WWE

lharris92

16 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

My favourite combinations are still Gorilla/Bobby and JR/King, but whether they would work today is debatable.

Yes that was a different era, mainly based on kayfabe. Gorilla and Jesse Ventura were my favorites

25 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Is it possible that wwe felt winning the tournament and world title win could tarnish a regular competitor, so gave them to Shane and Brock? I personally hate how strong they book Shane.

Im not looking forward to Brock v AJ. I also hate the raw v smackdown fake rivalry.

What because of the backlash to the show?

It was Braun's time god damn it! Say bye to the Uni belt again everyone.

That Shane stuff was just wow! Proper pissed me off.

2 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

What because of the backlash to the show?

It was Braun's time god damn it! Say bye to the Uni belt again everyone.

That Shane stuff was just wow! Proper pissed me off.

Yep, I wonder if they felt it would be tarnished due to the backlash. I would rather win the title at Manka than a controversial Saudi ppv.

What a pile of hot garbage. Absolutely PATHETIC wrestling PPV in the year 2018. 

I can't believe how bad the booking was on this show. They just NEVER improve. 

I was really looking forward to Lesnar and Strowman just knocking fuck out of each other and we just got that... 

And the tournament finals.... just how do they get away with it? Theres your chance to give Ziggler or Miz a huge rub and nope, lets put Shane over, theres just no logic behind it at all. None.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

2018 is the worst WWE has been since 2011. Absolute garbage. 

I'm going through the ppv in order and currently on Royal rumble 2013. I found 2012 a bad year, Sheamus winning the title, boring year long CM punk reign.

One positive watching yesterday, Corbin is getting much better in my view.

Edited by pink_triangle

19 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm going through the ppv in order and currently on Royal rumble 2013. I found 2012 a bad year, Sheamus winning the title, boring year long CM punk reign.

Yeah 2012 had that god awful people power crap. That match against Cena when Funk Man was wearing that wetsuit was the worst. THE WORST. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

2018 is the worst WWE has been since 2011. Absolute garbage. 

I'd argue it's the worst since 95. Nothing memorable has happened and so many bad shows. Look at the roster they have and it's shocking how bad the writing and even also the match quality on most pay per views. So many dirty finishes.

14 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

It's not a bad theory. So rematch on Raw and Braun wins then...

After all there booking patterns,I don't know how you can remain optimistic that Braun wins. WWE always do the opposite and leave people hoping  for something that never comes. Braun may win eventually but will no doubt be a short reign. WWE don't care as those who that complain continue watching anyway so it doesn't matter. I fully expect Brock to keep the belt until at least Mania and be away most of the time training for a UFC fight against the DC/Lewis winner tonight, which would happen early next year, unless he fails a drug test. 

Jericho main eventing his first PPV today,  It's on right now or maybe just finished. Will be watching the show very shortly.  

40 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

I'd argue it's the worst since 95. Nothing memorable has happened and so many bad shows. Look at the roster they have and it's shocking how bad the writing and even also the match quality on most pay per views. So many dirty finishes.

After all there booking patterns,I don't know how you can remain optimistic that Braun wins. WWE always do the opposite and leave people hoping  for something that never comes. Braun may win eventually but will no doubt be a short reign. WWE don't care as those who that complain continue watching anyway so it doesn't matter. I fully expect Brock to keep the belt until at least Mania and be away most of the time training for a UFC fight against the DC/Lewis winner tonight, which would happen early next year, unless he fails a drug test. 

Jericho main eventing his first PPV today,  It's on right now or maybe just finished. Will be watching the show very shortly.  

Wouldn't say i'm optimistic, was just playing along with that theory. Braun shouldn't have a long reign with the belt, so right now is perfect for him to have it until Roman gets back. Can't believe it's back with Brock. 

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

This acting GM role has been brilliant for him in my opinion. 

25 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It's the first time he has chosen any personality. He is miles better than Angle, Shane,Paige, Bryan in the role.

On another note am I the only one who thinks HBK without hair just isn't right!

My mates won't shut up about it. People go bald (currently living the same nightmare at 28)

7 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

My mates won't shut up about it. People go bald (currently living the same nightmare at 28)

Funny how perceptions of age change. I got into wrestling during the attitude era and remember thinking Patterson and Brisco were so old. Listening to Pritchard podcast today and found out they were the same age as HBK and Taker are today!

On 11/3/2018 at 12:14 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

I rewatched 95 recently. went through every PPV and every raw and it wasn't that bad, helped that Raw was only a 40 odd min show after adverts taken out. Michales was featured a hell of a lot which helped, Bret is also on a lot yet he has some shitty fueds here and there. Hall and Jarrett are great solid undercards. Nash has his best matches in this period, he has a hell of a match against Bam Bam Bigelow on raw, I think its helped by the fact Nash can actually go all out on Bam Bam, he's doing flying stinger splashs and everything not worrying he will hurt him cus he's another big guy, check it out below. There is a lot of cack there, but there's some good matches to be found also. 

As has been said it's been a long time since I've seen WWE in such a rut. They've been in it for a while now and it just seems to be getting worse. Absolute joke they didn't give Dolph or Miz the win for a start off.

The Lesnar thing is ridiculous but I guess they're hoping he will win his UFC return which will bring more publicity to WWE with him being a 2 sport champion at the same time.

5 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

As has been said it's been a long time since I've seen WWE in such a rut. They've been in it for a while now and it just seems to be getting worse. Absolute joke they didn't give Dolph or Miz the win for a start off.

Vince may counter that the amount of money they are making would suggest the rut is not that great.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Vince may counter that the amount of money they are making would suggest the rut is not that great.

Actually the last quarter results were poor, their bread and butter of house shows is barely breaking even with Vince acknowledging there's a problem. Their big tv deals are seeing them through but the tv ratings are dropping.

1 minute ago, jump said:

Actually the last quarter results were poor, their bread and butter of house shows is barely breaking even with Vince acknowledging there's a problem. Their big tv deals are seeing them through but the tv ratings are dropping.

The trouble is the main thing that would improve the product would be cutting the third hour of raw, but that's not financially viable.