WWE

lharris92

53 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

AEW could be great, unfortunately it adds to the already massive amount of wrestling available and i probably won't watch it (if they get a tv deal)

I kinda get your point on Hogan but I can fully understand people not forgiving him, especially black people.

You could try what I do and simply skip Raw and just watch the highlights, apart from the women's division and the odd the rivalry the show just bores me, it's not a WWE thing as I still enjoy Smackdown. It frees up my time for the other rastlin', speaking of which any else catch Wrestle Kingdom? Fantastic matches throughout, the Omega vs Tanahashi and Ospreay vs Ibushi were real highlights for me.

3 hours ago, jump said:

any else catch Wrestle Kingdom? Fantastic matches throughout, the Omega vs Tanahashi and Ospreay vs Ibushi were real highlights for me.

Was a great show. Those two matches were my favourites along with Jericho vs Naito. Felt a lot of the matches were rushed and would have benefited and been an better with an extra 5 minutes to some of the other matches.

Kenny Omega isn't going to WWE. He isn't going to 'change the world' with his friends  if he goes against him. I think AEW for sure and hopefully a deal with NJPW. Would be a pretty big loss.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

4 hours ago, jump said:

You could try what I do and simply skip Raw and just watch the highlights, apart from the women's division and the odd the rivalry the show just bores me, it's not a WWE thing as I still enjoy Smackdown. It frees up my time for the other rastlin', speaking of which any else catch Wrestle Kingdom? Fantastic matches throughout, the Omega vs Tanahashi and Ospreay vs Ibushi were real highlights for me.

Raw has been shite for a while. I get through an episode of Raw in just under 2 hours, skipping all the adverts and junk in-between matches.

Plus I have a YouTube show around WWE so kinda need to watch it.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

21 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Hogan has never been popular with the workrate fans however the truth is he could get more over doing a pose than many internet darlings have nearly killing themselves. Its funny how many people who watched late 80s/early 90s WWF claim they hated Hogan and were more of a Flair fan, I suspect a decent proportion are making this up.

Back in the late 80s, early 90s when I started watching wrestling I like hogan, even tough Ultimate Warrior was my favorite. I disliked Ric Flair he portrayed his heel persona perfectly. Year later when I started to understand wrestling Ric became one of my all time favorites.

But I agree, a lot of people to sound cool stated that they hated Hogan in his heyday. In my opinion he played a very huge role in putting wwf to a world wide audience, I see his influence similar to Micheal Jordan bring the NBA to world wide audience.  

41 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Jericho being there has me very interested, one of my all time faves!

Didn't really follow his recent goth thing though.

It wasn't meant to be goth, it was more of Metal/Clockwork Orange thing. The only thing I didn't like about his run in New Japan was they kept trying to make out it was WWE vs New Japan. It did work to an extent but I'd much prefer the narrative being about what a vicious prick Jericho is and trying to be relevant still.

53 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The AEW stuff is really exciting. I'm really quite excited for it. I can see them making some big big signings if the rumours of the money they are offering are true. 

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDBERG...

Also after 'mania AJ Styles, Nakamura, Gallows and Anderson contracts expire. New Japan are chasing them to make up for losing The Elite but I could see a move to AEW also working for them. Plus there's Omega, Scrull and Pentagon Jnr they could grab. Also CM Punk, they are probably the most able to get him if he does come back to wrestling slim as it maybe.

Not fussed about Goldberg and never was. I get the appeal but the squash matches are over too quick for me to enjoy.

Edited by jump

18 minutes ago, jump said:

It wasn't meant to be goth, it was more of Metal/Clockwork Orange thing. The only thing I didn't like about his run in New Japan was they kept trying to make out it was WWE vs New Japan. It did work to an extent but I'd much prefer the narrative being about what a vicious prick Jericho is and trying to be relevant still.

Also after 'mania AJ Styles, Nakamura, Gallows and Anderson contracts expire. New Japan are chasing them to make up for losing The Elite but I could see a move to AEW also working for them. Plus there's Omega, Scrull and Pentagon Jnr they could grab. Also CM Punk, they are probably the most able to get him if he does come back to wrestling slim as it maybe.

Not fussed about Goldberg and never was. I get the appeal but the squash matches are over too quick for me to enjoy.

I don’t see AJ going anywhere. I do see the others going to AEW, though, particularly Gallows & Anderson. 

I’m so glad Jericho is there. He is on the top of his game even now. He is one of the all-time greats for sure. He’s so great. 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m so glad Jericho is there. He is on the top of his game even now. He is one of the all-time greats for sure. He’s so great. 

All time greats for what? If you are talking overall I dont think he can be put with the likes of Hogan, Flair, Austin, Rock and Undertaker who I consider the iconic wrestlers of their era.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

All time greats for what? If you are talking overall I dont think he can be put with the likes of Hogan, Flair, Austin, Rock and Undertaker who I consider the iconic wrestlers of their era.

His ring work. His constant reinvention of himself. His promo work. 

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

C'mon you're knick-picking. He has an impressive resume and is an all round great performer. I'd certainly would call him an all time great.

Of course Jericho is an all time great. his recent NJPW just added to his legacy even more. lots of great matches and some of best character work of his career. I have him above Undertaker and possibly The Rock. It's all opinion and subjective but IMO the best all around performer of all time is Flair. if we are talking in ring and body of great matches,  then it's Hiroshi Tanahashi.

Goldberg in AEW? No thanks. This should be an alternative to WWE. not a rehash of nostalgic stars stealing the spotlight. Bringing in Goldberg is the sort of thing TNA would have done. 

15 minutes ago, jump said:

C'mon you're knick-picking. He has an impressive resume and is an all round great performer. I'd certainly would call him an all time great.

I guess it depends where you set the bar. I would have to go through a decent amount of names before I get to Jericho.  To me an all time great has to be a top draw and Im not convinced Jericho ever had any significant drawing power. I dont think he has enough of a track record at main event level.

Thats not to say that Im not a fan of his work, but I think terms like all time great are handed out too easily.

16 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I guess it depends where you set the bar. I would have to go through a decent amount of names before I get to Jericho.  To me an all time great has to be a top draw and Im not convinced Jericho ever had any significant drawing power. I dont think he has enough of a track record at main event level.

Thats not to say that Im not a fan of his work, but I think terms like all time great are handed out too easily.

I disagree Jericho doesn't have any "significant drawing power". New Japan saw a massive spike on their streaming service and live shows with Jericho, I think (if I remember correctly) the numbers touted at the time where 35% increase on their streaming service and an extra 2k seats literally the day after he showed up.

Of course he was never the face of the company the same way Rock or Austin were if that is what you're talking about though.

Edited by jump

2 minutes ago, jump said:

I disagree Jericho doesn't have any "significant drawing power". New Japan saw a massive spike on their streaming service and live shows with Jericho, I think (if I remember correctly) the numbers touted at the time where 35% increase on their streaming service and an extra 2k seats literally the day after he showed up.

Of course he was never the face of the company the same way Rock or Austin were if that is what you're talking about though.

I mean drawing power in the USA, I would admit Im completely unqualified to make judgement about Japan.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

I mean drawing power in the USA, I would admit Im completely unqualified to make judgement about Japan.

Well he did manage to launch a successful Wrestling Cruise in America based on his name, has more followers on Twitter than Hulk Hogan as well as doing things like the Jay Leno show. 

16 minutes ago, jump said:

Well he did manage to launch a successful Wrestling Cruise in America based on his name, has more followers on Twitter than Hulk Hogan as well as doing things like the Jay Leno show. 

But he hasnt carried a major American company as its top star and never been that huge drawing superstar.  He has done a great job in reinventing him, keeping himself relevant with the hardcore fans and branching out to do different things like podcasts. As I said it depends how many people you are willing to put into the "all time great" criteria and where you set the bar.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

But he hasnt carried a major American company as its top star and never been that huge drawing superstar.  He has done a great job in reinventing him, keeping himself relevant with the hardcore fans and branching out to do different things like podcasts. As I said it depends how many people you are willing to put into the "all time great" criteria and where you set the bar.

I still don't like this criteria of only the toppest of top guys can be thought of as great . You can make the same argument about The Undertaker who you named earlier as he's never really carried a company as it's top star. It also limits it an weird way as someone like Foley, Piper or Mysterio can't be thought of as a great that but it can include the likes of Kevin Nash, Roman Reigns or Lex Luger.

40 minutes ago, jump said:

I still don't like this criteria of only the toppest of top guys can be thought of as great . You can make the same argument about The Undertaker who you named earlier as he's never really carried a company as it's top star. It also limits it an weird way as someone like Foley, Piper or Mysterio can't be thought of as a great that but it can include the likes of Kevin Nash, Roman Reigns or Lex Luger.

Undertaker almost deserves to be in a category of his own. He hasnt carried a company or been a massive draw, but it is the greatest character in wrestling history in my view.

I think its not just about carrying the company, but also having the drawing power. I wouldnt call any of the 6 names you mentioned all time greats, but maybe im just more picky in terms of how many people Im willing to classify in that way.