WWE

lharris92

5 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

With the hardcore fans maybe, with casual fans definitely not, in the eyes of the company definitely not.

I don't know about that, Vince has added himself to the feud and considering the "casual" audience knowledge of Vince is greater than most of "ruthless aggression era" and even the modern "superstars" it's fair to say the company is aware they have something on their hands. Tbh they have put more a lot more effort into the Kofi vs Bryan feud than the  Rollins v s Brock one. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:19 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

Good doc

Not really bothered about WM but will watch it. Much more excited for ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard at The Garden the night before(Tokyo Dome level stacked) and NXT on the Friday.

I've finally got round to watching that doc, it was enjoyable but I was hoping one of the things they were gonna cover was being a gaijin in Japan. Most non-Japanese wrestlers live in America or wherever and came over when there are matches but he lives in Japan.

I’ve been thinking about 3 the main title fights and I can’t see WWE giving us the baby face win in all 3. So who loses out - Kofi, Seth or Becky?

I have a feeling it will be Kofi to miss out but wouldn’t put it past them to have Brock retain!

Also if you haven’t heard it check out the Lock Up podcast. I discovered it last week and I’m really enjoying it.

39 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ve been thinking about 3 the main title fights and I can’t see WWE giving us the baby face win in all 3. So who loses out - Kofi, Seth or Becky?

I have a feeling it will be Kofi to miss out but wouldn’t put it past them to have Brock retain!

Also if you haven’t heard it check out the Lock Up podcast. I discovered it last week and I’m really enjoying it.

I think you can get away with Kofi or Seth losing, Becky would be madness.

I have really reduced the amount of wrestling podcasts over recent months. Austin was always my favourite, but now that's gone, Jericho is hit and miss depending on guest, JR is an overlong drag. I loved the Conrad Thompson ones at first, but they are now getting very repetitive.

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Bryan has to drop the belt before the next Saudi show in May since he's refuses to go there, Becky has to get the title as there's been too much build up around it but I can see depending on Brock 's contract situation Seth losing as he was plan B when Roman got sick and is back now.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There will never, ever be a well built title match at Mania when Brock is involved. This needs to be the last time he ever holds the gold. 

I think Brock v Goldberg was well built, it was simple but effective. I think Rollins is a bigger problem, I see him as a glorified gymnast with a good look and little else

33 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

So it was announced on RAW that the winner of the main event will win both belts. Does this mean they’ll eventually just be having 1 undisputed women’s champ rather than 2?!

Fucks knows, they are making the shit up as they go along, it will probably change by the time of 'mania. It also put an end to the 4 Horsewoman rumours now too.

That Raw was fucking shit, it was the last Raw before 'mania and there's still no clue on the Cena or the tag titles matches and they have seem to forgotten the brand split as well as the matches it was meant to have last night.

There's a bit of hubbub as a comedian's news show was talking about how dodgy WWE's practices are citing independent contracts, risking people's health (timed with Ciampa's neck injury), high death rate etc and he also made a weird joke about Reigns being a pedo. WWE's response was to invite him to 'mania.

Edited by jump

16 minutes ago, jump said:

Fucks knows, they are making the shit up as they go along, it will probably change by the time of 'mania. It also put an end to the 4 Horsewoman rumours now too.

That Raw was fucking shit, it was the last Raw before 'mania and there's still no clue on the Cena or the tag titles matches and they have seem to forgotten the brand split as well as the matches it was meant to have last night.

There's a bit of hubbub as a comedian's news show was talking about how dodgy WWE's practices are citing independent contracts, risking people's health (timed with Ciampa's neck injury), high death rate etc and he also made a weird joke about Reigns being a pedo. WWE's response was to invite him to 'mania.

There's too many matches on the card, most lacking any build. The matches will be fine, but it will seem very long! 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

There's too many matches on the card, most lacking any build. The matches will be fine, but it will seem very long! 

Exactly my thought, with the pre show included I think the show will be about 7 hrs which is way too much the crowd will be burnt out by the time of the main events. 

Mania should be around 4 hrs and maybe an hour pre show, like it was until a few years ago.  I don't like the extended show to try and put everyone one, and then nobody will care about half of the matches.   

59 minutes ago, A-Rob said:

Exactly my thought, with the pre show included I think the show will be about 7 hrs which is way too much the crowd will be burnt out by the time of the main events. 

Mania should be around 4 hrs and maybe an hour pre show, like it was until a few years ago.  I don't like the extended show to try and put everyone one, and then nobody will care about half of the matches.   

It's why if I was Bryan and Kofi I would gladly take the opening match. 

THE BIG DAY IS UPON US :D 

Here are my calls for the matches: 

Buddy Murphy 

Gronk 

Asuka 

Hawkins & Ryder 

Triple H 

Finn Balor 

Kurt Angle (squashes Corbin in seconds and then Cena comes out. Cena wins) 

Randy Orton 

Roman Reigns 

Samoa Joe 

Aleister Black & Ricochet 

The Miz  

Bayley & Sasha Banks 

Seth Rollins 

Daniel Bryan 

Becky Lynch 

*The Undertaker to squash Elias somewhere in there too. 

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

I'm a full blown casual so take my opinion for a pinch of salt, The Miz is massively underrated. Knows how to build a fued. Not sure why they made Shane Mcmahon win it but I enjoyed that fight 

Agreed. Occasionally it seems like he might be showing a bit of weakness but then he always seems to put on a hell of a match. So versatile.

7 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yeah but I would have preferred Hawkin to end the streak in the battle royale. Revival have had an odd run on main.

Yeah the Raw tag division is a mess with The Revival being the worst effected by it and I'd expect Curt & Zack to drop the belts back to them tonight on Raw but I still enjoyed the moment.

I'm ignoring the rest of this thread til I've finished all 185+ hours of 'mania.