Loved the mad max stuff for HHH.

Buzzing for IIconics.

Overall I was happy with the show but, my god, WrestleMania has become too long. Far, far too long. I had to go to bed after the Reigns vs. McIntyre match as I fell asleep on the sofa. I got up and watched the rest this morning. 

A weird finish in the main event though for sure and it’ll be interesting to see what comes of it tonight on RAW. 

Edited by Andre91

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Overall I was happy with the show but, my god, WrestleMania has become too long. Far, far too long. I had to go to bed after the Reigns vs. McIntyre match as I fell asleep on the sofa. I got up and watched the rest this morning. 

A weird finish in the main event though for sure and it’ll be interesting to see what comes of it tonight on RAW. 

Yes that's my only complain, the show is now too damn long and especially if you are watching from the other part of the world.

Should be an interesting post mania Raw tonight, we still haven't seen Ronda vs Lynch 1 on 1

Finally got through it all (but I skipped the cruiserweights & Reigns vs Drew) and I though it was good overall.

I don't like how they are cutting down the production of the sets in favour of those shitty cgi models that float about, even the B PPV use to have really cool sets. For all of the talk about WWE being a brand they skimping on it what makes them bigger.

Rollins vs Brock was a good shock start to 'mania.

Baron vs Angel felt flat, I understand he can't go anymore but it just didn't feel special.

Thuganomics Cena :)

Kofi vs Bryan blew everything away, one of the best 'mania matches in years.

Both of the 4 way tag matches were really enjoyable and were good breaking up the card.

I was enjoying the Miz vs Shane match until the bump which was anti-climatic compared his previous ones.

Demon Balor squashing Lashley was welcomed in both terms of time and how repetitive they have become fighting each other.

Trips entrance was great although his matches can't keep being 20/30 mins every year. 

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Watched that Sting documentary about him in WWE. The Rock vs HHH was scheduled for the following Mania (hence HHH beating Sting) but Rock pulled out. I'd imagine they'll do their best to make it happen next year. 

Triple H beating Sting was one of the worst calls made in recent WWE history. As was not having Sting face The Undertaker at WM31. There’s zero reason for them not doing that match other than The Undertaker presumably not wanting to do it. Sting has always wanted that match. He still does. 

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

Watched that Sting documentary about him in WWE. The Rock vs HHH was scheduled for the following Mania (hence HHH beating Sting) but Rock pulled out. I'd imagine they'll do their best to make it happen next year. 

Always felt like there was gonna be one more Rock v Triple H match - wasn’t he meant to team without Ronda instead of Kurt?

I’m not sure how they would work it in though, what storyline could they go with?

16 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’m not sure how they would work it in though, what storyline could they go with?

Rock despite coming from the great Anoaʻi wrestling family & being one of the all time greats is denied entry in the WWE Hall of Fame by Trips because he feels he's a movie star which leads to a match. It gives Rock something to fight for and keeps him face since no one is going to boo him and heat on Trips (whilst also working on Trips' heel tendency to keep others down) and since Rock's schedule is insane induct him into the Hall Of Fame at the same time.

I doubt Rock will wrestler properly again tho, in his Cena feud he got hurt and caused problems with his movie filming and since he's the biggest paid actor in Hollywood why risk it.

23 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Always felt like there was gonna be one more Rock v Triple H match - wasn’t he meant to team without Ronda instead of Kurt?

No idea but HHH said there was a creative reason for him beating Sting which was a match with the Rock the following year and then the Rocks movie went over. Taker "was unavailable" to face Sting. Despite having a match with Bray Wyatt on the same Mania card. ?

Im sorry but the above HHH had to go over Sting so he could face The Rock at the next Mania, what a pile of GARBAGE. He went over Sting because it was Vince stroking his dick and pushing down WCW and TNA. No chance it was anything but that and im sure HHH had his say in it too.

So i've watched 'most' of WM, haven't yet finished it got 2 matches left, but apart from the pyro and the set, it's just same old WWE crap. Yeah there was some decent matches. Kofi v Bryan was great but I think they could have an even better match tbh, these two could probably do a nice series of matches now and it wouldn't get boring, there was some really nice stuff in that match.

Lesnar v Rollins was fucking garbage. Absolute trash. It was like a rehash of Lesnar v Balor at Rumble, except that was better, I got way more into that match, Lesnar knocks Rollins about a bit, low blow and three weak ass stomps and wins? BS. Rollins running and doing a stomp on Lesnar, after JUST a low blow, he wouldn't, he shouldn't even have gone down, he had to wear him out more first, it looked awful IMO. Rollins can go, I hope they book this right but I dunno, they've kinda made him look shit since he came back from injury. I just don't get into him anymore, he needs to be a dick again. Goody two shoes Rollins is boring. 

Miz Shane was great I agree like above apart from that shitty ending, they need to really do something with Miz now, he's just treading water.

Orton AJ was meh, Orton just stinks everything up.

tbh I can't even remember much else, it was just average, no match was like now that was a CLASS match. I'll go back to this Mania again to watch that match.

Tell you what WAS a class match, Walter v Dunne on NXT. That match had me gripped, they told a story, it looked great, can't fault it whatsoever. 

HOF btw was awful! Worst HOF in memory, no-one told stories about the past etc, apart from Bret that one story and Harlem Heat touched on some stuff, Torries was heartfelt and I liked what she said, great speech, DX was bloody woeful, HBK and HHH just fucking around not taking it serious, Billy Gunn not really saying much then HHH taking a shit on him, Roaddogg fucking about, only one it MEANT something to was X Pac, X Pac I was loving talking and the others just tried to ruin it for him. Then lets shoot some water pistols, FFS man. 

Brutus and Honky were just sucking WWE's dick HARD. Yes great they gave you opportunity but I like to hear moments that made your life, impacted you, people who made a difference. it all seemed second fiddle to WWE is the best!!

Away from all that, Ambrose has gone I see, I wonder what next for him, I reckon AEW, I mean I saw Don Callis interviewed at weekend and he said he doubts he's actually leaving so I can't see them having spoke to him, seems Impact certainly have the money for him though and Callis said theres plenty of money to sign names and they want to bring a couple more names in after RVD is now back. 

Now many is out the way, lets see what the rest of the wrestling world does this year. WWE will just drift now until Summerslam.

Wow, most people loved HOF, especially DX. 

I thought Mania was decent. That 4 way tag match was great from the guys. I reckon they could have cut out the IC match, Roman's match didn't need to be there and Angle match should have been even shorter or a different opponent. As always there was some strange calls. Not sure why HHH match had to go so long, the end of the main event should have been a tap out by Ronda but apparently it was switched from that because of that being "too fake"

Lesnar match was a Lesnar match. Beat down and all finishers. While I agree that the Finn match was better (much better story telling) let's just be happy the belt is off him.

Hope you're wrong about drifting till summerslam but i remember it being awful for months last year post Mania.

Money in the bank is soon though.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

Brock vs. Seth was dog shit. Pathetic build leads to a pathetic Mania match involving Brock. What a shocker. He should never hold a title again. It is a complete waste of time. 

DX at the HOF was cringey as hell. WWE loves to play up DX as something they weren’t. The NWO were groundbreaking the faction that swung things in the 90s, not DX. 

I think that if The Rock ever has one more match, it will be again Reigns. 

On 4/9/2019 at 10:41 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

Wow, most people loved HOF, especially DX. 

I thought Mania was decent. That 4 way tag match was great from the guys. I reckon they could have cut out the IC match, Roman's match didn't need to be there and Angle match should have been even shorter or a different opponent. As always there was some strange calls. Not sure why HHH match had to go so long, the end of the main event should have been a tap out by Ronda but apparently it was switched from that because of that being "too fake"

Lesnar match was a Lesnar match. Beat down and all finishers. While I agree that the Finn match was better (much better story telling) let's just be happy the belt is off him.

Hope you're wrong about drifting till summerslam but i remember it being awful for months last year post Mania.

Money in the bank is soon though.

I thought the HOF was fine, but I still felt after watching that it's very wrong that Chyna isn't recognized as an individual.

The trouble is now they have the titles on Rollins and Kofi, what next. I think the former is very average and needs to drop to Drew. As for Kofi I fear the interest is in the chase.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:30 AM, Andre91 said:

DX at the HOF was cringey as hell. WWE loves to play up DX as something they weren’t. The NWO were groundbreaking the faction that swung things in the 90s, not DX. 

I dont agree. As someone who watched religiously at the time, DX were a group who took it a step further than the NWO. They helped cause things to swing back.

17 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I dont agree. As someone who watched religiously at the time, DX were a group who took it a step further than the NWO. They helped cause things to swing back.

Agree, the nWo started the new era of wrestling in the mid 90s and won many wrestling fans from wwf.  However dX and Austin took it a step further and not only won wrestling fans but mainstream audience as well. 

28 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

Agree, the nWo started the new era of wrestling in the mid 90s and won many wrestling fans from wwf.  However dX and Austin took it a step further and not only won wrestling fans but mainstream audience as well. 

DX were also perfect for the time. It was very much the American Pie/South Park era. I can see why some think it doesn't work now, but it worked perfectly then.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I thought the HOF was fine, but I still felt after watching that it's very wrong that Chyna isn't recognized as an individual.

The trouble is now they have the titles on Rollins and Kofi, what next. I think the former is very average and needs to drop to Drew. As for Kofi I fear the interest is in the chase.

The only part of DX speech I didn't like was the granny boob bit. Was a bit much for this day and age.

I'd much sooner see Reigns champ than Rollins but this is where we're at, currently. Drew would be a good foe for him.

Kofi won't hold that title very long, I reckon he'll lose it next PPV. He doesn't need to hold it long, it was more about him achieving it after all that time.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

Why do wrestling fans always bring it back to the attitude? 

I reckon Kofi holds it longer than the next PPV but he is a short term champ, unless WWE makes a few new stables it will be too weird having Kofi with two guys behind facing one on one challengers all the time.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Why do wrestling fans always bring it back to the attitude? 

I reckon Kofi holds it longer than the next PPV but he is a short term champ, unless WWE makes a few new stables it will be too weird having Kofi with two guys behind facing one on one challengers all the time.

Kofi will have a month long reign, I think. A heel needs to take it off him and my choice would be Bryan winning it back. For the love of everything good in the world, don’t let it be boring Randy Orton. I can’t stand him. 

Rollins will hold the belt until Summerslam where he should lose it to Drew. 

The shakeup next week will be interesting. I think AJ will go over to RAW. I don’t want AJ as champion again any time soon, though. I think he’s a really boring champion. 

Braun needs to be utilised over on SmackDown properly and be a WWE champion before the end of the year. 

Edited by Andre91